Logroller

radiator repair or new rads

Anyone know of a radiator shop in town well versed in the repair of dirt moto radiators? I don't want any rad shop, just names of places who know the ins and out of repairing bike rads.

Also, any suggestions on where (online or otherwise) to get like new or new rads would be helpful too. I of course know how to use the webs, but it never hurts to ask others.

The '06 Husqvarna te450 needs some new lungs.

Cheers, Log

I've used him a few times and can vouch for him. However, I crushed a radiator on my 530 a few months back. It was badly damaged so I decided to replace instead of repair. OEM radiator for my bike was $230. I found a used one in excellent condition on Ebay for $100.

Check some of the threads in the forums over on Cafe Husky for good replacements. A lot of guys use some heavy duty Chinese radiators off of Ebay, and swear by them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RADIATOR-HUSQVARNA-TC-TE250-TE-TC450-510-2003-09-08-04-2006-2007-TE310-09-10-/261015452880?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc5bbbcd0&vxp=mtr

If you're going to repair, Myler's.

I used a local shop once that charged more, did next to nothing to straighten the radiator and after factoring the cost of my time and gas for pick up and the work I had to then do to straighten it out to mount it up again, I could've had Myler's do it twice. Not to mention the turn around to Myler's was about the same as the local shop.

I've used Myler's, Kirk's and also the Chinese radiators (currently have one on my Husky) and am satisfied with all of them.

I've already been in talks with Mylers before this treas. he charges $65 a rad and that does not inculde shipping there and back. Hence me looking for a quality job shop that is local. I'm seriously considering a new or like new rad(s).

Yes, I'll be getting on C.H. about it, just haven't had the moment to do a search and post.

I've already been in talks with Mylers before this treas. he charges $65 a rad and that does not inculde shipping there and back. Hence me looking for a quality job shop that is local. I'm seriously considering a new or like new rad(s).

Yes, I'll be getting on C.H. about it, just haven't had the moment to do a search and post.

I'm bored so here ya go...

Left side : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-TE450-Left-Radiator-TE-450-2008-low-miles-/381023545278?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58b6c5e7be&vxp=mtr

Right side: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-TE450-Right-Radiator-TE-450-2008-low-miles-/381023545801?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58b6c5e9c9&vxp=mtr

Left side : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-TE450-Left-Radiator-TE-450-2008-low-miles-/381023545278?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58b6c5e7be&vxp=mtr

Right side: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-TE450-Right-Radiator-TE-450-2008-low-miles-/381023545801?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58b6c5e9c9&vxp=mtr

Thanks, but don't think they'll work. '08 is a very different bike from my '06, and I can see difference in those rads from mine. Keep trying in your state of boredom.

Or maybe they're exactly the same. I should take a look, but my garage has no electricity at the moment.

Luke, some research needed, use the parts pdf check P/N then move into the 2008-2010 and check P/Ns for a match. Like I mentioned 08 has 3 different OEM suppliers with 3 different P/Ns that are compatable to those model years (08-10). As for the 05-07 I dont remember. Just do a compatability check. But like you said the 06-07 had the round tube chassis, in 08 -(10) they went to the exceptional semi perimeter chassis so the mount points may or may not be different. Euros like to keep things compatable to keep the parts flow consistant for cost so all the model years may just be fit compatable. Just need to do the leg work.

I've used him a few times and can vouch for him. However, I crushed a radiator on my 530 a few months back. It was badly damaged so I decided to replace instead of repair. OEM radiator for my bike was $230. I found a used one in excellent condition on Ebay for $100.

New for me is about $150 or $320ish for both.

I have seen only a few on EBAY, but they were beat (gouged fins, twisted and/or bent rad) and they still wanted $100 plus shipping coming out to the price of a new. I haven't given up on EBAY yet.

Luke, some research needed, use the parts pdf check P/N then move into the 2008-2010 and check P/Ns for a match. Like I mentioned 08 has 3 different OEM suppliers with 3 different P/Ns that are compatable to those model years (08-10). As for the 05-07 I dont remember. Just do a compatability check. But like you said the 06-07 had the round tube chassis, in 08 -(10) they went to the exceptional semi perimeter chassis so the mount points may or may not be different. Euros like to keep things compatable to keep the parts flow consistant for cost so all the model years may just be fit compatable. Just need to do the leg work.

Robert,

I did some of the leg work already, just need to figure more out. Posted on C.H., but not much response.

Called a few dealers in California and Illinois and one Euro webbie and got some conflicting info. Still waiting on some more info.

Dealer 1.

Toyo about $140

LF 8000-99659

RT 8000-99658

KTM about $150

LF 8000-A7989

RT 8000-A7990

Alexon about $110

LF 8000-A7993

RT 8000-A7992

Dealer 2.

KTM

LF $156.99 - 8000b1407

RH $173.99 - 8000b1406

#3 husqyparts.com

8000B1407 Radiator, lh toyo €114.00

8000B1406 Radiator, rh toyo €127.00

8000A7989 Radiator, lh

8000A7990 Radiator, rh €121.83

8000A7993 L.H. radiator (ALEXON)

8000A7992 R.H. radiator (ALEXON) €90.92

Oh and looking at Chinese rad potential. I have read that there are people having good success with them, but haven't seen which brand they're going with yet.