Zubb

Resistance was futile...

OK ok ok already.  I'll give it a go.  

I don't know if the 1250 GS is pouting, or just relieved.  Maybe a little of both.  But I put a splash of orange in the garage.

Like a salmon swimming upstream to it's first home, a certain members KTM returned to La Mesa and took refuge in my garage. Am looking forward to exploring desert and single track with a more appropriate machine.  Am looking forward to getting familiar with this thing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

IMG_1214.thumb.jpeg.71ea269406a5c2050e890dc411ff23b1.jpeg
IMG_1220.thumb.jpeg.bed060354472b86d60049674dbea3318.jpeg

• Like 6

We need to do a 2'fer Tuesday soon

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Zubb,

Your surfing skills will serve you well.  Enjoy the drop.

• Like 1

Yehhh !

• Like 1

Congrats! Great rally/desert bike!

Mousse or tube?

Tube's I believe.  I haven't looked inside those tires yet, LOL!

I hope to take it to AZ this weekend for a few days of squirreling around.  Will then jump on the 1250 for a week of AZ/UT BDR camping.

Geeze, 2 bikes in the truck.... I'm starting to look like @MacDuncan

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zubb said:

Tube's I believe.  I haven't looked inside those tires yet, LOL!

I hope to take it to AZ this weekend for a few days of squirreling around.  Will then jump on the 1250 for a week of AZ/UT BDR camping.

Geeze, 2 bikes in the truck.... I'm starting to look like @MacDuncan

No need to look inside - does it have a thingy to put air? Yes: tubes, no: mousse 😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, padu said:

No need to look inside - does it have a thingy to put air? Yes: tubes, no: mousse 😁

Two thingies to put in air?  Tubliss! 

Well there’s 3 but only 1 takes air.  If we added a couple more rim locks there probably wouldn’t be need for air, or mousse!

Kidding aside now, 13lbs each front and rear w 2 rim locks per wheel. 
This thing is a hoot. 

Posted (edited)

Well I just fixed a broken subframe mount on my 690, not bad for 17k miles of tomfoolery (no offense Tom), and the unlit tail light is now no longer ticket-worthy. I may be in for a Black Mountain, etc shakedown run this weekend if i can get the bike buttoned up before then. Just make sure to wait for me on my big flabby 690 lol. I started dirt riding on big ADV bikes a few years ago, then went what I thought was skinny with the 690, now everyone I ride with is showing up to dirt with trailered 500's or smaller, may need to go for a 450RL, or 500ish skinny one of these days, I just can't seem to want to let go of the 690 as it's road manners are too fun. 

Edited by shutterrev
  • Like 2

About 18 of us leave Globe this morning on the AZBDR for 6 days. There’s every kind of bike present from 450 RL, to 660, 690, 901 and 1250’s. We’ll split into 2 groups, a faster and a slower. We’ll see all sizes of bikes in both groups, proving once again it’s the Indian, not the arrow. 

We had a coaching  ride day yesterday on part of the BDR for some to play with new skills from the weekend class. Spirits are high!

IMG_1496.thumb.jpeg.3822a8effb7b2a5ecbdf197af08be9c5.jpeg
IMG_1494.thumb.jpeg.656394478f0c2c31b27d2c3460cce7a8.jpeg

• Like 3

Man I need more PTO. I'm perpetually peanut butter and Jealous. 

Have a blast! 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 7:26 AM, shutterrev said:

Man I need more PTO. I'm perpetually peanut butter and Jealous. 

Have a blast! 

Cough cough, you're SICK and the only medicine is more Motorcycles! Take time off!

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 5:15 AM, Zubb said:

About 18 of us leave Globe this morning on the AZBDR for 6 days. There’s every kind of bike present from 450 RL, to 660, 690, 901 and 1250’s. We’ll split into 2 groups, a faster and a slower. We’ll see all sizes of bikes in both groups, proving once again it’s the Indian, not the arrow. 

We had a coaching  ride day yesterday on part of the BDR for some to play with new skills from the weekend class. Spirits are high!

IMG_1496.thumb.jpeg.3822a8effb7b2a5ecbdf197af08be9c5.jpeg
IMG_1494.thumb.jpeg.656394478f0c2c31b27d2c3460cce7a8.jpeg

Still looks pretty green out there. I found more water and trees on the AZBDR than I expected.

Watch the heat towards the rim. Young has a nice little deli (emphasis on little) but the sandwich was good and the people were friendly. Definitely grab food there.

The Mogollon Rim section through the forest was probably the most fun riding. The black sand in the Cinders was cool as well. Plenty of gates north of Winona.

It's a good ride and should be fast, enjoy!

• Like 2

I did all this before it even was the AZ BDR. 

DSC01867.JPG

DSC01889.JPG

DSC01904.JPG

DSC01908.thumb.JPG.0b5fc2982eb8e1762f0ca6f9a0f4ea59.JPG

DSC01916.JPG

DSC01918.JPG

• Like 3
  • Agree 1