Strega

Nov 14-16th, who's going where?

One thread for the weekend of Nov 14-16th, 2008.

• Maps:
Truckhaven - ** UPDATED WITH GOOGLE MAPS **
Superstition

• Attendees:
    * Truckhaven: Crawdaddy +1, Strega +1, Zenosan +1 and dogs, zracing +1, Christi +1, Erick + family, Fake Name, tlking6
    * Superstition: RSDWR
    * Ocotillo Wells: Schwinn/RP640
    * ??: KTMRad

• My SDAR Calendar Updated:
HERE

Anyone else want to join us??

While I'd like to go out to Truckhaven, I need to prerun and explore some trails out at Superstition, using GPS tracks from the D38 racing guys, to find new trails that are already BLM approved for the 2009 Desert Dash.

I plan on going at least one day, may make it an overnighter with my trailer. If anyone else goes, and they'll have people in camp during the day while we're out riding, then I can bring our Mascot......the Codemeister.

Or, perhaps go to Truckhaven, with a planned day ride to Superstition, exploring trails, then back to Truckhaven.

YOu guys at Truckhaven, do you know a bunch of trails there ?? I've never ridden the north side of S22 there.

Crawdaddy has a track from Truckhaven to Superstition and back, that I would like to ride. I'd be happy to do that with ya if you'd be up it. Lemme know.

Yeah, we'll see how it all pans out. I may decide to stay with you guys....and decide if it's worth riding all the way to SS, or save that for another weekend.

Where you guys are staying, can I get my 2WD F-150 with trailer in there ? Or you need 4WD ?

Where you guys are staying, can I get my 2WD F-150 with trailer in there ? Or you need 4WD ?

See this thread for a general map: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2542

We'll be camped between Cross Over Trail and Holly Rd. along the south side of S22.......last time I stayed there I turned in on Holly Rd. then veered hard right back over towards Cut Across......you oughta be able to see my rig from S22 (might even be able to turn in at Cut Across.....I don't remember).....regardless, no need to go waaaay back in on Holly Rd. as the BBTR club did last year (SO IGNORE THE MAP IN THAT REGARD.....NOT CAMPING THAT FAR BACK).....it's predominately hard pack near S22 with a few covered patio tables.....sorta like the set up near Blowsand.....no need for 4WD.....

I'll be going to Truckhaven too. And maybe go down to Superstition from there. I am sort of winging it! Looks like I will be alone or with one of my girlfriends. Probably gonna be at Crawdaddys camp at 9am Saturday or so. Then maybe stay the night or just come back the next day (I need my morning shower). I really want to check out the phone booth and Honda monument because I have never ridden in the area. Maybe the next day I can go to Supersition and visit with RSDWR and family. I'll bring my KTM so I'll be street legal.

Same group as original post as far as I know. Ericks "definite maybe" will be updated shortly.

Thx for the "one thread" idea.....

Outstanding! Looking forward to meeting everyone. You pick it and we'll find you about 9 Sat AM. Grey Tundra 4 door & Grey 18' toybox. Four smiles. :lol:

We'll be in a 30' Aerolite with a burgundy F150 nearby along with:

WR400

YZ250

TTR125

PW50

800IMG_0131.JPG

Truckhaven it is!! I want to come on out and meet some more of the crew. My wife and I will be out there Sat afternoon. We won't make the 9am Crawdaddy camp meeting but would like to stop by later in the afternoon maybe noon or 1pm ??? :lol: I can lead over to the phone booth if anyone isn't sure of the route. We both have small tanks so local loops will be the call for us. Hope to see some of you soon!

Todd

A bunch of random threads about who's going where....Ocotillo Wells, Superstition, etc...

Thought I would start 1 thread for this weekend, so maybe we can all get on the same page so we can meet up with people not camping at the same place.

Crawdaddy and Family, Myself and Jenny, and I believe Zenosan will be at Truckhaven.

Schwinn/RP640 out at Ocotillo Wells with North County Yamaha

RSDWR/Erick at Superstition, just West of the big right hand turn 5 mi down Wheeler - MAP

Christi at Truckhaven Saturday morning.

KTMRad possibly at Truckhaven or Superstition

Roger

My wife Tisha, two dogs and I are confirmed for Truckhaven. Should be leaving Escondido by 7 am. I will try to make it there by around 9 am. We have an older Jamee motor home and Toyota truck pulling a trailer with the toys.

Don

Anyone else?

UNNOFICIAL SDAR CALENDAR UPDATED

HERE

Last call, well almost last call anyway for Gorman this weekend. I'm heading up Thursday night and will be there all weekend. Clear skys and cool temps are the forcast!

I am pretty sure I am coming out there, I want to ride some of those narrow canyons, I have seen on dream rides :D maybe eat at the NYC cookout

First post updated, looks like Erick will be joining us at Truckhaven.

RSDWR you up for Truckhaven?

We'll be at SS. Everyone is welcome to stop by. Close to Strega's map location. Grey Tundra & Grey Toybox.

I will be with my family and some friends at OW. Our spot is north of 78 off Cahiulla Trail about a mile from the highway and Blu In. 24 foot Tahoe Transport toy hauler w/white F350 crew cab. Friday evening thru Sunday if good weather prevails.

I will be camping with the NCY group. White 4 door f 350, 38 ft 5th wheel-Holiday Rambler next level. It has a giant SDAR sticker on back and a hellbound steel motorcycle club sticker. Come by and say HI !

I will be camping with the NCY group. White 4 door f 350, 38 ft 5th wheel-Holiday Rambler next level. It has a giant SDAR sticker on back and a hellbound steel motorcycle club sticker. Come by and say HI !

Approx loc of the NCY group?

East of the airport, Wolfwell rd on the right hand side before holmes camp. I will be there early friday to sunday weather permitting.

East of the airport, Wolfwell rd on the right hand side before holmes camp. I will be there early friday to sunday weather permitting.

+33° 8' 49.38", -116° 6' 29.03" probably 300 or so yards north of that mark...

that's where I normally setup camp at OW...

So my Gorman plans have fallen through so I am thinking about hitting the Truckhaven area but I'm getting pushback from my honey saying that its going to be too windy out in the Dez this weekend. I've looked at all my normal sites, from Borrago to Brawley, and dont see anything saying wind but she has a long track record of being right on this stuff. Anybody else have a prediction?

So my Gorman plans have fallen through so I am thinking about hitting the Truckhaven area but I'm getting pushback from my honey saying that its going to be too windy out in the Dez this weekend. I've looked at all my normal sites, from Borrago to Brawley, and dont see anything saying wind but she has a long track record of being right on this stuff. Anybody else have a prediction?

The forecast is calling for, basically, dead calm. 4mph winds. I have a feeling it'll be blowing in the mountains on the way back though.

Saturday Ocotillo Wells Forecast

If you ask me, it'll be fine. Don't hold me to that though. The desert weather has a way of turning south on a dime.

Looks like there may be some wind Friday night (gusts to 30 mph :) ), but the forecast for Sat/Sun is only calling for light winds......and we'll WANT light winds to remove the dust cloud/alleviate some of the heat.....

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findwe...rchType=WEATHER

Okay, so turn in on Holly road and park somewhere eh? I'll be in a older biege class C Fleetwood Jamboree with a Quad and my KTM.

Looking forward to riding with you guys so I can finally check out the posts in the secret Members only forum!!!

How will I regognize your Camp Crawdaddy?

(I still have to go home and sell the misses)