TrophyHunter

Run whatcha brung ride - in 4 to 6 weeks

I think a vintage focused - but of course everyone welcome - ride would be good. Pull the vintage stuff out and go for a ride. This is a heads up to dust things off, get your plates or green stickers up to date, etc.

I'm putting some time in the Wombat and am looking to get some riding in. Maybe the perimeter road at Corral, followed by some trails......? It would be good to see all the old iron come out for a ride.

CID, Kelly, Mimi, Arnie, ThumperBob to mention a few.

My yoot - no Bowers, I do not still have the pants so you can't have them.

def4d61c-6a4c-4e2d-9b46-d20645697236_zps

Current project when I brought it home.

DSCN1012_zps747fe297.jpg

DSCN1010_zpsa842869d.jpg

I'm in Ken. Just let me know when so I can get my RT1 off non operation. Sounds like a whole lot of fun!

P1050984.jpg

Might be up for it with the mighty Bentley The KDX. The Super Rat still hasn't gotten going yet.

I'm in Ken. Just let me know when so I can get my RT1 off non operation. Sounds like a whole lot of fun!

P1050984.jpg

Bob, sweet ride. Are you part of the Yamaha Enduro group, http://yamaha-enduros.com/my friend in Oregon started. Its a big group.

I took the restrictor plate off to give the Blue Dragon a little more juice, but it's not exactly street legal so keep it on the down low.

17239707032_6cac5a5858.jpg20150422_131330 by tntmo2, on Flickr

peugeot 103!!! teens used to mod this things like crazy in france back then, if you didn't at least have "le kit polini" you couldn't part of the crew (which I wasnt since my fleet consisted of a BMX and a Solex). still a couple of these sitting under 1/4" of dust in my late granpa's garage (and maybe a mobylette aka "une mob", too). I didnt know these ever got imported, nice one tom looks all original

I want to ride it at Corral Canyon just for the hell of it. I'm selling it......

I want to ride it at Corral Canyon just for the hell of it. I'm selling it......

It looks great! Any idea how much you are going to ask for it?

so there's no displacement regulations for this ride? my vintage 1980 Honda XL/XR80 may need some trail love from an oversize goofball.

None - doesn't even have to be vintage - just thought it'd be fun to dust some stuff off and get it moving - and bring a bike, too.

badum-tish1_zpsb252833d.jpg

Thanks Bikeslut. Have not had it out in a while. I'm sure she will fire right up. It is a very dependable bike. Been all over San Diego county and hasn't failed me yet. Hope I did not jinx her. Lol

Can't wait to get her out there again.

so there's no displacement regulations for this ride? my vintage 1980 Honda XL/XR80 may need some trail love from an oversize goofball.

well, I was considering the street shod KLR, but now the ttr125 sounds like an option (unless it sells this weekend)

I'm getting two honda CT90's soon, but I won't be here for this ride. Darn!

Any thoughts on when this ride might happen?

I'm thinking end of May-ish. I just got new shoes on the Wombat and the carb cleaned - again. New (old) skid plate going on soon and finally got some spoke wheel weights so I can balance things out. I met with SoCalHodaka who is dialing in his '76 Wombat so pushing for about 4 weeks.

Any thoughts on when this ride might happen?

I'm thinking end of May-ish. I just got new shoes on the Wombat and the carb cleaned - again. New (old) skid plate going on soon and finally got some spoke wheel weights so I can balance things out. I met with SoCalHodaka who is dialing in his '76 Wombat so pushing for about 4 weeks.

Darn! I am going to be on a RV trip then. Maybe we can do another in July or later.

I would love to track down one of these for this ride...1977 YZ125 or 250...desperately wanted one when I was a kid.

post-15604-0-27784900-1430419173_thumb.j

Cerburus is cleaning out their shop, good time to get a hold of a cheap vintage bike project for this ride.

http://www.cerberusmoto.com/events-calendar/2015/4/29/garage-sale-

I stopped by today after work. Interesting place. Nothing for vintage off-road at the shop, but one of the guys there said he had a Honda Trail 70 in his garage.