Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tntmo

Las Vegas ideas ?

Recommended Posts

My buddy is going to Vegas for the first time in his life, he doesn’t get out much and probably hasn’t done many road trips.  He invited me along, I was probably not his first choice but whatever!  It will be mid August.

There is some nerd convention thing he is going for, it’s the first night.  Then we are staying an additional day, leaving on the morning of the third day.

 Where are your favorite places to stop on the drive up there?  I usually do Baker for the giant thermometer, Primm for the roller coaster.  
What about things you like to do besides gambling?  I suggested the Mob Museum to him, he’s excited about that.  We’re staying near Fremont Street so that’s covered.  He probably wants a picture with the Vegas sign.  
Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Ride down to Hoover Dam,, and cry

I suggested that but I don’t think he’s interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Go to a Celine Deon show. 

I will tease him about that, he has very particular musical preferences and I’m certain that she isn’t on his favorites list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lived there for 1.5 years .....

NY NY roller coaster, plus other new ones that were added at other casinos.

Paris casino and the Venetian, just for sh#ts and giggles.

Aquarium at Mandalay Bay, very cool.

Pirate Show at Treasure Island. 

Fountain show outside at the Bellagio.

Light show in old Las Vegas on Fremont Street, very cool.

If there rides are still open on top of the Stratosphere, they're well worth doing....mega rush !

Of course, there are abundant titty bars, etc.😆

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KTMrad said:

I lived there for 1.5 years .....

NY NY roller coaster, plus other new ones that were added at other casinos.

Paris casino and the Venetian, just for sh#ts and giggles.

Aquarium at Mandalay Bay, very cool.

Pirate Show at Treasure Island. 

Fountain show outside at the Bellagio.

Light show in old Las Vegas on Fremont Street, very cool.

If there rides are still open on top of the Stratosphere, they're well worth doing....mega rush !

Of course, there are abundant titty bars, etc.😆

 

 

 

Thanks, those were some of things I was considering.  I don't think he's the "gentleman's club" kind of guy but you just never know.

I just looked up Stratosphere online, it appears they are still open for thrill rides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit up Speed Vegas and go jump a Trophy Truck or lap a supercar. A little spendy, and I've not done it, but it's worth a look.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluhdow said:

Hit up Speed Vegas and go jump a Trophy Truck or lap a supercar. A little spendy, and I've not done it, but it's worth a look.

That sounds like something that I would do, but my friend is not into anything vehicle related.  I have heard there is a place to drive bulldozers and excavators and such out there as well.  Vegas has everything!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the vegas neon sign graveyard. Not sure what its called but all the old signage is there to walk around.

50 years + of history 

You can also go the place where you get to dump a full mag of ammo out of an machine gun if your into that kind of stuff.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, DSM8 said:

Do the vegas neon sign graveyard. Not sure what its called but all the old signage is there to walk around.

50 years + of history 

You can also go the place where you get to dump a full mag of ammo out of an machine gun if your into that kind of stuff.

 

I like the neon graveyard idea.  Also the machine gun thing, but it’s probably $100 for 2 minutes of fun…like getting a lady of the night.  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tntmo said:

2 minutes of fun…like getting a lady of the night.  😂

Sounds like a personal problem

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out the Nation Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas. It’s just off the strip and has all the history about the nuclear bomb testing site that was about 60 miles north of town. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×