PastaPilot

Birthday Party and Maintenance Day June 6

good advice all of you....so i'd have a flattened, "lightened", pressed carb?? I'm in!! B)

i "think" i could, if pressed, do it myself(*drilling the fuel screw plug out is my biggest worry..)

getting the carb OFF the bike seems like the stress of it all...then into the guts...blue needle, 25 pilot,140, 4th clip, 2.5 turns out on the fuel screw...

i printed out a nice 22(*printed accidently on purpose...) page doc about it...should be "ok"...always nervous nellie about change...

i mean,....errrr..... changing things...esp since she's running pretty smooth(*jinx?) right now.

Blind B)..with the peanut gallery/brain trust there i should be ok....right about then superman(*aka bikeslut) comes in for the last minute heroics!!

(*drilling the fuel screw plug out is my biggest worry..)

That's easy. It's just a thin aluminum plug. Use a drill bit that takes up a good amount of surface area of the diameter of the plug and have a wood screw about the right size. Drill hole, takes a few seconds. Insert screw till it has a good bite, then take a pair of pliers and yank the screw and plug out. That's all there is to that. B)

good advice all of you....so i'd have a flattened, "lightened", pressed carb?? I'm in!! B)

i "think" i could, if pressed, do it myself(*drilling the fuel screw plug out is my biggest worry..)

getting the carb OFF the bike seems like the stress of it all...then into the guts...blue needle, 25 pilot,140, 4th clip, 2.5 turns out on the fuel screw...

i printed out a nice 22(*printed accidently on purpose...) page doc about it...should be "ok"...always nervous nellie about change...

i mean,....errrr..... changing things...esp since she's running pretty smooth(*jinx?) right now.

Blind B)..with the peanut gallery/brain trust there i should be ok....right about then superman(*aka bikeslut) comes in for the last minute heroics!!

You do have a DRZ 400? Check those jetting specs one more time. You may be looking at jetting for a DJ kit. The JD kit requires a larger main jet IIRC 155 (check to make sure, also mod dependent). 22.5 is stock the 25 should come in the kit. Are you going to put in an extended fuel screw? The JD kit also requires the 3X3 hole on the top of the airbox.

Nothing to worry about... cannot really do major damage. just cover up the intake port when carb is out and make sure the carb is properly seated and clamped when done.

something that may help:

vice grips will help remove the float bowl screws after you strip at least one of the heads off.

I might bring a mystery part for you all to identify... :blink:

I'll search for a prize to go along with that contest.

I might bring a mystery part for you all to identify... :blink:

I'll search for a prize to go along with that contest.

Perhaps you can come up with a prize that nobody can identify. :lol:

good advice all of you....so i'd have a flattened, "lightened", pressed carb?? I'm in!! :blink:

Blind :lol:..with the peanut gallery/brain trust there i should be ok....right about then superman(*aka bikeslut) comes in for the last minute heroics!!

You do have a DRZ 400? Check those jetting specs one more time. You may be looking at jetting for a DJ kit. The JD kit requires a larger main jet IIRC 155 (check to make sure, also mod dependent). 22.5 is stock the 25 should come in the kit. Are you going to put in an extended fuel screw? The JD kit also requires the 3X3 hole on the top of the airbox.

Nothing to worry about... cannot really do major damage. just cover up the intake port when carb is out and make sure the carb is properly seated and clamped when done.

something that may help:

vice grips will help remove the float bowl screws after you strip at least one of the heads off.

ah crud....more research...i did(*and was/am now planning on again) watch that youtube...will report back...

Blind ;)...and i mean REALLY?!?!? DJ/JD.....simple dyslexia, or moran?? you decide...

Blind B)...and i mean REALLY?!?!? DJ/JD.....simple dyslexia, or moran?? you decide...

You misspelled moron. :lol::);):lol:

Blind B)...and i mean REALLY?!?!? DJ/JD.....simple dyslexia, or moran?? you decide...

You misspelled moron. :lol::)B);)

advrider.com inside joke... :)

or not? :lol:

I'll try to make it out to your casa tomorrow Jon. I have an excuse if I can't get a hall pass from the Mrs; I'll bring Joliet's Husky specific axle wrench that was left behind at my last Maintenance day so he can get it back :lol:

Need me to bring anything that will fit in a backpack

I'll be on the VMax

See ya there

TT's Burned...says...

1000 to 3000 feet

155 main jet

jd blue needle

clip 4

25 pilot jet with stock fuel screw(*does the extended one matter to this??)

2.75 turns

sound about right??

thanks jbw for the recheck!!!

:lol:

I'll try to make it out to your casa tomorrow Jon. I have an excuse if I can't get a hall pass from the Mrs; I'll bring Joliet's Husky specific axle wrench that was left behind at my last Maintenance day so he can get it back :lol:

Need me to bring anything that will fit in a backpack

I'll be on the VMax

See ya there

It'll be good to see ya bro. It looks like Joliet's going to be leaving with a real bounty. Ramp, pants and wrench. What else do we have of his?

TT's Burned...says...

1000 to 3000 feet

155 main jet

jd blue needle

clip 4

25 pilot jet with stock fuel screw(*does the extended one matter to this??)

2.75 turns

sound about right??

thanks jbw for the recheck!!!

:lol:

The extended fuel screw has a different taper and requires the use of the stock 22.5 pilot jet.

Speaking of Hammer today.

I heard through the grapevine that you're planning to crash another SDAR function. I'd rather you didn't show up. If you do I will ask you to leave.

This event is open to all current SDAR members. Newbs awaiting validation are welcome to stop by and introduce yourselves.

I ask anybody else thinking of posting their own thoughts on this subject to refrain. This post can be the beginning and end of it. Thank you.

This was brought up in a PM.

I have a good amount of work to do on my bike and I'll likely be in the garage spinning wrenches and cussing around 11 AM. I am thinking the food will be hitting the grill around 2 and wrapping up the day by 5ish. We do have another party to get to in PB at 6.

Jon

Have fun guys looks like I won't be able to make it due to wife engagements that take priority :lol:

Oh yeah and in case I didn't put it in there sooner, my phone number is###########. Feel free to call if you get lost or are looking to bring something with you and want to ask about my garage equipment list.

See ya tomorrow,

Jon

I'll be trailriding tomorrow or else I'd drop in. Have fun, everybody. :rolleyes:

Have fun guys looks like I won't be able to make it due to wife engagements that take priority :rolleyes:

You wife is engaged?

I'm gonna stop by just to say HI. Prolly on the XRR since I haven't ridden it in a few weeks.(Stoopid marathon :rolleyes: )

Have fun guys looks like I won't be able to make it due to wife engagements that take priority :rolleyes:

You wife is engaged?

She was once... no she really really wants to go to Temecula for the hot air baloon festival. And tomorrow night is the "flame up" or whatever so she wants to go take pictures and it looks like we will be leaving in the afternoon to go up there.

She was once... no she really really wants to go to Temecula for the hot air baloon festival. And tomorrow night is the "flame up" or whatever so she wants to go take pictures and it looks like we will be leaving in the afternoon to go up there.

Jaynen, I just want to tell you something that was told to me by a friend who had the best marriage I have every seen.

Happy Wife---Happy Life.

Enjoy the balloons! You can always make Jon’s 33 2/3 party! :rolleyes: