HotRod82

Leatt quality problems

I bought a (expensive) new Leatt chest protector (over the jersey style) and absolutely loved it, fit me like a glove and felt like a suit of armor. Maybe 6 rides later, both shoulder cups pulled out of the neoprene body and fell off. My riding buddy bought a under jersey style with the elbow guards built in and the thing literally fell apart with all of the fasteners falling out and the rig just fell to pieces. I have not contacted the company yet, I'm thinking if the equipment falls apart under normal use it will be useless if you actually crash in it so why bother getting it fixed or replaced? Anyone else having issues with their Leatt equipment?

neck braces are top quality. can't vouch for the chest protector. got a UFO protector made in ITALY many years back that is still serving me well. To be honest if it is made in China, not surprising.

I have a new HD Pro with 10 rides on it with no probs. Also a Pro light bought used off ADV. only wear the light for street use but no pens either.

2012-leatt-body-protector-adventure-mcss

And Collar for more than a year with good results. Fits well, invisible while using. They must have used a new sub-contractor.

I had the same problem with the HD pro 5.5. Returned under warranty the first time and the second time the shop called Leatt. Leatt has resolved the issue and will be sending me the updated version. (Must request updated version)

I had the same problem with the HD pro 5.5. Returned under warranty the first time and the second time the shop called Leatt. Leatt has resolved the issue and will be sending me the updated version. (Must request updated version)

This is good to know cuz that's what I have. Any indicators on "updated" version to know if I got one?

I'll let you know next week when it comes in. Im sure its going to be like the ballistic jersey with the strap and snap.

Good to know , thanks. I'll give them another try.

I also can only speak for the neck brace....wearing mine for a few years....awesome quality....it's survived a few crashes as well...

Update - Leatt has recognized they have an issue with the shoulder pad mounting and agreed to send me a new upgraded model of the HD Pro. Nice to see a company stand behind their product. After this experience I would not hesitate to give another Leatt product a try.

2012-leatt-body-protector-adventure-mcss

And Collar for more than a year with good results. Fits well, invisible while using. They must have used a new sub-contractor.

I'm looking to buy some body armor, Similar to what I see some of my fellow SDAR riders wearing.

I'd narrowed it down to the Thor Impact Rig and the Leatt Adventure Body Protector.

Comments before I pull the trigger on either?post-14554-0-41556300-1424498423.jpgpost-14554-0-83146300-1424498433.jpg

I tried the leatt one. I didnt like how low the elbow gaurds were placed. Ahh man that thor one looks like you'll be ready for battle. I opted for the fox titan light and protected. Good luck with your decision.

I can't help with either one of your choices as I have the Acerbis Cosmo. Just wanted to add that the fishnet stocking along the arms of my Cosmo already has a tear on it and I've only used it for 2 rides. Looks like the Thor Impact has the similar material along the arms. I had a pair of Fox elbow guards with the same type material and they also tore...not after two rides but eventually they did. Might be the fact that the Cosmo is worn on the outside and hitting a branch while riding caused the tear or catching my fingernail as I was putting it on or maybe when I tossed it in my gearbag.

Just my $ .02

I have the Thor impact, and the material looks like fishnet stockings on a used up hooker. And all of those things seem to be so hot...I decided to wear a little less armor and ride a little slower

Just wanted to add that the fishnet stocking along the arms of my Cosmo already has a tear on it...

Thanks for the info. I now have a mental image of you in fishnet stockings!

Just wanted to add that the fishnet stocking along the arms of my Cosmo already has a tear on it...

Thanks for the info. I now have a mental image of you in fishnet stockings!

Ha ha...if i ever go on a ride with you I'll know why you're looking at me funny!

So I finally went to wear the replacement HD pro they sent me and the new shoulder pad attachment mechanism is a joke. The assembly actually came apart just trying to put it on. So frustrating. I can't believe they actually tested this product and ok'd it, oh well lesson learned.....no more leatt stuff for me.

Yeah my exact thoughts also. It just gets me... that someone actually got paid to "redesign that strap".

My replacement Hd pro is still sitting in the garage brand new. One of these days Im going bust out the sowing machine to make a strap and snap for it.

Ive been super stoked on the Fox Titan. It takes a sec. to get use to because of the full arm and spine protection.

Leatt makes great products. I think they had a little hickup with the hd pro.

I walked into FBC ready to buy the Leatt set, after realizing how little lower back protection was offered I left with a Fox Titan jacket.