Bagstr

South Utah Loop - October 2014

Maximum Thank You to KKug for Making it all Happen

i-6gwtTFR-L.jpg

i-sKCFgNJ-L.jpg

i-c7XFLrD-L.jpg

Thanks to CID for getting us off our Butts and on the Road. Thanks to WakeMedic for Surviving in one piece!

Kug, Get us started, How did this come together.

Maximum Thank You to KKug for Making it all Happen

i-6gwtTFR-L.jpg

i-sKCFgNJ-L.jpg

i-c7XFLrD-L.jpg

Thanks to CID for getting us off our Butts and on the Road. Thanks to WakeMedic for Surviving in one piece!

Kug, Get us started, How did this come together.

Hey Bags...what is the secret formula for geeting the pics that you posted to open? All I see is a red X with a .jpg file name next to the X. Maybe it's just my ancient operating sysytem...

Dress4Pics

Very cool. And it sounds like you had an uneventful trip? Always a good thing...

Does this mean the Kug has healed and OK?

No, This means he is the Best Chase Truck Captain on the West Coast. Morning meeting: "We are on this track. We will meet in the PM after 100 miles of 2nd - 3rd gear exploration." Sometimes before dark, sometimes after KKug is there waiting!

Does it get any better than Utah in the fall?

P1050308_zps1dc0c83b.jpg

IMG_2655_zps20d3ec93.jpg

IMG_2930_zps3ecce06d.jpg

IMG_2742_zpsbf110b44.jpg

IMG_2853_zpsa29a8166.jpg

IMG_2904_zps4b1ee30a.jpg

We always follow the rules when camping.

IMG_2893_zpseb1f9318.jpg

We ate good every night with Kug doing the cooking!

IMG_2725_zps8466f705.jpg

CiD

It was the start of deer hunting season in Utah and I wanted to make sure I was not mistaken for a deer.

IMG_2635_zps3d4e6749.jpg

CiD

Thanks guys for starting this. I have been very lazy since I have come back from this . Yes every thing went well. I think it was due to extreem planing.

But in the oficial first minute of the ride things took a turn. Eddies bike battery was low,it needed air,and then it ended up with a broken side stand.

It was getting late and the guys pushed off anyway -- we need to get this show on the road.

Bagster AKA as Dave

P1050479-L.jpg

Covered in Dust AKA as Chris

P1050480-L.jpg

I had a good pictue of Eddie but it got corupted so here is a different one.

Wakemedic AKA as Eddie

P1050511-L.jpg

P.S. It come to light that Eddie has not ridden in the dirt for a few years so he was a bit crusty for short while.

I don,t know what was happening on the trails as I was driving the pickup to meet the guys at the first nites campsite at Posy Lake.

All this planing has let to extreem frustration with the GPS. Most of it is human error. Kind of liked to go back to paper maps. I will let the guys talk about that.

I can not ride but I can drive so I organized the camp food and gear. I think it worked out well and we did not starve and did not have a lot left over.

We drove to Parowan ,stayed at the Days Inn and then the next Morn (Monday) I drove the trailer to Brice Canyon ( Rubys) and parked it for pickup on Friday afternoon .

Pic,s of Posy Lake

P1050489-L.jpg

P1050491-L.jpg

IMG_20141006_171750_539-L.jpg

P1050495-L.jpg

P.S. If you click on my pictures it might take you to my Smug Mug picture Album. Then you can see all my pictures .

i-v9D5wwV-L.jpg

Ha, we were started,,,,then we weren't . Then believe it or not we found our way to the airport through town and headed up Red Creek Canyon in a blaze of Red and Yellow fall colors. Total luxury to be riding with only Day food and rain gear as Kkug was hauling tents, food and extra clothing. We usually carry about 35 pounds of self sustaining gear on the Moto Camp-outs.

i-NW6T8xV-L.jpg

Easy going at first which helped us get our moto legs. Soon enough we jumped over a bumpy pass requiring attention to detail.

