dirt dame

01/29/10 Duffyland track day

Kind of a short notice weekday trackday ride. All the usual suspects showed up, Becky(and her new CR150), Lauri (and husband), Troy, Andrea, Bonnie and our own DSfox and Trophyhunter made it out for the event as well. Also in our midst was professional photographer, Rick Moore (of Ricky Pics) who was out enjoying the the riding/BS session whilst toting out the big gunz camera to take pictures of us all on the track. Can't wait to see those. So, I didn't trudge around clicking off riding shots myself, figuring that my time was better off spent out on the track on Pez (Dispenser of fun) or kicking back with a pomegranate iced tea in the compound. John Duffy made a rare appearance riding on the track, too. So it was all good, as usual. And I didn't ride too bad, either. :lol:

Here are a few casual group shots. I think that others took some pictures that they may post and I will post some of Ricks shots of me when I get a hold of them.

Sometime between riding sessions.

DSC_0012-1.jpg

Some of the goilies.

DSC_0019-1.jpg

John fixes a bent boo-boo on DSfox's bike.

DSC_0007-1.jpg

A little dirt bike BS session. Man, look at that beautiful KX250 in the midst of those guys. :)

DSC_0009-1.jpg

Yow! As Crocodile Dundee might have said "Now this is a lens."

DSC_0016-1.jpg

I could see that thing all the way up on the hill when I was down at the other end of the track. I couldn't even see Rick, just the lens pivoting around. I began to become really self conscious about a lens that could take pictures of the inside of my nostril from that distance. :o:ph34r:

Can't wait to see his work. B) Oh yeah....I already said that.

Thanks again to Christi and John for hosting another excellent track event. And thanks to all those who attended for making it a fun social event as well.

Some pics in no particular order.

TrackDay001.jpg

TrackDay002.jpg

TrackDay003.jpg

TrackDay004.jpg

TrackDay006.jpg

TrackDay007.jpg

A huge thanks to Christi & John for having us. My first track experience ('cept one loop at Acorn). You can learn a lot by repeating the same stuff over and over. My first 5 laps I didn't get out of 2nd. After lowering the Primm set front tire from 20 down to 14, cornering got much easier.

Got into 4th by the end of the session. Had a great time!

Forearm pump still hurts at 9:07 PM. :ph34r:

I need to get an MX bike and get out there. I'm in the process of getting an RM-Z250...

Oh, for arm pump, the best advice I've heard on it, is to release your grip on the bars and relax as much as possible, only grip on jumps. Even over braking bumps you can have a relatively loose grip. You probably knew this, but just in case...Helped me out ALOT for DH racing.

Thank You Christie and John, Good to see everyone and share some fun and excercise...nice pics dirt dame....here's a few more: You Go Girl!

P1290098.jpg

P1290092.jpg

P1290099.jpg

few more action and scenery shots....Beautiful area up there....

P1290096.jpg

P1290095.jpg

P1290097.jpg

P1290094.jpg

nice pics trophy also...we were posting at the same time, so didn't see til after...

You probably knew this, but just in case...Helped me out ALOT for DH racing.

Fear will make you hang on like there's no tomorrow. This was new to me and you're right...I hung on tight. My mind was occupied with "there's a corner, there's another corner, theres a jump, 'nother jump, corner..." ....you get the idea. :ph34r:

Good shots DS. I especially love the one you got of us all with our legs crossed. :ph34r:

The More We Work or The Harder we Ride....the More we appreciate the Rest and the cold Beverage of choice afterwards...

Hey you guys....I just checked Ricks website and all the pictures from the track ride are up and are they ever awesome! :ph34r::lol:

Check it out here:

http://www.rickypics.com/

+1 - Looks like you guys/gals had a blast!

Looks like another great day at Duffyland. Neat to have a pro photo guy there also. To bad I missed it, who is on the old school Yamaha? I was hoping to bring one of my Hodaka's out.

Looks like another great day at Duffyland. Neat to have a pro photo guy there also. To bad I missed it, who is on the old school Yamaha? I was hoping to bring one of my Hodaka's out.

Bonnie Warch brought that bike out to ride.

Looks like fun... Christi; you rock... very nice of you to invite some SDAR peeps out to ride

100B0410-1.jpg

Good, now that I have your attention.....

Also, for those of you who were lucky enough to get your picture taken by Rick, there is a great one time deal he'll do for this special event. I just e-mailed him and he e-mailed me back with this:

"If you are interested, instead of spending hard earned money on a single print or two, I am offering the gang to put each rider's images (all of them) on a CD and mail it out to for $25.00. That works out to $20 for me and $5 for the costs to get it to you. The originals are gorgeous.

Would you help me pass the word along and see if there are any other takers?"

There isn't a bigger bargain than this out there anywhere from any professional photographer, so I hope all will be wanting a disk of themselves to remember this day of fun with. I know that I am in. Rick was running late and said he'd catch me later, so there will be more details later on, on this deal.

Oh fud....most of you guys are out riding right now.

What a great day! I enjoyed everyone's company. GOOD TIMES. Nice photos. That is a SMOKIN' deal on photos from Ricky. Wow. He usually charges $65 for a cd. I am all over that.

Hopefully more SDAR riders can come out next time. I want to get to know all of you better.

It might rain this week which would mean a good ride this weekend, so maybe there will be another track day in store. Stay tuned.

Wow! that looks like fun!!

I was flippin through the pictures on the link and this picture is Hilarious......did you get what you were reaching for?? :lol:

Okay track riders, Rick has got a hectic schedule this week so just shoot him a check for twenty five bucks to the address below for your "smokin Duffyland CD" along with your mailing address so he can get your pics out to you right away. My check will be in the mail today. :lol:

email: ricky@RickyPics.com

web : www.RickyPics.com

mobile: 760 218 4897

MAIL / SHIP / STUDIO

Rick Moore Photographer

48100 Highway 371

Aguanga, CA 92536

Wow! that looks like fun!!

I was flippin through the pictures on the link and this picture is Hilarious......did you get what you were reaching for?? :lol:

If you looked at the next picture, you saw that I was trying to make the bunny ears on John, but he was on to me by then.

http://www.rickypics.com/info.php?photo_id=012910-0151

This is one of my favorites because my front wheel is way up there. This is through the roller section.

pic

It might rain this week which would mean a good ride this weekend, so maybe there will be another track day in store. Stay tuned.

Sunday sounds like a good day to me :lol: