650hucker

Anywhere to LEGALLY ride on the beach?

I took a ride through Otay today, ended up at the Trophy Lounge in National City. Took a quick jaunt along the beach before coming back home. The trip reminded me of videos and pictures of guys riding along the beach...Is this legal anywhere? If so, Where?

Yeah, I know the beach is sand, so in advance, Shut up. :good:

I took a ride through Otay today, ended up at the Trophy Lounge in National City. Took a quick jaunt along the beach before coming back home. The trip reminded me of videos and pictures of guys riding along the beach...Is this legal anywhere? If so, Where?

pismo beach CA and mexico!

So no where in SD? And, Anywhere in Mexico? If so, I'll be in Tecate on the beach sunday....

Padre Island in Texas!

Florida..........

What beach is there in Tecate? TJ river?

Yea tecate is a little to far inland hahaha, ive always wanted to ride the beach, i guess the closest place to SD would be like rosarito area.

If so, I'll be in Tecate on the beach sunday....

Wow, that last earthquake was stronger than I thought! :good:

Padre Island in Texas!

But you still can't play in the dunes...Only up and down the beach as they are treated as county roads... My friend nearly lost his jeep there... parked it at low tide, came back and water sitting a few inches below his door sill... had a rough time getting it out.

Be careful riding on the beach around Rosarito and Puerto Nuevo as the Federalies WILL harass you for riding on the beach and they carry machine guns !!!

Wil... are you just looking for sand practice, or to actually ride "on the beach"...

being a juvenile and all, and I assume lacking a passport, you may want to stay out of Mexico. The farther you get away from tourist areas, the less the local policia and the federales mess with you... of course, the farther away from tourist areas, the farther you are from help

I have ridden on the beach on Fiesta Island... if people can drive their cars down there, I can ride my plated bike down there, right?

Lark has some sections of sand in the main wash, if you just want to practice your skilz (I spell it like that, cuz that's just how I roll)

Just a "bit" farther is Ocotillo/Plaster City area... all the sand you would want... let me know if you want to motor out there EARLY some morning :good:

from there, you can ride to Superstition, and even Ocotillo Wells, and enjoy as much SAND as you want... no beaches though

Wil... are you just looking for sand practice, or to actually ride "on the beach"...

being a juvenile and all, and I assume lacking a passport, you may want to stay out of Mexico. The farther you get away from tourist areas, the less the local policia and the federales mess with you... of course, the farther away from tourist areas, the farther you are from help

I have ridden on the beach on Fiesta Island... if people can drive their cars down there, I can ride my plated bike down there, right?

Lark has some sections of sand in the main wash, if you just want to practice your skilz (I spell it like that, cuz that's just how I roll)

Just a "bit" farther is Ocotillo/Plaster City area... all the sand you would want... let me know if you want to motor out there EARLY some morning :good:

from there, you can ride to Superstition, and even Ocotillo Wells, and enjoy as much SAND as you want... no beaches though

Count me in on that ride... just give me a few days notice and time to get my bike back together.

In the old day's you could ride near the water off Palm ave

and around 32 street. I go to Pismo a every couple years, but the

best beach ride I like is Oregon Dunes on the Oregon coast.

How about some sand practice early sun? Should be nice and cool as some rain is expected later in the evening to Mon.

well if some people are going out early Sunday, please post up... i MAY be able to join for a few hours

Jacumba/Ocotillo/Lark-

I'm IN for a sunday ride. And since you have already made me ok with getting up early, I'll go with you Bob :good:

I just wanted to ride along the beach, thought it'd be interesting. There's plenty of places for sand riding elsewhere...

Ride along the beach not in the sand - Silver Strand

Pismo is like Glamis only in the summer. Oregon Dunes in North Bend does look awesome.

While you're on your way there. Stop at Samoa Dunes in Eureka, CA

IMG00156.jpg

So there's no where to go riding on the beach in san diego?

And I meant go THROUGH Tecate, not at tecate :good:

I'm IN for a sunday ride. And since you have already made me ok with getting up early, I'll go with you Bob :P

I just wanted to ride along the beach, thought it'd be interesting. There's plenty of places for sand riding elsewhere...

I will be in Corral Canyon :good: ....

On the BMW <_< ....

2up :lol: ...

This could get interesting.

I'm IN for a sunday ride. And since you have already made me ok with getting up early, I'll go with you Bob :P

On the BMW <_< ....

start with trail 3A "up", to Bronco Peak... your wife will LOVE the views from up there

trail 912 is fun either direction; make sure you stop to play on some of the trials areas... extra points for bunnyhopping a GSA with a pinion

try trail 5 also, and do some of the jumps along trail 2...

remember trail 8 we did? That will be easier when it's dry, so doing it should be no problem, especially with all the extra horsepower of your GS... Don't forget to take lots of pictures

*jealous*

On the BMW <_< ....

start with trail 3A "up", to Bronco Peak... your wife will LOVE the views from up there

trail 912 is fun either direction; make sure you stop to play on some of the trials areas... extra points for bunnyhopping a GSA with a pinion

try trail 5 also, and do some of the jumps along trail 2...

remember trail 8 we did? That will be easier when it's dry, so doing it should be no problem, especially with all the extra horsepower of your GS... Don't forget to take lots of pictures

*jealous*

You talk like I have any clue where we went. I was to just tryong not to get lost! I'll be loading my tail maps in my BMW's GPS today.

I will take my girlfriend all over, but will most likely keep it REALLY mellow since I have street tires on it right now and do not plan on changing them before tomorrow; otherwise I would be out in Primm today.

Pictures will be taken.

You can ride the beach along the shore of Salton sea in a few places.

And I've been to Pismo and Oregon dunes with my Jeep......better than Glamis in many ways. Oregon has HUGE dunes covered with trees, bushes, etc. Small lakes are all over the place inland, and of course, the beach.

Pismo is small, and good for a day trip IMHO.