Crawdaddy

XPlane crash site tour inclusive of Husky Monument

I'm thinking I'd like like to head out and do THIS ride sometime in January.....tentative date is 1/9-11

I'll probably be trailering for this ride regardless of which bike I decide to take........really have no interest in slabbing it from here to Barstow.....or riding a ~200 mile loop on Sat followed by another ~200 miles of BORING superslab to get home (if I choose to come home Sat night.....)

That loop looks pretty slick. I have people in Ridgecrest if ya wanted to stay over night on Sat.

Haven't decided on a weekend yet, but I'm thinking I'd like like to head out and do THIS ride sometime in January.

I'd probably head out Friday night and drive to the Victorville/Adelanto area. Then wake up at O-Dark thirty on Sat., drive over to Kramer Junction area, unload, ride the loop, load up, drive home Sat. night or possibly stay in Ridgecrest on Sat night and ride around a bit in the area on Sunday morning ( Trona Pinnacles, etc.) before heading home......I'll re-post once I'm more set on the timeframe/gameplan....

I'll probably be trailering for this ride regardless of which bike I decide to take........really have no interest in slabbing it from here to 4 corners.....or riding a ~200 mile loop on Sat followed by another ~200 miles of BORING superslab to get home (if I choose to come home Sat night.....)

Hi Chris

I have some free time between semesters in January. I might be interested in this if it fits. Would you be interested in doing it during the week? Otherwise I have classes on Friday nights once Spring semester starts.

Don

Sounds good. I am especially interested in going to the Husky monument. :D

In. That sounds like a fun loop and I have a $10 discount coupon for the Ransburg General Store that I need to cash in.

I love going out to Husky. If the timing works I'd definitely be in!!

Haven't decided on a weekend yet, but I'm thinking I'd like like to head out and do THIS ride sometime in January.

I'd probably head out Friday night and drive to the Victorville/Adelanto area. Then wake up at O-Dark thirty on Sat., drive over to Kramer Junction area, unload, ride the loop, load up, drive home Sat. night or possibly stay in Ridgecrest on Sat night and ride around a bit in the area on Sunday morning ( Trona Pinnacles, etc.) before heading home......I'll re-post once I'm more set on the timeframe/gameplan....

I'll probably be trailering for this ride regardless of which bike I decide to take........really have no interest in slabbing it from here to 4 corners.....or riding a ~200 mile loop on Sat followed by another ~200 miles of BORING superslab to get home (if I choose to come home Sat night.....)

I have been wanting to see most of those places, keep me posted. 200 miles with a large group might be a challenge. But I always like a challenge. :D Ken

Hi Chris

I have some free time between semesters in January. I might be interested in this if it fits. Would you be interested in doing it during the week? Otherwise I have classes on Friday nights once Spring semester starts.

Don

What are the start/end dates for the semester break? :) ........it'll have to be a weekend trip (for me).....saving weekdays for Westfest....

200 miles with a large group might be a challenge. But I always like a challenge. :) Ken

Good point, but it sounds like it's a very easy 200 miles (fire roads, dry lake bed, paved roads) and there's a bailout at the Husky Monument.....

Crawdaddy,

Hey, this looks like a ride the Orange Monster wouldn't slow the group down. I'll hope to join in the fun. Parking @ Kramer Jct. makes me worry. Do you know anyone that has done that without loss? I volunteer to be in the Monster Bike Class.

Thanks for doing the research.

Hi Chris

Don

What are the start/end dates for the semester break? :) ........it'll have to be a weekend trip (for me).....saving weekdays for Westfest....

Spring semester starts Tues Jan 20 and I will be in Page the first week of Jan. Mon Jan 19 is a school holliday for me and maybe some others. Sun and Mon would also work.

Don

Crawdaddy,

Hey, this looks like a ride the Orange Monster wouldn't slow the group down. I'll hope to join in the fun. Parking @ Kramer Jct. makes me worry. Do you know anyone that has done that without loss? I volunteer to be in the Monster Bike Class.

We've camped near there in the past with no problems. We go about 20 mins. (give or take) north of Kramer junction and there's a decent camping area.

Besides, no one wants my truck. :)

Crawdaddy,

We've camped near there in the past with no problems. We go about 20 mins. (give or take) north of Kramer junction and there's a decent camping area.

Besides, no one wants my truck. :)

Another option is to start/end in Barstow and pick up the tracks in Hinkley.....we'll fine tune.....easy access off 15/more lodging options/safe parking......we'll fine tune "The Plan"

Don - noted your schedule.......perhaps weekend of Jan 9-11??......I'll check with Kathy to see if we have anything else on the books.....

A vote for hotel!

fn

PS: under the toomuchinformation file: I don't share hotel rooms- I snore BIG.

with such hoopla, i'd like to throw my hat into this ring as well!

is there any idea of headcount? i am thinking if there's a lot, then there's bound to be my speed in there somewhere....or a slow group intermixed...

already got "pre-conditioned authorization"(*"we'll see as it gets closer")...what ever that's worth.

so a soft, hand up for this trip

Blind :lol:

Has there been any decision on the date yet?

9-11th looks pretty solid......ran it past the gal-pal this weekend.....calendar is open......still need to firm up starting location (Kramer Junction vs. Barstow) , etc.....stay tuned....