Crawdaddy

Another Crawdaddy/SDAR Road Trip?

For those of you interested in riding the big bikes up, I'm considering that on my 950.

Looks like a good on, I'm in. Since Crawdaddy doesn't bring a camera anymore, I'll make sure to have mine :ph34r:

Ok this time with attachment (.txt file). Save it your desk top, then rename with .gdb. Then open in Map Source.

no attachment :ph34r:

Chris, How long is that "deep Silt" section. Is it flat? I'll assume big bikes can get over the steps with a bit of work?

Randy, If you ride your 950 will you truck it, or ride from home?

Wayne

This sounds like a blast! If I can get that Friday and Monday off work I'm in. :angry:

Chris, How long is that "deep Silt" section. Is it flat? I'll assume big bikes can get over the steps with a bit of work?

Randy, If you ride your 950 will you truck it, or ride from home?

Wayne

Too long :)

I really don't remember how long it was.......I just remember it being pretty deep......manageable but deep........it's in the early part of a long flat/straight stretch as you come out of the canyon (as I recall B) .......early alzheimers :angry: ......don't rely on my memory TOO much :) .....I don't :lol: )

There's just one "Big Boy Step" that I'm pretty sure you'll need to Bulldog on all bikes unless things have changed in the canyon from all the jeep travel.......no BFD with riding partners/tow ropes....

Troy, I know it goes against everything "Pyro" stands for...........but you could consider......wait for it........"Trailering" :o your bike up for the ride :) .......that way you wouldn't have to take off Friday/Monday from work ;):)

For Barstow/Ridgecrest last year, we all stayed here: http://www.heritageinnsuites.com/ and it was pretty good. Do we want o investigate a group rate? The single night stay rate for 3.20.09 is about $81. They also have a banquet room and the BBTR guys had a buffet dinner that night. Might be fun to do something similar for the ride captain's meeting. Even pizza delivery and a couple cases of beer.

Whaddya think?

p

I'll talk to coopdawg and his pop sounds like fun. I've 4 wheeled through there but never had the bike. I'll keep an eye on the posts.

Hey - I have to bail out of this ride :good: .......my mother is now scheduled hip replacement surgery on March 17th so I'll be heading up to Sacra-Ghetto (Sacramento) the weekend of the 21st/22nd.......

This ride could still be a blast on that particular weekend if someone else wants to take the reins and run the party :clapping: ........I'm happy to help with tracks, etc. if a core group still wants to hit it that weekend.......sorry folks.....

It's a fairly easy thing to reschedule hip surgery- don't see the problem. It's a motorcycle ride!

It's a fairly easy thing to reschedule hip surgery- don't see the problem. It's a motorcycle ride!

You are going to be in trouble! :)

it's the emergency surgery for cranial fractures AFTER you suggest the rescheduling that are the real problem

Hey - I have to bail out of this ride :unsure: .......my mother is now scheduled hip replacement surgery on March 17th so I'll be heading up to Sacra-Ghetto (Sacramento) the weekend of the 21st/22nd.......

This ride could still be a blast on that particular weekend if someone else wants to take the reins and run the party :rolleyes: ........I'm happy to help with tracks, etc. if a core group still wants to hit it that weekend.......sorry folks.....

Chris,

Can’t wait to see how you turn the visit to help your mother into another awesome Bike Adventure.

Death Valley in 2010?

Wayne

So.

Is this a dead deal?

I'm happy to help organize, if:

a) Enough folks are interested.

2) somebody knows the way better than I do.

Takers? Or maybe another destination? I've got the hall pass...

So.

Is this a dead deal?

Hey FN, I went on that ride. Real windy. I still have the tracs.

The first day was fun and not to tough, 95 miles.

The 2nd day was hard. The waterfall (really tough step-up, required 3 spotters to get your bike over) was tough and some steep hills (both directions). I can probably remove some of day 2 difficulty and it would be a great ride for all. That will give us time to walk thru Burro-Schmidt tunnel.

I'd be willing to help. Have lots of tracs decribing the ride and other side rides.

Let me know.

But I still can't use that Distance to Destination feature :lol:

So.

Is this a dead deal?

Is this a plated bike only ride? I'd be interested if I can ride a green sticker bike.

So.

Is this a dead deal?

Is this a plated bike only ride? I'd be interested if I can ride a green sticker bike.

YOU need to PM akcooper... NOW

I haven’t seen so many new faces since the Desert Dash......It was nice to meet so many of you and finally get to ride with you also......I would like to do more riding up that way.........Would really like to do Death Valley this year.

Hmmmmmmmmmm B)

Perhaps the next “C-Daddy invitational group ride” oughta be a swing through Death Valley sometime this Spring? :unsure: ……I’ve had a few people ask me about setting something up :huh: .......…same kinda terrain as the X-plane ride with regular and hero options only EARLIER START, MORE MILES, AND MULTIPLE DAYS B)B):).....sometimes it's good/fun to be the self annointed group ride :king:!..... :lol:

Format: Unsupported, ~350 mile, GPS navigated, 2 day round trip …..drive to Ridgecrest on a Friday night........head out of Ridgecrest towards the Trona Pinnacles/Beatty Sat morning at O’Dark thirty in prearranged ~5-6 person sub-groups (~190 miles)…….spend Sat night at some luxurious 2 star motel in Beatty (I think it's called "Club Motel 6 Resort" or something like that :lol: )………leave Beatty at O’Dark Thirty Sunday morning and head back to Ridgecrest via a slightly shorter route (~160 Miles)…....then drive home Sunday night……dualsport bikes and/or ADV bike riders comfortable with whoops and a few steeps/step ups.....

Jarrett and I have done this loop twice with Countdown (supported)…….and although Jerry still runs his ride every weekend in March, he’s also been nice enough to post his Death Valley Tracks on his library in GPSXchange.com so they’re now out in the public forum/domain (you do belong to GPSXChange.com right? :declare:)………therefore no infringement issues in terms of utilizing some of his files/tracks in addition to other files I have in my own personal library of GPS “stuff”……the difference is C-Daddy rides are unsupported other than GPS tracks……no point to point shuttling of duffle bags, no roll charts, no T-Shirts, no welcome cocktail! (at least not on my tab!)

Stay tuned……

Teaser..........the view down into Titus Canyon on the return to Ridgecrest in March 07:

Titus.jpg

Jarrett made new friend in Titus Cayon:

JarrettTitusCanyon-1.jpg

This sounds killer! I love the Trona Pinnacles.

Well, I'm out.

Thanks to those who expressed an interest, especially Daddy (support) and SteveBoat440, but it was few in number and my wife has a business trip that weekend. We have a family policy that we never travel/ride on the same day.

To her credit, it was reserved on our shared, electronically linked calendars, and she told me I had priority. She told her clients and colleagues, " If my husband's not riding his motorcycle in Death Valley that weekend, I can attend your meeting". This to a Big Buck client!

Damn, I got a good one.

<end boast>

Next year?

p

Well, I'm out.

Thanks to those who expressed an interest, especially Daddy (support) and SteveBoat440, but it was few in number and my wife has a business trip that weekend. We have a family policy that we never travel/ride on the same day.

To her credit, it was reserved on our shared, electronically linked calendars, and she told me I had priority. She told her clients and colleagues, " If my husband's not riding his motorcycle in Death Valley that weekend, I can attend your meeting". This to a Big Buck client!

Damn, I got a good one.

<end boast>

Next year?

p

You are a wise man Paul.

First things first.

Don

Next year?

Definitely - I feel bad about getting some folks jacked up to ride and then bailing :unsure: ......I'll resurrect this thread again down the line B) :declare: