Wierdrider

Pray for him, he drives Hwy 94

So I ride this afternoon at Otay. I wanted to go East at Dog House Junction, which I did. I was sooo slow, I wasn't feeing it today out there by myself on the loose gravel. Better safe than sorry. It was beautiful! So I meander my way to Marron Valley Rd. and stop at 94 to get a drink of water and this girl walks by and asked me about my bike, she rides a DRZ 400. I tell her about the club, and she tells me she is friends with Randy on Facebook. Small world I thought. So I ride East, before I get to Barret I notice a bike going slow up the hill. Thought he was having problems, then I realize he is turning around to run the hill again. As I start coming back up the same hill I see someone had crashed coming down the hill before the big sweeper. It wasn't the same guy but he was there checking out to see if he could help. I stopped and this is what I saw. Poor Triumph! The guy was coherent, his friend and someone else who witnessed the accident were with him. His friend said he probably broke an arm. Could have been a whole lot worse.

post-15899-0-82397600-1436760689_thumb.j

post-15899-0-05850200-1436760722_thumb.j

post-15899-0-88473000-1436762870_thumb.j

post-15899-0-01896200-1436762915_thumb.j

post-15899-0-71194600-1436762936_thumb.j

post-15899-0-89251900-1436762957_thumb.j

Looks at those forks!

keep it on the track, the armco of 94 is rather unforgiving. glad the guy wasn't cut in 2 from the armco.

Triumphs are tough.

That should buff right out...

Going east, that is a wide left turn before you make the sweeper down to the right...pretty easy turn, but some pucker factor if you are a newb on a street bike.

keep it on the track, the armco of 94 is rather unforgiving. glad the guy wasn't cut in 2 from the armco.

+1

I was coming back from spending weekend down south and saw the remnants of this

Just a sheriff and the flatbed was just pulling up...

I thought for sure I would be reading about a fatality today

Glad to hear he was ok

I have lived in the east county most of my life. I ride 94 often. There seems to be more and more riders that think 94 is a race track. It's not! They are risking my life, the lives of my friends and family and my neighbors lives to have fun. If you want to race, go to track days at your local race track. Next time you are on 94 look at the crosses. Most are from sportbikes riding like it is a race track. I have seen many riders go down. Some make it some do not. Enjoy the highway, but ride responsibly please!

Guard rail hit. I learned this 40th years ago. Young and fearless.

I have lived in the east county most of my life. I ride 94 often. There seems to be more and more riders that think 94 is a race track. It's not! They are risking my life, the lives of my friends and family and my neighbors lives to have fun. If you want to race, go to track days at your local race track. Next time you are on 94 look at the crosses. Most are from sportbikes riding like it is a race track. I have seen many riders go down. Some make it some do not. Enjoy the highway, but ride responsibly please!

+++++++1

+++++++1

Yup

His friend said they weren't going that fast. The other guy I saw was racing up and down using as a track. He showed me his leathers where he went down a week ago and hit the railing. Carguy, I agree with you, and appreciate you reminding us of what's important.

good comments all....and for those that say " oh those track days just cost too dang much".......

I bet if he slid off the track both he and bike would be rideable. responsibility is the best thing everyone stated--there are other people cruising around and coming the other direction. glad he's ok, CHP friend showed me a rock scrape where another guy javelined in, needless to say death was instant.

"His friend said they weren't going that fast." ---B.S. That turn is easy peasy unless you are going too fast downhill and panic. The only reason you run into a guardrail there is because you locked up your brakes and went straight instead of inputting more counter steer. The way his forks sheared off, his bike was proly upright when he hit the rail. He is actually lucky he crashed there and went over the rail versus low siding in the right sweeper and sliding into traffic and ending up in somebody's grill.

This is a great PSA why you should leave track riding on the track...

The bike doesn't look too bad in that picture considering the forks are ripped off. The rider may not have been going very fast but he was definitely riding over his head. Everyone has their own limit and now this rider found his the hard way.