Good luck on the ride guys, Take some pictures for us keyboard riders. Jon feel free to ride that bike like it was created to be ridden. :o Be safe and we expected a ride report Sunday night! :o

Yes, have a fun time. I will be there in spirit with you. :o Especially since I am too slow to be there in person. :o

Please no more comments in this topic about the H man......the problem is resolved, there will be no more need to delete and edit people's posts since the root of the problem will be gone.

Thanks......if you want to comment, take it to the Members Only Forums please.

Well did they make it to El Centro yet? Inquiring minds want to know. B)

Yep.......Ken, Jon and & Wayne just finished dinner in El Centro and they're settling back now with a few cold "B's"........Ken said they clocked about 160 miles today......no major incidents to report but apparently they did all stack it up early in Otay Mesa trying to take a short cut that wound up being a bit steeper than anticipated B) ......short day tomorrow then a long pull back on Sunday......

Any updates yet? No injuries this time I hope. Did they get back and how was the wind? :blink:

So- Any chance of redux-ing the redux before the weather gets too hot?

So- Any chance of redux-ing the redux before the weather gets too hot?

If we could find a route that is not too sandy I would be up for doing this on my 990. Camping along the way.

steve

I am not sure Pastapilot thinks he has the correct tool for a 500 mile weekend. I think if he gears up and balances his tires he should be ok. I am still going to try to do death valley in the next few weeks before it gets too hot, so I don't know if I will be up for another beach to river run soon, will have to see.

I haven't heard from Wayne since we got back from the last one, hope he is still out there and riding.

Steve, you wouldn't want to take the same route we did with a 990, but most of it would be doable, and I am sure you could bypass some of the deep sand areas. B) Ken

alex has been asking me to truck out to gordons well and run the last leg from the dunes to the river and back as a day trip if anyone is interested in doing that with us in a few weeks let me know. Not really any way to do a desert ride without sand though.

fakey let me know if you interested, we can easily do it in a day and the last leg is the most interesting and scenic.

Just curious, if the sand on this ride is worse than either of the days on the Desert Dash ?

there are some washes coming back from picacho that are real deep and twisty and narrow so you can't get much speed in them and you know how turning gets in that situation. Lots of arm work.

Just curious, if the sand on this ride is worse than either of the days on the Desert Dash ?

Cutting through the Imperial Sand Dunes was tough (but fun) for me, not riding dunes before. I still cant tell if the sand is going to be well packed or if I will sink up to my front axle.

Cutting through the Imperial Sand Dunes was tough (but fun) for me, not riding dunes before. I still cant tell if the sand is going to be well packed or if I will sink up to my front axle.

Leave it to me to be able to sink and stick a sand rail out there (back in the 80s). ;)

I'd love to go again. Maybe late March? Although like Joliet said I don't think I have the tool for the job. I'd need to figure out how to get a 90 mile range on my bike. I'll have to make a few rides and hopefully I can make it happen. I'll also be switching to a new schedule this month and might not have any weekends off for awhile.

Spaugh mentioned trucking out somewhere and riding. I'd love to truck out to and ride the areas East of Imperial sand dunes. It was a beautiful area and lots of trails. Maybe spend a couple days exploring.

Jon

" couple days " " exploring" I am hearing tents and gas cans, or all salliefied with rv's and stuff?

I'd love to go again. Maybe late March? Although like Joliet said I don't think I have the tool for the job. I'd need to figure out how to get a 90 mile range on my bike. I'll have to make a few rides and hopefully I can make it happen. I'll also be switching to a new schedule this month and might not have any weekends off for awhile.

Jon

How about on tuesdays and wednesdays?

So, was it worse than either of the days on the Desert Dash ??

The DD has plenty of tight sand washes with deep sand, I'm just trying to compare.......but nobody has really answered my question.

I've already ridden sand dunes fully loaded on my 950 and Elefant, passing thru Glamis.

i didn't do the desert dash, but it isn't bad as long as you don't mind sand. There are a few rocky sections maybe comparable to squeeze and the stuff between squeeze and dropoff when you go by the american girl mine. Other than a couple rock sections and about 10 miles of deep sand wash, its all haul ass beautiful stuff. Not very difficult at all.

I have promised Alex to go out there and ride from gordons well to the river and back, anyone else wanna go, maybe on the 21st?