There is a meteor shower next weekend so I'm planning on doing a ride and camp Sunday night. It's supposed to be one of the best shows in awhile and no moon plus the best time is between 7 to 11 Sunday night so it should be fun.

http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/meteor-shower/geminids.html

My plan is to ride out Sunday afternoon and set up camp in upper Fish Creek then drink a few beverages and enjoy the show. Then ride home Monday morning around 9ish.

Let me know if your interested.

CiD

Lurking. What bike you plan on riding?

There is a District 38 race at Superstition near poleline. I was planning on attending...

I'll keep lookin' up...

Sounds like a good time will be had. The Mistress and I will be Prescott/Sedona on a street bike ride otherwise I would be in on this....

This is still on, let me know if anyone else is planning on it. Im OK with just me and my cameras and beer.

CiD

Move it to Saturday and I'm in! Cant do Sunday.

Very cool plan, have a great time. Let's see those pics. Can't ride right now (broken thumb) but I might head out near Borrego springs on 4 wheels to watch the show. Thanks for posting.

This is still on, let me know if anyone else is planning on it. Im OK with just me and my cameras and beer.

CiD

You'll need one of these:

Gitzo-GT2530-6x-Carbon-Fiber-Tripod-Legs

I'm probably in but I'll be on 4 wheels instead of 2. My bike is down with a broken rear hub so I'll take the prerunner instead. If anyone needs anything hauled out there give me a shout. I'd be glad to haul a full size cooler. We can have a fire in the park but we need a metal container correct?

CiD

You'll need one of these:Gitzo-GT2530-6x-Carbon-Fiber-Tripod-Legs

What , a three pod?

Bummer, I'm out. Wife out of town and my kids are still too young to lock inside the house and leave for the night.

Bummer, I'm out. Wife out of town and my kids are still too young to lock inside the house and leave for the night.

Bring 'em out with you... :coolio:

Bring 'em out with you... :coolio:

Or better, yet, I could drop them off at your house for the night... :bye:

Thanks for the heads up, took the kids out on impulse we camped in fish creek also and had a great time spotting the mind boggling meteors. Have fun tonight