Oracle

Lost dog in Ocotillo Wells, $10,000 reward. Please read

Post updated to reflect a 1000 dollar reward. Someone fat fingered an extra zero in there apparently.

A Shiba Inu has been lost on the North end Of Ocotillo Wells SVRA near Tectonic Gorge

Here are the last coordinates where we saw him last: 33.267090,-116.037684

The Facebook post has been updated and looks like the dog has been found and returned to the family. Good news

10,000....wow....must be a rich owner!

Not necessarily a wealthy owner. Sometimes we care very deeply for our pets. Case in point:

A couple years back my dog had a problem, some severe swelling on her neck. Wife was out of state so I went to the vet alone. Initial prognosis was a bite (snake or spider). I was asked the cost limit. I fumbled but said, "None. There's no limit. Please proceed with whatever you can do." And I sat there and worried.

Turned out to be a weed sticker(?) that she'd swallowed had exited through her throat. Ugly but not too dangerous (or expensive). It still cost more than my first 3 cars combined! But I truly considered a $10k vet bill.

I sure hope the owner and dog are reunited.

10,000....wow....must be a rich owner!

Not necessarily a wealthy owner. Sometimes we care very deeply for our pets. Case in point:

A couple years back my dog had a problem, some severe swelling on her neck. Wife was out of state so I went to the vet alone. Initial prognosis was a bite (snake or spider). I was asked the cost limit. I fumbled but said, "None. There's no limit. Please proceed with whatever you can do." And I sat there and worried.

Turned out to be a weed sticker(?) that she'd swallowed had exited through her throat. Ugly but not too dangerous (or expensive). It still cost more than my first 3 cars combined! But I truly considered a $10k vet bill.

I sure hope the owner and dog are reunited.

You are more wealthy than I'll ever be. I love my cat, and she is the only family I have....but I can't afford to dump money on her if she disappears or gets sick. I just don't have it.

But you'd sell your bike for a vet bill, right?

I guess that's the point I'm making, I'd give up a lot for my dog.

And I'm pleased to see he did get his dog back safely. :)

DirtDame You are more wealthy than I'll ever be. I love my cat, and she is the only family I have....but I can't afford to dump money on her if she disappears or gets sick. I just don't have it.

I'd go into debt to pay for a vet bill if I knew it would save my dog.

When I read that the guy raised the reward to $10,000, I thought, now there's someone who really cares about their pet !

I think many people, if they found his dog, would not even want the reward.

Post updated to reflect a 1000 dollar reward. Someone fat fingered an extra zero in there apparently.

A Shiba Inu has been lost on the North end Of Ocotillo Wells SVRA near Tectonic Gor

It is, er was, $10,000. You didn't read far enough.

Before I even posted this thread I did a little internet research on the guy that posted the reward. I believe he has the means to pay up.

I see my dogs as family also. In fact better than some of my family!

As a side note. One of my friends grew up on a farm in KS. In his family dogs were not pets they were just part of the animals. They would no more bring a dog into the house than a cow.

Maybe it was just a family thing but he led me to believe it was more of a farmer outlook towards animals.

I guess my point to this post is that I agree that human emotions towards dogs run the whole spectrum. There are probably some people that would sell their house for the health of their dog/cat. Maybe.

DD

I grew up on a farm and have the same mentality as your friend. My wife thinks differently. Needless to say, we don't see eye to eye on the dogs and I have a difficult time understanding people who are willing to sacrifice so much for their animals....but that is their choice to make so it doesn't bother me much.

Family means many different things, to different people. Maybe the dog owner was unable to conceive a child and hence the dogs were like children? I know some people that wouldn't cross into mexico to rescue a family member, whereas some of us on SDAR would go on a rescue mission, in a heartbeat, for a complete stranger (not family).