hail

Hail to all! (meaning hello)

Just joined, haven't ridden in 40 years, into my second youth! or, wife kicking me out? not sure, but she BOUGHT me the bike, how cool is that - 04 DRZ400s with all the armor, Keihin carb, Renanzco seat, Clark tank, heated grips. In the process of adding side racks, panniers, rear Pelican case, and lower sprokets (like most ol' guys, just want to go slow and steady). (in need of left rear foot peg and 47t rear sproket if anyone local has that) The bike is still too big for me - I need to grow into it. Dropped it 4-5 times the first ride out. Good thing it's a DRZ mule and not some fancy thoroughbred otherwise I'd be too scared to get it scratched.

post-13986-1267558751.jpg

Welcome to the group! Check out the Informal Rides forum frequently and join up on a ride!

You picked up a great bike! Not sure you'll need the paniers and the bbq trunk all the time, but very handy for the long trips. Lotta DRZ guys here, you're in good company.

Hail yes... welcome to the group

'nother DRZ rider here

rather than getting a replacement stock footpeg, upgrade to a fastway or something... as far as sprockets go; can't help you out.... I still owe an SDAR for my last sprocket...

renazco seats are sweet...

like strega says; post a ride or join one

Hail yes...

:blink:;)

Welcome! see you on a ride soon!

Welcome Hail...You must be doing something right, if the wife buys you a bike, either that or she wants to get you out of the house... :P ...either way, good for You !

Slow and steady seems to be my mode also, I'd LOVE to be more comfortable at faster speeds, but at least I'm out there, and get to where I'm going. :) ....See you on a ride soon...deb

"rather than getting a replacement stock footpeg, upgrade to a fastway or something..."

"my" footpegs are upgraded, I am looking for the 'rear' left footpeg - maybe then I can take my wife out - and hopefully not drop it 4-5 times!

Welcome aboard. You are never too old (I hope :) ) to ride. :P

Wow, that quiver looks sweet - as well the souls that partake

Welcome hail.. We will still like you even if you do ride the same bike a bikeslut..

Welcome Hail

Also, Remove the Chain link fence magnet from your bike. Bikeslut left his on. Bad things come from that...Ask him about it. :):P

Welcome Hail

Also, Remove the Chain link fence magnet from your bike. Bikeslut left his on. Bad things come from that...Ask him about it. :):P

ZING!!! B)

Nice shot!

both of you can shut right up

DSCN3005.jpg

there... happy?

I'm glad you can all laugh at my pain

Welcome again Hail... this is what we refer to as "a HiJack"... when a nice, pleasant greeeting turns in to "throw bikeslut under the bus"... or in to the chain as the case may be

HiJack Off

Welcome aboard! Plenty of rides to jump in on & a lot of local knowledge here.

Mostly great folks and two smarta$$es. Enjoy!

Welcome aboard Hail! You will have to quit falling down so much if you ride with us. That's my job you have to find your own role! :o Lots of good people here. Keep your eyes open for upcoming rides.

Welcome again Hail... this is what we refer to as "a HiJack"... when a nice, pleasant greeeting turns in to "throw bikeslut under the bus"... or in to the chain as the case may be

Dang, I'm not sure what to think. 1) "un"technical ways to adjust your forks? 2) not a good idea to be first when pre-rideing a new section? 3) don't get distracted by the scenery when riding new territory? All kidding aside - that dismount couldn't have been graceful. hope you were all right. Thanks for the welcome to everyone, looking forward to riding, Hail

Nice bike man! And a load of sweet gear too? Holy Cow! Congrats see you out there soon :o

welcome to hail...alot of great people here. they said earlier,"mostly great people here and 2 smarta$$es" im kinda new here too...they dont know yet...im a smarta$$ TOO....they just dont know it yet :lol:

nice bike...and if your wife ever wants to give my wife classes on how to be a bikers wife let me know :o

Hey Hail! Welcome.

Great to see another "slow & scenic" rider on a drz.

Hope we can get together on a ride.

What area are you in?

oh yeah forgot to mention hail...watch out for that 02rdking guy....he thinks he knows everything about every car ever built....oh wait he actually does....damn know it alls.... ;)

I have a left passenger footpeg for you if you can make it down to the South Bay. Where do you hail from?

both of you can shut right up

DSCN3005.jpg

there... happy?

I'm glad you can all laugh at my pain

HiJack Off

glad to see that im not the only one hitting fences. look out for the barbed wire out near el centro by the way...and dont forget to roll away from where the bike is going to land or your wrist is going to look like this:

also welcome i havent really gone on a ride with these guys yet but they seem like a great group.

post-13889-1267736976_thumb.jpg