Tree

Tattoo

I'm looking to get a tattoo. I haven't even priced out how much it would cost but I have a concept that my daughter actually sketched (see picture). I want it on my upper arm so it will be fairly large in black ink with some shading and it will need a little fine tuning. Who whould have an idea of the price range I'm looking at? Does anyone have a contact that is a tatoo artist? I want a quality job but don't want to spend too much. Maybe even trade out some powder coating work if possible.

And while we're on the subject how about showing some pictures of your own tatoos. :angry:

th_tattoo.jpg

That should go fairly quickly. The price will vary based on how big you actually want it. Taking the sketch in so they just have to trace over it will help....they can blow it up or reduce it on a copier base on the size desired.

Base on no color & you being a "new" customer, I'm guessing $150-200. I'll talk to my bro-in-law and get a name for you. He has some intricate colorful tats that are quality. I'd go to his person if I wanted one based on what I've seen. Whoever you chose, check their portfolio of black & grey work. Some is incredible, some is a mess.

I still haven't taken the time to learn how to post pics so none.... Both upper arms, one thigh, upper & middle back.

laurie has one... No pictures, as it in a "no tan" zone

What I lack in tatoos, I more than make up for in scars... Tatoos are probably cheaper

Tatoos are probably cheaper

Might be cheaper but unlike a good tatoo a good scar doesn't fade over time.

when i was truly in my "bikeslut" days, i was considering a chain ring on my calf...

I wish I had some ethnic interest, so I could have like chinese characters on my bike, or a swahili slogan on my arm... I am western european mutt... no "cool ethnic background"

tree- tatooing a tree on you is kind of funny... go to Sequoia, and see what people have engraved in trees... you know Bob (heart) Laurie... kilroy was here... mas cerveza!

I have a scar on my leg from the Pinnacles group ride... it's just a straight line, where my bare leg leaned up against an undersized bikes header... I'm thinking of writing OW, but have the scar be part of the W

I'd also do a tribal arm band, or barbed wire, but my guns aren't what they used to be... tree has the guns for it; I don't

I have a scar on my leg from the Pinnacles group ride... it's just a straight line, where my bare leg leaned up against an undersized bikes header... I'm thinking of writing OW, but have the scar be part of the W

Who you callin' undersized?! Wear long pants or suffer the mark of the KLX! :blink::angry:

K. Here's the referral.

Flying Panther Tattoo

2323 Broadway

San Diego (near downtown)

Owner Rob Bienvidas (sp) is good with color

Artist Mica is good with black & grey (actually doing a tree on my future sister in laws arm.....Hmmm)

Bro-in-law says it's a very clean shop, no drugs, outlaw bikers, etc. He's a germaphobe (or close) so he's particular...."isn't it ironic?"

Maybe you should have a dirt bike flying (jumping) through and breaking off branches as it goes through :huh:

Don't ask me :lol:

I finally got mine at a place in El Cajon Addictive Pain. here it is.

th_Picture.jpg

Kinda reminds me of that tree in Sleepy Hollow, hehe. Nice artwork :unsure:

the wife has 8, her last few have been from Addictive Pain...they do pretty good work...yours looks good too!!!!

i, however, being the wuss i am....have none!!! :unsure:

my take on it....

"i can see having a wife and kids....but a tattoo?? it's.........SO PERMANENT!!!"

Blind B)... wuss level rising!!

That tat looks cool. Stregas right about the creepy tree thing Sleepy Hollow :unsure:

For Future reference There is a tatoo artist named Mat Zabas that owns a tatoo parlor in Leucadia ( encinitas ) That also owns 13 Choppers in Escondido, his shop is located inside Moto Forza, a Ducati and Husky shop. He is always sending stuff out for paint and powder coating and chroming. He has also been on Moster Garage a few times and also tuesday night show on ESPN called SuperBikes about groups stunting and riding with that black narrator and pro stunt rider. They showcased his bikes.

Very cool! If you click to enlarge and blur your vision, the tree will move....and one of the knots winks. :unsure: Nice.

what do the initials mean?

BMS are my son and daughters initials and the LS is my wife's.

Nice artwork!..you mentioned shading too....I think that would add a nice touch too...and they can add that at any time......I have a compass rose on my back (being a land surveyor and mapper and adventurer of sorts, it fit me....)....mine has some shades of salmon pink/orange and blue and has white compass points.....the colored ink adds a very nice touch.....don't have a pic on the laptop and the desk top is messed up right now....

I finally got mine at a place in El Cajon Addictive Pain. here it is.

th_Picture.jpg

My daughter thinks it looks like the Whomping Willow from Harry Potter. :)

Looks good, they did a good job of capturing the drawing!!

Calvin & Hobbs have always been some of my favorite comics. I took their wagon away and put a beat up motorcycle underneath them and they are bailing off laughing as usual. I just got it sunday. The pic looks bad from my phone camera.

I love Calvin and Hobbs. That is a great tattoo.

Calvin & Hobbs have always been some of my favorite comics. I took their wagon away and put a beat up motorcycle underneath them and they are bailing off laughing as usual. I just got it sunday. The pic looks bad from my phone camera.

Is that your arm???? Where is the definition?? haha

Wife has one of a butterfly w/son's name mixed in...looks good. None on me, yet. :lol: