Pokey151

Geico Adventure Rally Julian (Nov 2-4th)

Anyone doing it this year?  It's been awfully quiet around here.   

I had a lot of fun last year,  curious to see if there will be any poi changes and ratings changes.  I saw a few trails got pretty hammered from that hurricane that went through

https://www.advrally.com/julian/

• Like 1

I'll be there with my son and a couple of friends. Had a blast last year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moto_rph said:

I'll be there, along with @shutterrev, @Hawkins and @J5ive.  We're a bad assed team know as "The Farkle Ponies"

Solid team!   @Rjg967 and I are still dealing with the same people who won't commit yet.  They say they are in, but nothing yet lol

I could bring my Trail 90, Team Small CC’s! 

• Like 1

it's all fun.  We start with the best of intentions....then we forget to take the dang pics....then who cares about the postings, so forget the points.

But then it's cigars around the campfire and all is good :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, moto_rph said:

it's all fun.  We start with the best of intentions....then we forget to take the dang pics....then who cares about the postings, so forget the points.

But then it's cigars around the campfire and all is good :)

Exactly. Enjoy the ride and look forward to a beer and cigar in the evening. 

• Like 2

Yep, will be the 5th year going. I really really like this event. It blows the Get ON ADV fest out of the water, no comparison. Hopefully the addition of using this new app for the points doesn't harsh the vibes for the pro racers ;) but I'm sure it will be great anyway. 

Our first year it was me and two other friends i worked with, we had a blast, and collected a few people from the camps around us. A couple of those original collected new friends still show up when they can make it and stay in touch. Over the last 4 years folks have moved, etc, but always end up having a good time with whatever motly crew is present. 

This year have friends from back home in Oregon bringing their orange bikes down, and friends from here, we should have about 9 folks of various bikes and experience levels, well figure it out and have a good time gents! 

I've been silent on the motos front for a while, not a lot of riding for me in 2023, gosh the summer was hot and had a lot of random adultings to do - back now, and hoping for a ride packed winter :) 

- Nick 

Edited by shutterrev
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 11:34 AM, padu said:

I'm interested

@padu you and any of your other highly trained friends could probably give the current champion team a run for their money for sure 💪

16 minutes ago, shutterrev said:

@padu you and any of your other highly trained friends could probably give the current champion team a run for their money for sure 💪

Not so sure about that, the guys here are badass.

Anyway, I've committed for the Baja Enduro on Nov.4, so I wouldn't be able to make it. Good luck for all that will!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone needs to use it ill have a rabaconda, and bike lift/stand, static balancer over at FOB Farkle, I do have an adapter for those that hub mount rears like the bavarian beasts.

• Like 2

Pics from our 2023 AVD Rally

We tossed one photo up for points at Alamo in Salton, because it lined up that day with the bikes (but that was our total, 3 points), big group, too big to try to fuss points no worries. Good attitudes among riders and folks readily volunteering to help sweep made our second day's riding about the kind of day you want to keep in a bottle, so thanks for being excellent group supports and offering to chase @moto_rph and @Hawkins. @J5ive I wanted to give a shoutout, you did great on the XR650L, and that sand at the Grapevine entrance from banner was no joke! We had folks from Oregon (trailered), and Eric on the Honda CRF 300 L with the Giant loop bags rode that thing to the rally from north of Stockton CA, and wasn't really complaining about - how about that seat concepts advertisement? 

Anyhoo, good times, always look forward to this event, rides with friends during the day, stories and libations around a campfire at night, sounds good to me. 

- Nick 

Edited by shutterrev
  • Like 6

Here is a shot from @Hawkins Skydeo drone. Black mtn wasn't on the ADV rally map or book, but we had a big group, several not-local folks, and it was a big hit. 10 bikes to the top, and back down, varying bikes and experience levels, great group! Bikes: 901 Norden, Honda AT DCT AS, R1200GSA, 500exc, crf300l, 690er, 390 adv, xr650l, 690 rally, 701e. Rest of pics are here

vlcsnap-2023-11-06-14h36m54s398.thumb.jpg.b2684f7b5c7a9d55119abac438f9f5cb.jpg

Edited by shutterrev
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1

Sounds more like a SDAR rally!!

Great pics and sounds like it was a great event as always. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Twas a good time @Zubb but the SDAR Mountain Dash, Night ride, and various other SDAR things I've been to have also been a good time for sure - looking forward to the next ride. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1