Had the good fortune to tag along with Crawdaddy aka: Crawdaddy and The Oracle aka: LB for an epic day in the Dez. The weather and soil conditions could not have been better! In fact, one of the riders in the group was quoted as saying, "I think these are the BEST conditions I have ever ridden in out here!" Now, that is saying sumpin...

Crawdad and LB at the top of Heart Attack Hill

IMG_1120_zpsadky2ceh.jpg

The eye of the beast :bigeyed:

IMG_1121_zps6lqtds8n.jpg

LB attacking the downhill :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_1122_zpspwaqxxd7.jpg

Taking a break in Fish Creek

IMG_1123_zpsy6c18gyx.jpg

IMG_1124_zpsilzcsant.jpg

We ran across something very interesting in Sandstone Canyon...what the heck is it?

IMG_1125_zpsmjrcfeqn.jpg

IMG_1126_zpsskytct6x.jpg

It's LB taking some pictures! :lmaosmiley:

IMG_1127_zpshewyxkg3.jpg

Crawdad and LB in Sandstone Canyon

IMG_1128_zpsoevlngpk.jpg

IMG_1129_zpsv9au9ah1.jpg

IMG_1130_zpsqrcxq7zw.jpg

At the top of Diablo Drop-off

IMG_1131_zpsbiwq9kah.jpg

IMG_1132_zpsosn3sh65.jpg

Crawdad at the base of "The Great Wall of Borrego"

IMG_1133_zpsngnmxt4f.jpg

IMG_1134_zpszhmdqpyl.jpg

One of Crawdad's favorite break spots :drinks:

IMG_1135_zpseyvnhjey.jpg

IMG_1136_zpshzvgucst.jpg

LB at the top of Slot Canyon pondering our next move down "The Slot"

IMG_1138_zpsnts0ojp8.jpg

IMG_1139_zpsgcloyzdb.jpg

What does it mean when you get home and your skid plate and fork guards are covered in loamy, sandy crud?

IMG_1141_zpsq0epw4ta.jpg

IMG_1142_zpsj5aevkhm.jpg

It means you had one really bitchin', epic ride! Thanks guys...had a blast! :thumbsup_anim::dance2:

Dressed4Loam

Great pics! It's always so much better when you're the one making the first set of tracks in epic riding conditions!

Thanks for posting Chris..........wish we were out there again today.......truly E P I C conditions yesterday.......

I expected more folks to be at the Pinyon Trail head yesterday morning.......none.....zilch.......zero........AWESOME!

" I expected more folks to be at the Pinyon Trail head yesterday morning.......none.....zilch.......zero. "

Well, the desert was Flooded according to Facebook. People are not stupid!

Nice Report Dressed4Loam

" I expected more folks to be at the Pinyon Trail head yesterday morning.......none.....zilch.......zero. "

Well, the desert was Flooded according to Facebook. People are not stupid!

Nice Report Dressed4Loam

I'm very appreciative of that misinformation campaign

It was a great day! I had a blast and woke up wanting to ride today instead of going to work.

Dressforless making his first pass down the infamous Heart Attach hill. Things were going well....

post-15155-0-13106400-1452563825_thumb.j

Until (sorry bro, had to post it...this is SDAR afterall)...

post-15155-0-81010600-1452563934_thumb.j

We all survived and carried on eastward...

post-15155-0-05561700-1452563985_thumb.j

Chris and Chris taking cover...

post-15155-0-24991000-1452564094_thumb.j

Chris pointing out a UFO landing full of beer and naked girls to Chris

post-15155-0-46284800-1452564026_thumb.j

The three amigos living life to the fullest...

post-15155-0-84251300-1452564175_thumb.j

BTW, here is the picture I took when I was laying on my back and you guys were laughing at me...Hey, I was trying to think outside the box...

post-15155-0-96022200-1452564893_thumb.j

"Until (sorry bro, had to post it...this is SDAR afterall)..."

HA! All part of the adventure...my bad for tapping on the front brake...shoulda' just let the rear "ski" down...

HeartAttack4Less

:) I've planted a couple times on HA Hill when using what seemed like not that much front brake.

The decomposed granite marbles on top of the hard rock underneath are really slippy. I've watch a number of people fall on their butts just walking down too.

Looks like an awesome time in the desert.

What saddle bags are you guys using? I want to get ones big enough for tubes and tools but not too big to get in the way.

I use wolfman day trippers which as model says are perfect for everything you described for a day trip. Looks like crawdaddy is using giantloop mojavi and other 2 guys in pics looks like using little bigger wolfman either e10 or e12

BTW, here is the picture I took when I was laying on my back and you guys were laughing at me...Hey, I was trying to think outside the box...

20160110_093008.jpg

As an expert in photography, I observe your intentions here as those of an infant's first glimpse of the world.

Your mother- she was an avid camper, no?

I use wolfman day trippers which as model says are perfect for everything you described for a day trip. Looks like crawdaddy is using giantloop mojavi and other 2 guys in pics looks like using little bigger wolfman either e10 or e12

Correct on the saddle bags BP...Wolfman Daytrippers handle two tubes, slime electric pump, spoons and trail tools. Snacks, water, first-aid, poncho, space blanket, head lamp, pocket knife, whistle, etc. go in the Ogio Flight Vest.

Correct on the saddle bags BP...Wolfman Daytrippers handle two tubes, slime electric pump, spoons and trail tools. Snacks, water, first-aid, poncho, space blanket, head lamp, pocket knife, whistle, etc. go in the Ogio Flight Vest.

Ok, thanks I'll check out the Wolfman Daytrippers. Is there anywhere in town that sells them?

Ok, thanks I'll check out the Wolfman Daytrippers. Is there anywhere in town that sells them?

EC KTM -

The Enduro Shop...

Call (866) 999-6269 or email

I got my day tripper bags from the enduro shop and they give an sdar discount as well

I'm running the Wolfman E12. Solid setup for sure. Bigger than the Daytripper but they have cinch straps on them.