I would like to invite you to join me on a leisurely ride through the Stagecoach area in two weeks on April 22. As it has been two months since my last ride, I will be taking it easy and maintaining a slow pace.

This is an invitation for dual sport bikes or mid-size enduro motorcycles to join. Please ensure that you carry water and have a license plate for your motorcycle. We will be exploring approximately 30-50 miles of desert view trails in the mountains, which will have an elevation of 4000 ft.

The ride will be at Level 2 for SDAR type rides, with some hills and uneven roads. If you are interested in joining me and other dual sport riders, we will be staging at the Jacumba Shell parking lot on Saturday for meet up at 8:30 am.

• Confused 1

Been wanting to see this part of the county and this ride sounds like exactly what I need. Would love to join if you think it would be in the fun box for me/my bike.

• Like 1

Sounds great . I think you guys will really enjoy yourselves on this one

I really wish I could go on this ride with you guys but my kid has a basketball game.

I've been on this trail for work often. Haven't seen it since the rains though. If you are lucky you might see some Bighorn Sheep, they love to hang out back there.

If you haven't seen it, you should ride out through Carrizo Creek Rd eastbound off of Carrizo Gorge Rd south of the Jacuba Shell. Carrizo Creek is about 3/4 of the way down Carrizo Gorge before you hit OHW80. On Carrizo Creek you'll pass by an old Bromo Seltzer add still painted on a boulder pile on what was the old stage coach road. This connects directly to the northbound access road that heads under the I-8. I'm sure Thumper knows about this and was planning to take you past it.

Bromo Seltzer

32.6310068, -116.1431798

The whole area is pretty rad. You guys are going to have fun.

Edited by Joemerica
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Joemerica said:

I really wish I could go on this ride with you guys but my kid has a basketball game.

I've been on this trail for work often. Haven't seen it since the rains though. If you are lucky you might see some Bighorn Sheep, they love to hang out back there.

If you haven't seen it, you should ride out through Carrizo Creek Rd eastbound off of Carrizo Gorge Rd south of the Jacuba Shell. Carrizo Creek is about 3/4 of the way down Carrizo Gorge before you hit OHW80. On Carrizo Creek you'll pass by an old Bromo Seltzer add still painted on a boulder pile on what was the old stage coach road. This connects directly to the northbound access road that heads under the I-8. I'm sure Thumper knows about this and was planning to take you past it.

Bromo Seltzer

32.6310068, -116.1431798

The whole area is pretty rad. You guys are going to have fun.

We need more Air Cooled bikes represented out there, hope you can make a @350thumper ride soon!

• Like 2

My weedeater has me feeling really beat but I think I am going to make it.  They are selling Mexican food at the Desert View Tower on Saturday, I might have to stop for lunch.

341693480_175283835417976_7490564797485760474_n.jpg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, cj54x said:

My weedeater has me feeling really beat but I think I am going to make it.  They are selling Mexican food at the Desert View Tower on Saturday, I might have to stop for lunch.

341693480_175283835417976_7490564797485760474_n.jpg

Hey that’s pretty cool thanks for sharing!

@bfar33 did you see this ^^

Doesn’t @J5ive owe @350thumper tacos or something too?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey thanks Ken  for the input.

That's sounds like a nice burrito goal  😋

See you guys at the staging area.

KSU 8:45 ish

It would be nice to see Five on his new XR 650L sometime soon. I think It's my turn to buy. 

• Like 1

Dang! I was thinking of driving wife and dog to borrego tomorrow anyway.  If I can talk Barb into it (the dog has already said yes) I'll hit the tower at around 11 or 12 for tacos.

Thanks for sharing!

On 4/21/2023 at 10:13 AM, Zubb said:

Dang! I was thinking of driving wife and dog to borrego tomorrow anyway.  If I can talk Barb into it (the dog has already said yes) 

Sounds like a cry for help.. 

• Haha 1

Instead, I did a bunch of cityfolk stuff with my wife.Well, I never made it to Borrego Springs. I was offered another solution to the reason for going it wouldn’t cost me 150 miles of diesel fuel. Instead, I did a bunch of cityfolk stuff with my wife.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sweet .. I'm glad you had fun. 

All I did was ride around the Backcountry with some buddies Up in the hills of the desert. Made some friends and then came home and had my ol' lady check me for ticks.

After a clean once over I put up my above ground pool and then BBQ some tri tip with family .

Sounds like we both had a good weekend. 

Had a great time, thanks for organizing the ride 350thumper! Fun trails and beautiful views, couldn't ask for more.

image.thumb.png.cf70bff1bb2870d336a4bcf4afbcc8b5.png

• Like 6

20230422_095116.thumb.jpg.4838652d3c7cfff501c540b793d474c2.jpg

Tom making it look easy..

20230422_100020.thumb.jpg.18cb37fba884fa65110f136f96fd2a1b.jpg

More mischief.

20230422_095105.thumb.jpg.9f0a42769270170486be4a6c92ad9dc2.jpg

Old timer showing us the biz. Right after this shot , ride upgraded to level 3 😁 .

• Like 4

I Had a good time out there.  It was really good to meet you 4 and ride those rough roads. I'm excited to get back out there and see some more of the area soon.

20230422_100736.jpg

20230422_102117.jpg

Screenshot_20230424-132143_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

This was a great ride!  I would like to spend a weekend camping out there some time

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Looks like you guys had a great ride. 

Did you take the northern route that loops back south to the water troughs or the southern route? What about the ride home, I-8 or dirt?

Believe we did the part you're talking about past the water troughs CCW.

Edited by bfar33
gonna need a new map
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, bfar33 said:

Believe we did the part you're talking about past the water troughs CCW.

image.thumb.png.ac5e73c28267c5367560650c6711c82b.png

Awesome.  You guys went north and west of Table Top as well. That area is pretty cool. 

North end of McCain Valley Road there is a little known campground called Cottonwood. Before the rain there is a passable single track near there down to the valley and S2. I've never been down but I'm curious. Likely beyond my riding abilities. That camp ground would be fun for an SDAR meet/camp. Almost no one goes back that far.  Ton of single track around McCain.

• Like 1

I know a few people who tried getting from McCain across to S2 unsuccessfully. And I know zero people who made it across. 

On 4/26/2023 at 7:35 PM, Joemerica said:

North end of McCain Valley Road there is a little known campground called Cottonwood. Before the rain there is a passable single track near there down to the valley and S2. I've never been down but I'm curious. Likely beyond my riding abilities. That camp ground would be fun for an SDAR meet/camp. Almost no one goes back that far.  Ton of single track around McCain.

I've been exploring McCain Valley (I recently discovered it's existence) in my truck. I think I may head over there on Sunday 5/13.