TrophyHunter

Stolen bike - Son's 2014 ZX-14

From the area of Country Club & Centre City Parkway in Escondido sometime last night.

PSX_20150407_064705_zpse9yae9yw.jpg

IMG_20140607_100127_934_zpsyt4zlygl.jpg

Ken

I'm sorry to hear that.

Not the way anyone wants to start their day..

Hoping you have "good luck" recovering the bike

On the Lookout! Unless that gets shipped out of area,,gotta be easy to spot.

Oh man, that stinks. :grrr: Definately on the lookout!

Oh that sucks. I'll keep an eye out during my commute.

Super suck fest, will keep a keen eye for it, Ken. So curious, how does a bike like this get stolen? Assuming the steering was locked and the bike weighs 400-500 lbs... how do they move it? Pick the steering lock, hotwire it, 4 or 5 guys lift it into a pickup with no one noticing?

He had the steering locked and a wheel lock in place. They normally either lift it into a truck, onto a trailer or roll it away from the location on a skateboard/moving dolly, then "unlock" it and hotwire it.

All border cameras checked along with License Plate Readers (LPR) mobile and fixed. Nothing. Probably went into a Van and south.

He had the steering locked and a wheel lock in place. They normally either lift it into a truck, onto a trailer or roll it away from the location on a skateboard/moving dolly, then "unlock" it and hotwire it.

All border cameras checked along with License Plate Readers (LPR) mobile and fixed. Nothing. Probably went into a Van and south.

Okay, so the only remedies would be to lock it to a post, awning support, car wheel, etc + install a motion sensitive alarm and/or some sort of Lojack GPS locator? And what do they do with it in Mexico? Part it out? Crate it up and ship it to Europe? Or would it be sold for best offer on Mexican Craigslist?

Pardon my Montana naivety, but we've all needed to leave a bike outside overnight and lost sleep. No intention to hijack, but curious if there's anyway to avoid this situation without a locked garage. Your son must be nauseous, so sorry about this.

EDIT: I found this great article, for those interested: https://rideapart.com/articles/ask-a-motorcycle-thief

Parted out on flea bay is my guess.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.