i'll be riding in south SD with alex tomorrow. we are meeting at 1000 oaks campround at 10am. This will be some very steep and rocky terrain so not really a beginner ride. My offer for free lunch is still valid.

3148489203_93a4107a21_b.jpg

That IS steep looking. Have fun!

i'll be riding in south SD with alex tomorrow. we are meeting at 1000 oaks campround at 10am. This will be some very steep and rocky terrain so not really a beginner ride. My offer for free lunch is still valid.

3148489203_93a4107a21_b.jpg

Id like to go, but I need to work on my chain and buy some links in El Cajon.

I went to Ocotillo today or else I would have been there to get some free lunch. or not but I want to give it a shot sometime soon. B)

yo duane (sorry if misspelled your name) the ride is tomorrow. You still have a chance for free lunch.

Yeah I don't think I can get the hall pass 2 days in a row especially since today I left at 7:30am and didn't get home until 10:30pm.

The ride is certainly not too early in the morning, just too rocky and steep for me. B)

we had a good day, it was quite moist and foggy up in the mountains. Alex and I struggled to make it up the hills that take you to the monster hill. But after a few tries we made it to the base of the big hill and alex agreed it was the worst hill he as ever seen. Then we both chickened out and and turned around and went home. :ph34r:

we had a good day, it was quite moist and foggy up in the mountains. Alex and I struggled to make it up the hills that take you to the monster hill. But after a few tries we made it to the base of the big hill and alex agreed it was the worst hill he as ever seen. Then we both chickened out and and turned around and went home. :ph34r:

And I approved this massage.

papa.

And I approved this massage.

papa.

saved for posterity :lol::lol:

we don't care WHAT you guys did after the ride

you gotta get your head out of the gutter bob. I'm gonna start a thread about you in the members only section if you don't watch it.

bannedDRZriders.com :ph34r:

you gotta get your head out of the gutter bob. I'm gonna start a thread about you in the members only section if you don't watch it.

bannedDRZriders.com :lol:

:ph34r:

sorry bob, I think the humor got lost over the internet there. But seriously what kind of stuff you thinking about dude? I'm just here for the bike talk and riding, not looking for dates. :rolleyes:

Anyway, on our ride I had a bolt come loose that holds the top of my front chain slider. I didn't think much of it on our ride, but when we got back to the truck, my counter shaft seal was leaking badly. I got around to taking a look at it today. I couldn't F-ing believe it.

That little bolt got grabbed by the chain and stuffed behind my sprocket and imbedded in the case. UGLY.

3168389916_b34724ca4d_b.jpg

3167556867_696c310ca9_b.jpg

I cleaned it up and put in a new seal, but its still leaking from the wound

I am very sad by this. I can't believe it. The odds on this are astronomical. Not a good start of the year for me and briana. Leaky roof, broken carb, hole in my case. DAMN. I am going to try and use some sealant and hopefully that cures it. If not, new cases and chapter 7.

3167562283_88ce1250d1_b.jpg

OW!

Damn, Brad- you've been hit hard by the gremlins....

Looks like it should be fine if you used some rtv in the seal boss (and around the outside edge of the seal) before pressing it in to keep the oil from finding it's way around the circumference of the seal. Even if it's not perfect, you may be able to have it welded. But I'll bet you'll be OK.

OW!

Me too. Must be that time of year.....cracked radiator on TE, busted stuff on KLX, even a busted boat motor.....worst of course, is busted wallet. :rolleyes:

OW!

Looks like it should be fine if you used some rtv in the seal boss (and around the outside edge of the seal) before pressing it in to keep the oil from finding it's way around the circumference of the seal. Even if it's not perfect, you may be able to have it welded. But I'll bet you'll be OK.

+1, I always use RTV when I put in seals like this, not only does it help seal any imperfections, but it helps the seal slide in easier. I would try another new seal with the RTV and not bother trying to seal the one that is in there now. Good luck. Ken

Brad; I was just messin witch ya;

That sucks about the bike; let me know if you need anything... I mean for the bike

ok I'll quit whinning about my clutch cable that got a pin hole in it

Brad,

clean everything up super well and use a good hi quality made for metal epoxy, you may want to reinstall the seal with a little epoxy on the seal race. This is probably the best fix without having someone weld then try to grind out the seal boss to a tight seal fit. Best of work, you can do it! just be sure to have a super clean surface for the repair and give yourself plenty of room to work in that tight spot (bike on her side may be easier for that gravity assist)!! Rob

Ouch, that's a once in a lifetime occurance. That bolt, getting stuffed there. No way that ever happens again.

OW!

Me too. Must be that time of year.....cracked radiator on TE, busted stuff on KLX, even a busted boat motor.....worst of course, is busted wallet. :rolleyes:

You two aren't the only ones with bad luck, I'll be taking pictures and posting my New Year's carnage today.

I was just thinking- do you have the stock black plastic guard in place? I just changed mine to the little orange Slavens Racing master cyl guard. I wonder if the bolt would have just been tossed aside if it had not been contained by the plastic shell-guard-thingie.

Just a thought.

p

You two aren't the only ones with bad luck, I'll be taking pictures and posting my New Year's carnage today.

Does the bikes "next of kin" need to be notified first?

Not a good start of the year for me and briana. Leaky roof

Just get some rolled roofing, nails, and Henry's wet patch and slap it over the old roof. Who sees the roof anyway?