Crawdaddy

Long days = Two'fer Tuesdays (two wheels, two trails, two brews, one sunset)

After every good get off, that rider is obligated to post and lead a good nOOb ride, to give it back a little.

(After healing a tiny bit)

Anyone heading up today?

All gates were closed as of yesterday so it didn't come together this week. Hopefully next.

It's the 26th who's going?  Unless the gates are still closed.

Alllllright.  I'll be up there at the usual spot.  

Gates were open yesterday. Heavy erosion at the bottom of Santa Ysabel and up to "the spot". If you haven't been up there in a while, the lines have changed a bit so be careful. I may make but not sure yet.

gates were open.  Wasn't horrible.  A bit rougher and a tiny bit more sand than usual but Strom made it up fine.  Was almost late.  Left the house 20 minutes later than I planned on.  

What time does this start on Tuesdays?  I'd like to make it

It's totally based on sunset times.  Last week sunset was at 730 and my goal was to be up there 45 mins before.........instead I got up there 3 mins before sunset lol. 

I'd like to try this.  I am a noob to dual sport.  I live in the estates and just bought a wr250r.  Is my stock light good enough to make it back down?  I have plenty of motorcycle experience just new to dual sport. Let me know 

Yup stock light will be fine just take your time down mountain there are some hidden ruts that like to knock people out. Nothing really technical all big bike doable you'll be fine.

Ok thanks,  from the original post is the meeting still at 7 at the coffee shop?  I don't have a gps yet so I will need to follow I think.

Okay, Wintyfresh and I are definitely in for tomorrow.  We're riding from his house (off the 67) and will plan to meet anyone at Packard's Coffee at 6:45 6:30.  Sunset is at 7:36 PM, so kickstands up from Packard's at 7 6:30ish is probably necessary... correct me if I'm wrong...

EDIT:  Leaving Packard's before 6:45!

17 minutes ago, mtnmanseth said:

Okay, Wintyfresh and I are definitely in for tomorrow.  We're riding from his house (off the 67) and will plan to meet anyone at Packard's Coffee at 6:45.  Sunset is at 7:36 PM, so kickstands up from Packard's at 7 sharp is probably necessary... correct me if I'm wrong...

That's just barely enough time. I'd recommend leaving by 6:45. The "SDAR Spot" is about 30 minutes ride time from Packards. That will give you about 15 minutes to chit chat and crack a frosty before the sun goes down.

I'm 80% in.

Packards at 6:30. KSU shortly thereafter.

What an awesome trip!!  My very 1st dual sport ride.  It was really nice meeting everyone.  Thank you for letting me tag along.  

I was a little intimidated when I pulled up and saw everyone's bikes.  I felt out classed for sure on my little 250.  Lol. 

I'd love to link up and ride more if you don't mind.  This is all new to me.

Had a little sunset ride with "the crew" yesterday. It was great to see The Oracle (LB), Mountain Man (Seth) and VanJoosten (Erik) again and nice to meet Wintyfresh (Andy) and Pokey (Jason). That crew can haul a$$!

I got up there a little early...

IMG_1333_zpsv3jsw7zs.jpg

So I headed over towards the bridge on Santa Isabelle TT (in the background)...

IMG_1334_zps1n2zpi6t.jpg

For a quick cold one...

IMG_1335_zpsucmcvody.jpg

The crew at the top of "big" black mountain...

LB, Andy, Jason & Seth...

IMG_1337_zpst5iiq63x.jpg

Seth, Andy, Erik & Jason...

IMG_1338_zpsskbn7bm0.jpg

Jason, Seth, LB, Andy & Erik...

IMG_1339_zpsqtup4ggh.jpg

LB taking in the view...I asked him how many times he thought he had been to the top of the mountain...he said, "At least 30-40 times!"

IMG_1340_zpsxtcnios5.jpg

The token sunset shot...

IMG_1341_zpsm9blqyps.jpg

...and then these two guys pulled into Packard's parking lot...

IMG_1343_zpsagb5xnmu.jpg

They were heading east out of Ramona on an over-night bike camping trip! Ride on!

Sorry I couldn't make it had to do a chain/sprocket replacement on the STROM last night.  I knew it was close but it suddenly went from fine to the sound of crunching gravel in one morning commute. 

Hopefully I'll be up for next week.

Good times. We got to break in two vergins to Black Mountain, Seth and Jason.

Crawdaddy was sorely missed. Get well soon, brother!