KIP

Sightings

4 full dressed riders set up for a day of riding just left my Wifes Starbucks at about 9am in Escondido at the corner of I-15 and Via Rancho Pkwy. My wife asked if they did the Desert Dash. One of the riders mentioned to my wife that his Ural lost a clutch on the dash.

May have been 3 Yamahas and 1 KTM. Who was on the Ural?

Here is a pic of the broke Ural

http://i224.photobuc...dash2012002.jpg

Second page of this post.

4 full dressed riders set up for a day of riding just left my Wifes Starbucks at about 9am in Escondido at the corner of I-15 and Via Rancho Pkwy. My wife asked if they did the Desert Dash. One of the riders mentioned to my wife that his Ural lost a clutch on the dash.

Who was on the Ural?

I think his name is Ed, from BMW. It is the same bike that rode Pinion Road a few weeks ago with Alex on his Ural.

That was us! Edward "The Urinal guy" from SDBMW riding a 650X Challenge, John Sawazhki - a friend from Colorado - on 950SE, his bro in law on DR 650 and moi on DRZ.

Tell her thanks for being so pleasant. Most of the crowd leaving there were giving us the stink eye. Could have been our non stop laughter

Two guys heading East on I-8 around 8 this morning... I suspect the KLR was Pyro, and didn't get a good look at the other bike, but they were both loaded for traveling so I expect we'll see a report in a day or two... or three... or never

Two guys heading East on I-8 around 8 this morning... I suspect the KLR was Pyro, and didn't get a good look at the other bike, but they were both loaded for traveling so I expect we'll see a report in a day or two... or three... or never

Pretty sure that KLR was the brother of one of my "Big Bike" guys for next week, and the other guy was his riding buddy (I think it is a DR650, not sure). They were riding down from Upland, CA to stay with friends near Downtown, then headed East to El Centro today to visit family. Both of those guys will be joining us next week along with a couple of poly-cylindered two wheel tractors on the DD2012 course.

Pretty sure that KLR was the brother of one of my "Big Bike" guys for next week, and the other guy was his riding buddy (I think it is a DR650, not sure). They were riding down from Upland, CA to stay with friends near Downtown, then headed East to El Centro today to visit family. Both of those guys will be joining us next week along with a couple of poly-cylindered two wheel tractors on the DD2012 course.

Reddish KLR? Could've been...

Reddish KLR? Could've been...

Red Gen1 KLR with Pelican Case luggage... that would have been him for sure.

Followed a nice DRZ400 down the strand from Coronado to IB this afternoon around 2PM - I might have seen the same bike parked on NASNI? Anyone on here?

Saw a Toyota pickup going up the I-15 this morning with 2 Hodakas in the back...thought it might be our own Socalhodaka, Kelly....as I passed him, saw it was him.

Kelly, did you see me wave out the window ?

Saw a Toyota pickup going up the I-15 this morning with 2 Hodakas in the back...thought it might be our own Socalhodaka, Kelly....as I passed him, saw it was him.

Kelly, did you see me wave out the window ?

Yes I saw the wave. That was me.

My friend sent me this picture Saturday morning in Jamul. Looks like a DR200 or DR350, a DRZ400 and an XR650. Anybody from SDAR?

post-14322-063650300 1337714436_thumb.jp

Soooo the wife and I are cruising thru Elfin Forest coming back from a day at the beach in our Blazer and 2 Enduro riders going west are waving like they know us. Who was it. A Husky and a DRZ ??

PalomarBlazing.jpg

Soooo the wife and I are cruising thru Elfin Forest coming back from a day at the beach in our Blazer and 2 Enduro riders going west are waving like they know us. Who was it. A Husky and a DRZ ??

GoofyFooter and I were sneeking around...checking out Spooks and some other old skool places from Enci. A Husky and XR250.

We know your ride Schwinn, saw ya coming a mile away.:coolio:

White Ford Ranger on Metcalf St. Escondido....missing SDAR sticker

White Ford Ranger on Metcalf St. Escondido....missing SDAR sticker

Oops.

Saw a big guy on a 650 honda ( Goofy Helmet ) accross from Swami,s late this afternoon. Looked like Cr###y ??

Just now, Fanita and Prospect, silver extended cab F150 with an OB sticker on the back window. I think he might post on here occassionally or something...

I wanted to yell hi but my window was up.

This thread needs revitalized.

I passed two wr250r's on De Portola Road in Temecula around 6:30ish. I've seen them 2 or 3 times before in the Temecula/Hemet/Anza area. Anybody on here? I was on my white/yellow DRZ with a black jacket.

I've also been seeing another yellow DRZ around Fallbrook a lot. Yellow flares, no graphics, and a sumo set up. I saw him go by on Stage Coach last Thursday around 8:00 PM.

Saw the zombie assault vehicle ural sidecar rig in ocean beach sunday...forgot his screen name...Zombie Hunter ?

Passed a wr250r turning onto mission from via encinos in Fallbrook about 6:00PM. Rider wearing white helmet and shorts. Newer looking bike. Followed me on my DRZ until I turned off into the high school for an afternoon class.

Also saw another wr250r and a silver BMW GS riding together on centre city parkway just north of the police department in Escondido around 2:30 yesterday. I was on opposite side of intersection with black jacket and red helmet.

I've seen a lot of riders in the North County area; haven't posted about any of them. I imagine at least some are members on here.

I had an XR650R pass me on Mission in Fallbrook around 2 o'clock today. I was in an older model white F-150. Rider was wearing a florescent green t shirt with white MX boots and black backpack. Heading up Tenaja perhaps?

Also saw an older white KLR600 or something of the like near RadioShack just a few minutes after. Rider was wearing a red shirt.

Ran into a newer generation red KLR650 a couple weeks ago at the intersection of Old Hwy. 395 and 76. I was on my yellow/white DRZ and asked if you were riding out somewhere. You replied, "yes, work." I believe you mentioned you were a member before taking off.

I've seen a clean, blue DRZ400S a couple times in the Fallbrook area.

There is a guy right off Via Monserate that has multiple bikes. I frequently notice him wrenching with the garage open as I pass by.

Another rider off La Canada has what looks like a DR350 in the front yard right off the road. He also has a trailer and a 4x4 out front.

Besides that, I've seen a couple XR650l's, a newer, white DRZ, another (or possibly the same) red KLR, and a couple GS's around Fallbrook. I can't remember when and where though.

In Vista, I saw an older Husky in full supermoto trim at the intersection of Osbourne and East Vista Way a month or two ago. Rider was fully decked out in a black Alpinestar leather suit.

Also in Vista, I've passed a couple KTMs. One was a 500 or 530, I think, off East Vista Way around the same spot as the Husky. This was a while back, probably 6 weeks ago. I couldn't tell what the other was, but he was off Monte Vista about a month ago. Rider was in motocross gear and balancing on the pegs at a stop sign.

I also saw a blue WR go down East Vista Way near Mad Racing a few weeks ago while I was working on my bike in their shop. I didn't get to see what model he was on and I can't remember what he was wearing.

I saw 10 or more riders this past Saturday heading south on Boulder Creek Road. I waved a single finger at most of these guys. Seems like some of them thought I was missing a few brain cells (wrong...I'm missing a lot!)