If you all get my husband maimed or killed I will track you all down and flatten all your tires. Just kidding. I think the reason Baldbeemer is a little conflicted is that by nature he is the "just go for it" type but he doesn't have a huge amount of dirt experience and really doesn't want to be the one holding the group up.

I hear ya... when I rode with him at Corral, I told him about my first ride with SDAR (I'll let somebody else link if they want)

He did great on trail 3, but that trail is still easier than some of the trails at Big Bear... I don't know all of those trails they are talking about, but Devil's Hole always requires teamwork to get across (but everybody always gets across... different saturation levels, but they always get across)

One thing about SDAR... if he goes on the ride, the GROUP will all finish together. (That's my experience, any way... I have seen exceptions)

Those guys are all experienced riders, and I expect will help him when he needs it...

Either way, I hope to get a tour guide and some folks together for a midweek Big Bear ride in the near future

.....Devil's Hole always requires teamwork to get across (but everybody always gets across... different saturation levels, but they always get across).....

I'll be interested to hear about Devils Hole - I'd imagine it's still too deep/fast to even consider crossing.......go ahead, prove me wrong (I'll be dry regardless :lol::ph34r: )

All right, I'll put on my big-boy pants and meet you all @Deer Springs. I will have room in the truck for another bike if anyone wants to carpool.

If you all get my husband maimed or killed I will track you all down and flatten all your tires. Just kidding. I think the reason Baldbeemer is a little conflicted is that by nature he is the "just go for it" type but he doesn't have a huge amount of dirt experience and really doesn't want to be the one holding the group up.

DUDE Your wife didn't just make a excuse for you did she?

As a mod (not a scooter full of mirrors, but.....), I accessed the Mistress' login and decided to poke some fun at the Bald guy.

DUDE Your wife didn't just make a excuse for you did she?

Ozzy, you obviously don't know me.

What....no write up??? I expected to see a write up over in the write up forum complete with lots of crash pics and cussing hill climb videos. :party:

What....no write up??? I expected to see a write up over in the write up forum complete with lots of crash pics and cussing hill climb videos. :party:

Haha. Doug took some photos. I'm sure he will post them later today. Not much to report, no major incidents.

Haha. Doug took some photos. I'm sure he will post them later today. Not much to report, no major incidents.

I heard there was an amusing water crossing incident involving Baldbeemer. I eagerly await the pictures.

" Not much to report, no major incidents"

By the way Brad, as a man who practices using words, your lack of them is killing me.

" Not much to report, no major incidents"

By the way Brad, as a man who practices using words, your lack of them is killing me.

Haha, I should have taken photos, they are easier then typing on my phone. I don't have a computer. :angry:

We did some boulders followed by water followed by snotty hills, followed by boulders followed by water followed... u get the picture. Doug and and I ran the ridge trail both ways, it was a blast. Good riding with everyone as usual. I'm ready for more.

Nice Report!

Kind of tough to write the great American novel on a smartphone.

"Doug and and I ran the ridge trail both ways, it was a blast. Good riding with everyone as usual. I'm ready for more."

Dang, that is some riding. I supplicate at you feet.

" Dang, that is some riding. I supplicate at you feet. "

Bagster, remember to keep it "PG" rated. What you do on your time is your business.

Nice Report!

Kind of tough to write the great American novel on a smartphone.

"Doug and and I ran the ridge trail both ways, it was a blast. Good riding with everyone as usual. I'm ready for more."

Dang, that is some riding. I supplicate at you feet.

To tell you the truth, that's the best shape/easiest I've seen Redonda Ridge. I can't blame it on me getting better either since I took the enitire winter season off in a different desert. Many of the nasty rocks (you know, the ones that pick your front tire up and throw it in some random direction?) have been removed from the trail by the maintenance crews. Traction is good - probably because there is still a bit of moisture in the soil. I rode sweep on RR and when I'd come to a section expecting to see riders ahead of me working over obstacles - the trail was clear.

Kind of dissapointing in some ways - I've said it before, and I'll say it again - not EVERYONE has to be able to ride EVERY trail. Leave some of the rocks for people that enjoy that type of torture! :blink::lol: I realize they're just doing what they think is right though, and I very much appreciate what they do - trail maintenance is a lot of work!

I have to say - that reverse run on RR with Brad was a blast. Non-stop fun. I think we could have done it in under 30 minutes had we not had to work our way around those quads coming the opposite direction!

Hey Brad - lets do a weekday (or early morning so there are no people on it) run on Redonda Ridge with the helmet cam!!! bikeslut hasn't puked in a good while!

"I think we could have done it in under 30 minutes had we not had to work our way around those quads coming the opposite direction!"

Doug, No way quads did that trail!! I was convinced it was too narrow in spots to pass four wheels.

And as for the trail being "easy", short of having 24" steps, I found it about as tough as it could get. Possibly it was the concept of isolation that got to me. If you holed a case in the middle of that eight miles, you would be hard pressed to get the bike out. Trailside repair??

From now forward, the Pinyon Drop / Rodriquez & Oriflame will seem childs play.

To repeat, I supli...Oh never mind.

"I think we could have done it in under 30 minutes had we not had to work our way around those quads coming the opposite direction!"

Doug, No way quads did that trail!! I was convinced it was too narrow in spots to pass four wheels.

And as for the trail being "easy", short of having 24" steps, I found it about as tough as it could get. Possibly it was the concept of isolation that got to me. If you holed a case in the middle of that eight miles, you would be hard pressed to get the bike out. Trailside repair??

From now forward, the Pinyon Drop / Rodriquez & Oriflame will seem childs play.

To repeat, I supli...Oh never mind.

Dave, if it makes you feel better one of the quad riders was a girl. :lol: They had already gone one way and were coming back. She said "wee this is fun" and proceeded to run into me while trying to squeeze by. Her hubby made a big production at that point and we blew 3-4 minutes with them. Before the quads, I had a guy bulldogging up the first snotty hill who got in my way. He was about half way up and I couldn't get by, so I had to stop. I asked him if he wanted a push or whatever and he declined. Amazingly, I was able to get going again in the middle of that hill. I'm sure I roosted the s**t out of that guy. :ph34r:

Doug, I'll go back again and ride some more stupid stuff with you before your event. Better be explicit what your intention is if you post a ride for that. You don't want to surprise anyone :scare:

Oh yeah! Big Bear... My old stomping grounds. However, I have never ridden the trails you are all talking about. Is there an exact address that you will be meeting at once you get up the hill? I am supposed to go to Riverside for work on Friday and I am thinking I may take the bike and just stay the night. I have a couple of riding buddies in the area that have been bugging me to go riding. My thoughts are I will hit the two of them up and meet the group at the trail start. If someone can point me in the right direction as far as a meeting address and a start time I will see if they are game.

Let me know...

Scott

Dug- thanks for thinking of me

I'm actually in the early planning stages of a mid-week hardways ride, so I'll forego the video and just puke in person...

Riding that ridge both ways sounds like fun (did you actually do it 3 times?)

We may be asking for GPS tracks prior to riding...I assume a few of you have them?

Good report guys- I'm glad beemer went; I had kind of directed him away from it, due to his limited dirt experience, but he manned up and tackled the ride...and the yellow submarine pic belongs on the front page

I know what all of you are thinking... Dude! This ride was last weekend!!! My bad... I just got excited when I saw the post... Maybe next time.

we need to come up with a "next time" real soon........BBTR is coming sooooon

I'm glad beemer went; I had kind of directed him away from it, due to his limited dirt experience, but he manned up and tackled the ride...and the yellow submarine pic belongs on the front page

Thanks for delagating my rides mom! No wonder people sign up then back out, you are sending them messages telling them not to ride with us?

I'm going back to the tooth puller.

as one of the few people on this site that has ridden redonda ridge and ridden with beemer, I just thought I would give him my two cents

I'll butt out... sorry

Glad you guys had a fun ride

I've ridden with a fairly wide variety of members here- many are much better than I.

I depend on input from fellow members if I sign up for a ride that they believe is over my head. I have no desire to hold folks up nor throw my old body needlessly to the ground.

Ultimately, it's my decision, but I welcome the observations and input. I think it's a benefit of membership.

ya ya, you guys wanna tell people not to ride with other people, do it in the thread for the ride not in a PM.

we need to come up with a "next time" real soon........BBTR is coming sooooon

I'll be up there this weekend with a couple riding buddies, including Johnnybags, a SDAR member who lives up there. We will probably ride Saturday morning. I'm going to use my helmet cam on Redonda Ridge b/c there is not a lot of Youtube footage of that hardway. Is stock or desert tank better up there? Anyone have DigDug's GPS tracks handy?