¿qué hay de ellos manzanas = how about them apples?

The characters:

BlakeNY9

post-14322-0-19970800-1431309839_thumb.j

Goofy Footer

post-14322-0-56058500-1431309847_thumb.p

mtnmanseth

post-14322-0-91690800-1431309840_thumb.j

Thanks for the ride amigos!

post-14322-0-67832100-1431309837.jpg

Yeah! Nicely done, boys.

Glad you guys had a good / safe time

lets see some more pictures

- nice wheelie mtn man

How we started Day 1

post-14322-0-95882200-1431322420_thumb.j

How we ended Day 1

post-14322-0-98617600-1431322443_thumb.j

How we started Day 2

post-14322-0-29524100-1431322445_thumb.j

How we ended Day 2

post-14322-0-32708900-1431322483_thumb.j

How we started Day 3

post-14322-0-36210700-1431322491_thumb.j

How we ended Day 3

post-14322-0-63992100-1431322493_thumb.j

More pics to come. Yes, that is rain in the first pic and I really like the GPS in the third pic - half land half ocean. I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do because I spent a good portion of this ride bouncing along some techy (or as mtnmanseth would say "sporty") trails!

Perfect sporty tour of northern Baja! 465 miles, 3 days, 3 dudes, 2 radios, 1 Beta, 107 tacos, 69 cervezas frias, 1 boulder hit, 3 bikes dropped, 0 injuries, 6 hours riding in the rain, 85 mph max speed on the beach, 3 gorgeous Mexican girls spotted, 2 guys named Seth, 1 violent farmworker protest encountered, 0 riders made it to the top of the gnarly beach hill climb, 1 guy spoke decent Spanish, 1 guy knew where we were at all times (THANK YOU TIM), 6 sore hands today, 3 worn out rear tires, 312 high fives/knuckle bumps, 3 huge smiles. Can't wait for the next one!

What was your general route? I am trying to figure out a three day, two night ride that includes a visit to Mikes?

What was your general route? I am trying to figure out a three day, two night ride that includes a visit to Mikes?

Hey, Jim been looking to do the same ride as you. Never ridden in Baja and would like to get my feet wet soon. Let me know if you are planning to put a ride together and are looking for riders . Skill level intermediate and pace well lets just say as I get older I like to stop and smell the roses more then I used too.

Hey, Jim been looking to do the same ride as you. Never ridden in Baja and would like to get my feet wet soon. Let me know if you are planning to put a ride together and are looking for riders . Skill level intermediate and pace well lets just say as I get older I like to stop and smell the roses more then I used too.

Hey guys check this thread http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19769-tecate-coyote-cals-mikes-sky-ranch-loop-april-10-12/?p=190641

I owe senor Vacman a baja ride and might be up to lead a small group on a similar intro to baja ride like the one above. It'd be awesome to get bboyle9 and tp2400 on that ride too. No timeline on when that will be however.

Hey guys check this thread http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19769-tecate-coyote-cals-mikes-sky-ranch-loop-april-10-12/?p=190641

I owe senor Vacman a baja ride and might be up to lead a small group on a similar intro to baja ride like the one above. It'd be awesome to get bboyle9 and tp2400 on that ride too. No timeline on when that will be however.

Goofy Footer, that looks like a great ride to get my feet wet. I have been down to Baja on a few surf trips but never on motos. Let me know if you come up with a date, I am assuming it will be later towards the fall or do you guys ride down there in the summer months?

Goofy Footer, that looks like a great ride to get my feet wet. I have been down to Baja on a few surf trips but never on motos. Let me know if you come up with a date, I am assuming it will be later towards the fall or do you guys ride down there in the summer months?

If you stay on the coast or head into the mountains (4,000+ feet) the weather is very similar to our local mountains. It's warm during summer but fine if you keep moving / stay hydrated.

June might be a stretch for a 3 day ride for some of the aforementioned riders (bboyle9 would be coming from the east coast) but July could possibly happen. My work schedule is changing somewhat dramatically soon so that is another variable. A shorter 2 day to Coyote Cals / Pirate's Cove over a Fri/Sat is a possible option for me over the next couple of weekends. Some slab may be involved the farther south we travel over a two day ride - nothing huge, just enough to make up time/distance.

EDIT:

As mentioned in this thread --> http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20095-heading-to-coyote-cals/ , there will be a lot of prerunning (think fast moving trucks / opportunities for head-on collisions) along the course. A few sections of a potential fun ride to the coast overlap with the course and it will be busy the next few weeks until June 4-7 when the race will be held and I'd guess it will be somewhat beaten up afterwards but still passable on bikes.

If you stay on the coast or head into the mountains (4,000+ feet) the weather is very similar to our local mountains. It's warm during summer but fine if you keep moving / stay hydrated.

June might be a stretch for a 3 day ride for some of the aforementioned riders (bboyle9 would be coming from the east coast) but July could possibly happen. My work schedule is changing somewhat dramatically soon so that is another variable. A shorter 2 day to Coyote Cals / Pirate's Cove over a Fri/Sat is a possible option for me over the next couple of weekends. Some slab may be involved the farther south we travel over a two day ride - nothing huge, just enough to make up time/distance.

EDIT:

As mentioned in this thread --> http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20095-heading-to-coyote-cals/ , there will be a lot of prerunning (think fast moving trucks / opportunities for head-on collisions) along the course. A few sections of a potential fun ride to the coast overlap with the course and it will be busy the next few weeks until June 4-7 when the race will be held and I'd guess it will be somewhat beaten up afterwards but still passable on bikes.

Hey Goofy footer thanks for the info, thru this thread I got invited on a ride this weekend with another member ( jawhitmoyer ). This will be my first time riding down the and am looking forward to it. If all goes well like I think it will I will be doing more trips down there in the future. Keep me posted on your next ride, I am somewhat flexible with my work schedule just need a few weeks notice if I am going to take any days off.

Let's Ride!

post-14322-0-77038800-1432325887_thumb.j

A clearing in the rain

post-14322-0-20688700-1432325926_thumb.j

Trail to nowhere. Honest. It just dies at the top of that tricky climb.

post-14322-0-50909400-1432325961_thumb.j

Hillclimb attempts - none successful. There was discussion about the moisture content of the deep loamy soil inhibiting traction. Or maybe it was because 60 BBB riders churned it up a few weeks prior?

post-14322-0-15621600-1432325963_thumb.j

End of a good day. Happy to be dry and food/cerveza was calling.

post-14322-0-60570800-1432325964_thumb.j

ADVbum and Baja2015 - the SDAR stickers are spreading! (and no, I didn't post it three - another group must have)

post-14322-0-07288600-1432325966_thumb.j

Thanks again for the ride amigos. My schedule has been somewhat overly hectic this summer but depending on my school situation in January, I might have some time to throw down a few quality Baja excursions come November / December.

post-14322-0-16809200-1444527519_thumb.j

More great photos from your vault, GF! Thanks for posting reminders of the perfect Baja scooter trip. I have zero issues with repeating the exact same route sometime soon... sans Blake, until he stops cranking out kids :lmaosmiley:

Baja in Dec ya say.....

I should be off work most of Dec...

More great photos from your vault, GF! Thanks for posting reminders of the perfect Baja scooter trip. I have zero issues with repeating the exact same route sometime soon... sans Blake, until he stops cranking out kids :lmaosmiley:

Let's do the damn thing!

Baja in Dec ya say.....

I should be off work most of Dec...

When do you come back? Baja will be epic in December.

Let's do the damn thing!

Tomorrow you say?