SCHWINN

Cigarettes anyone

Motorcyclist Chased After Stealing Cigarettes Dies In Crash

Motorcyclist Indentified as Noah Sean Comer, 39

POSTED: 6:25 am PST January 7, 2010

UPDATED: 12:09 pm PST January 7, 2010

EL CAJON, Calif. -- A motorcyclist was killed early Thursday while fleeing from law enforcement personnel in a high-speed pursuit that began when he refused to stop for questioning about a commercial robbery attempt, authorities said.

The pursuit began on northbound Highway 67 south of Post Hill around 2 a.m., the California Highway Patrol reported on its Web site. It ended a half- hour later when the 39-year-old man riding a Harley Davidson collided with a CHP vehicle and a Caltrans vehicle near Woodside Avenue.

The motorcyclist, identified by the San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office as 39-year-old Noah Sean Comer, is believed to have used a gun to steal a pack of cigarettes from an ampm convenience store located in the 9600 block of Winter Gardens Blvd. in Lakeside.

Surveilance video broadcast on 10News shows a man believed to be Comer stealing the cigarettes.

Shortly after the pursuit began, the rider led law enforcement onto southbound Highway 67, exiting onto westbound Mapleview Street before traveling northbound on Channel Road and then westbound on Industry Road, authorities said.

The pursuit eventually went from Industry Road back onto southbound Highway 67, where the rider entered an area closed for construction near Woodside Avenue, authorities said.

The Harley then collided with a CHP vehicle and a Caltrans vehicle, sparking a fire, authorities said, adding that the rider died at the scene.

No CHP or Caltrans personnel were hurt in the pursuit and subsequent crash

Well there went somebody who was obviously wading in the shallow end of the gene pool. :rolleyes:

Using a gun to rob some smokes off of.....oh never mind.....

Well...where to start?

Cigarettes are dangerous to your health? Too easy

Did he have loud pipes?

Don't really want to make too much light after it...he had people that cared about him, I'm sure.

Bummer that they seemed to make a big deal about the fact he was on a bike... Bummer somebody had to die for such a stupid reason. I don't know that LE can just "let them go", but it seems a shame somebody died for a pack of smokes.

I don't know that LE can just "let them go", but it seems a shame somebody died for a pack of smokes.

Because, he USED A GUN. When one person threatens another with a deadly weapon, it can't be ignored.

Instead of chasing him, they should've done the "pit" maneuver. HAHA! .... On a serious note. ... What an idiot. If he needed a smoke so bad why didn't he ask his neighbor or someone, ... without the gun.

They would not have been able to catch me on my XR1200 Harley.........hmmmmmm :lol:B)

If he needed a smoke so bad why didn't he ask his neighbor or someone, ... without the gun.

Chemical depedancy is a mother f'er.

I think this guy had more issues than just needing some smokes.

Sneeker I think had it right.

I don't know that LE can just "let them go", but it seems a shame somebody died for a pack of smokes.

Because, he USED A GUN. When one person threatens another with a deadly weapon, it can't be ignored.

misunderstood.... I said "I don't know that LE can just let them go...", NOT " Why didn't the LE just let him go"

My point was it is a tragic way to die for a stupid reason

I belive that stuff like this falls into one of the three catagories below. Pick your favorite. :lol:

#1....Gods will

#2....Natural Selection

#3....Karma

Sad for the biker and his family... Good thing the freeway workers and Leos were not hurt. Not to mention any innocent bystanders. Who knows what motivates people to go to such extremes?

why is it that stories like this are becoming more and more common and don't seem to surprise me at all??? ^_^

:

Wait, they said it was a high speed chase - how could that be true? He was on a Harley after all ;)

^_^;) He was going downhill and the wind was at his back :)