Goofy Footer

Tell me what you know about the Full Size Bronco

In the continued, slow search for a potential adventure / baja surf / joe-hauler moto vehicle, my mind has temporarily drifted towards the Ford Bronco (full size).

I used to have a Land Cruiser and it was a sick rig, 4x4 capable, beefed to the gills, easy to sleep/camp in and could haul motos. I called on a super clean low mileage all original 1990 Bronco off CL the other day but it had just sold.

Does anybody have experience with the Bronco?

1990_Ford_Bronco_Front.jpg

1. A very safe vehicle

2. Does it come with the 302, 351, or 360 motor? If it has the 351 motor grab it rare

Will haul small trailer, with any of the motors above. If that is the pic of the truck buy it, that is very clean.

3.As a off-road vehicle it is fine, for jeep roads, but it is wide and bulky for the serious stuff.

For a very safe and nice riding truck that will get you off-road I would buy it. How many miles are on it? Lot of aftermarket stuff available for the truck too

Ford is coming out with the Bronco again this year again!

I owned two of them. The 1st one was an '86 and the 2nd one was a '91 Silver Anniversary Addition...all the bells and whistles back in the day. Loved 'em both. Took me and the family everywhere we needed to go. Used a Joe Hauler on 'em and towed a small trailer behind 'em. Wide for some trails and not built for rock crawling without some mods. Cool history behind 'em and as stated above, Ford may be coming out with one again.

I got bought a new Eddie Bauer Bronco in 1992 it's still one of my most favorite cars I've owned. When my son got his license I bought him a used one and he still has it. Not the most economical cars on the road but fun and lots of room.

CiD

Legendary vehicles. Arguably one of the best 4x4s ever made. Early broncos are appreciating exponentially. The later models are holding and some rare gems are going up in value. After binging on "Longmire" I started searching for one. I was amazed at the prices for good condition ones, $8-9k. Comparable F150s were half that or less.

Legendary vehicles. Arguably one of the best 4x4s ever made. Early broncos are appreciating exponentially. The later models are holding and some rare gems are going up in value. After binging on "Longmire" I started searching for one. I was amazed at the prices for good condition ones, $8-9k. Comparable F150s were half that or less.

I totally agree the Broncos are awesome, I think a better package would be a 98 or 99 f150 4x4 with 5.4 v8 and a shell over bed

I'm also debating creating a moto van or truck setup with either a dodge 12v Cummins and shell. Or a converted handicap van

I totally agree the Broncos are awesome, I think a better package would be a 98 or 99 f150 4x4 with 5.4 v8 and a shell over bed

I'm also debating creating a moto van or truck setup with either a dodge 12v Cummins and shell. Or a converted handicap van

Moto Van!!! In my future.

Can't hold a candle to a comparable Land Cruiser, but decent for a domestic.

Can't hold a candle to a comparable Land Cruiser, but decent for a domestic.

....and the argument begins.

Moto Van!!! In my future.

I've owned a pickup before and been in my moto-van E150 for 5 years. I won't own a pick-em-up truck again. The pros far outweigh the cons.

The 80 series land cruiser came with solid axles, electronic front, rear and center locking differentials and is universally praised as being ridiculously overbuilt. It is the gold standard for rtw vehicles and has been used on every continent as an expeditionary vehicle.

The bronco...you're lucky if you can still find one on the road. I'm not talking the gen 1 bronco, I'm talking about the ojmobile.

Look I'm not going to argue with you. They're both top notch vehicles. Ford's more efficient and smaller Explorer outsold the late model Bronco almost 10:1. That's why it was cut and why you don't see many. However, I did see a really nice one just a few weeks ago.

Bring On Longmire,,, Just finishing first book is the Craig Johnson series. Vic is even More abusive on the page!

Look I'm not going to argue with you. They're both top notch vehicles. Ford's more efficient and smaller Explorer outsold the late model Bronco almost 10:1. That's why it was cut and why you don't see many. However, I did see a really nice one just a few weeks ago.

no one is arguing. What I stated was a simple fact.