thanks Z for taking great pics as always.

Z can explain this.

3244428285_c8fc62400a_b.jpg

what are you smiling at?

3246111355_0042f771db_o.jpg

big bikes on grapevine for gbuscrisis...

3244423065_07b1f446f0_b.jpg

3245252710_0ee86e8773_b.jpg

3245248938_4c2c603929_b.jpg

3244422295_dc36d5c71d_b.jpg

3245252912_b458d9b184_b.jpg

I need to learn how to make one of these.

3245253160_91bbfcc8f3_o.jpg

3245285986_1a96d6af3e_o.png

Interesting...What time where you standing taking photos on Font's Point? I was at the top of Rainbow Wash taking photos of people just to the west of Font's Point about 12:00.

That track up Borrego Mtn Wash would be tough. Or are we looking at the Texas Dip/San Felipe Wash to Borrego Spring Rd.?

Our group must have gone through the same area just a bit earlier.

465348731_owiC9-M.jpg

That track up Borrego Mtn Wash would be tough. Or are we looking at the Texas Dip/San Felipe Wash to Borrego Spring Rd.?

hey bags, I will put up a detailed map with route in a bit. I believe it was something like fonts wash to font point,half way back up to short wash to palo verde to cut across to san felipe to butts pass then to the slot. I'll double check though.

So the Husky didn’t want to go up the easy beaten down sand wash and tried to get Pirate Monkey to go up the more challenging side of the hill instead? :(

Great photos by the way. Looks like you guys had a nice ride (and lunch).

Regarding the Husky photo: The top of that section is whooped out and my answer to everything the slightest bit challenging is to keep the gas on and hang on for dear life (closing of the eyes is on a case-to-case basis). Usually the front goes skywards and if luck is on my side I come down and continue forward momentum. Such was not the case on my first run up the hill. I felt a little like a NASA rocket being launched when I spit straight out of that whoop-hole -- probably didn't look like much to the audience, but it always feels ridiculously dramatic when you're the one hanging onto bars that are trying to leave you.

If I recall correctly I did this very same vertical park job going up the comparably whooped-out Diablo Dropoff a while back.

I felt a little like a NASA rocket being launched when I spit straight out of that whoop-hole .

Well in the early days NASA did spend millions to send monkeys up into space. So I guess the feeling would be appropriate. Although, I don’t know if they ever sent a Pirate up into the cosmos before? :lol:

I had a great time on this ride. Good trails and good people. With only 5 of us we kept a tight group and a good pace. The weather was perfect and we had no problems. No one got lost, probably because everyone kept up.

Not sure why no one else showed up but they missed out on a good one. Thanks Alex and Brad for leading the way.

Wayne

I had a great time on this ride. Good trails and good people. With only 5 of us we kept a tight group and a good pace. The weather was perfect and we had no problems. No one got lost, probably because everyone kept up.

Not sure why no one else showed up but they missed out on a good one. Thanks Alex and Brad for leading the way.

Wayne

Looks like a nice ride Wayne, wish I could have gone. Glad you had fun.

Don

Brad didn't include the "dirt bikes vs. street bikes" pic: We of the Dirt Nation were eating at Jilberto's while all the street riders were over at Carlees. It almost seemed like there was a law we couldn't intermingle. :lol:

post-1009-1233642975_thumb.jpg

Brad didn't include the "dirt bikes vs. street bikes" pic: We of the Dirt Nation were eating at Jilberto's while all the street riders were over at Carlees. It almost seemed like there was a law we couldn't intermingle. :lol:

When I belonged to a Dual Sport club back in the early 90s. we always stopped at Carlees for a lunch break. They made yummy sandwiches. Haven't been there lately though.

Brad didn't include the "dirt bikes vs. street bikes" pic: We of the Dirt Nation were eating at Jilberto's while all the street riders were over at Carlees. It almost seemed like there was a law we couldn't intermingle. <_<

When I belonged to a Dual Sport club back in the early 90s. we always stopped at Carlees for a lunch break. They made yummy sandwiches. Haven't been there lately though.

Carlees still has great meals. I have been eating there since it was called the circle bar because of its location next to the circle. There is always Harleys there when we pull up every Desert Dash and we come stomping in wearing full gear and dump it all in front of the TV. This year we will be eating at the Firestation on sunday during the Dash.

whaaa haaapened to the Hushy??????? very odd posture..

whaaa haaapened to the Hushy??????? very odd posture..

Not so much for the diabolical Fritz.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fritz is a fine bloke as his rider (not a bloke but nice gal). hope both are in good order!!