i-brzQQj5-L.jpg

In Panquitch Sheriff Moore advised we Had to seen the Powell Overlook or we would miss the best view in the area. 20 minutes in, 20 Minutes out. Well not quite, but we had a good ride to the 3/4 mile walk in post. Powell overlooks and dominates Tropic, Canonville and Bryce National Park.

i-qVbRGMT-L.jpg

First we had a great time traversing Limekiln Trail

i-rjPN4Z8-L.jpg

i-2jvwtCP-L.jpg

First Camp, Posey Lake. My Montana was two weeks new to me, causing a touch of anxiety. As the days passed, I found it to work faster and better than my 60csx. Still learning but happy. Also, found the Basecamp much more flexible.

First Camp - Kug all set up, great meal, the world is wonderful! Cattle wandering through.

i-DbwjWrq-L.jpg

It was the start of deer hunting season in Utah and I wanted to make sure I was not mistaken for a deer.

IMG_2635_zps3d4e6749.jpg

CiD

Covered in Autumn - with all that orange and red (bike, pants, helmet & jacket) you blend right in with the changing autumn colors! :coolio:

Day 2 Photo Dump:

Boulder Top, Chokecherry Drop, Pleasant Creek, Fruita. Edit: plus Cathedral Valley Day 3.

i-Qpmcmw7-L.jpg

i-qpXRrTv-L.jpg

i-ZtwF6Rp-L.jpg

i-KtbzZxP-L.jpg

i-nnSHbGm-L.jpg

i-g7sH3H2-L.jpg

i-j4mr6zv-L.jpg

i-MVg6nvJ-L.jpg

i-fK3xrf3-L.jpg

i-wPtQcVL-L.jpg

i-bCfzq6n-L.jpg

i-Cd4n6zV-L.jpg

i-wZxQBwm-L.jpg

i-9rrbsCV-L.jpg

i-5NB3f9R-L.jpg

Day two was to take the guys from Posey Lake across Boulder Mtn area down threw Chokecherry,Pleasant creek rd threw the back door of Capital Reef Park . They were to meet me for lunch before continueing to Catherdal Valley for the nites camp.

Well due to late start and other issues they come into lunch at supper time. All ended well because I knew of a good place to camp and was enjoyable for all.

They decided to do Cathederal Valley the next morn.

My drive

IMG_20141007_120304_410-L.jpg

Come across a road block -- BMW around the world tour with cameras on tripods. They had to redo their shoot because they did not want a Toyota Tundra on their ass !!

P1050502-L.jpg

IMG_20141007_132849_975-L.jpg

IMG_20141007_121701_987-L.jpg

Our Camp

IMG_20141007_190612_288-L.jpg

P1050510-L.jpg

Day Three -- The guys took a loop to view Catherdal Valley and on the way back I met them for lunch. Gased them up and they took off for the Henry Mtns for the campsite at Star Springs. Dave has some good pictures of the valley.

My drive

River Ford

P1050512-L.jpg

P1050515-L.jpg

P1050517-L.jpg

Coming back to lunch

P1050518-L.jpg

Pit Stop

P1050521-L.jpg

On the way to the Garden Spot of Hanksville

IMG_20141008_152652_452-L.jpg

I see they had a web site in the old days

IMG_20141008_152721_703-L.jpg

Star Springs Camp -The guys come in in the dark

IMG_20141008_185529_714-L.jpg

P1050525-L.jpg

P1050522-L.jpg

Huge thanks to Dave for getting the tracks together. I have the worst luck with GPS's. I deleted the tracks by mistake on my 60csx as we were starting the ride. Then my Montana crapped out on day 2 of the ride.

Here is Dave telling us young? bucks that we don't have to try and keep up with him and to just follow his dust.

P1050274_zpsedabd67d.jpg

CiD

Did you guys stop at Capitol Reef Cedar Mesa campground on Thursday afternoon?

No we were their on tuesday afternoon. Were you out riding around ?

Scratch all that we were close on Thursday. I am checking the map.

Scratch all that we were close on Thursday. I am checking the map.

Ya we were on the Burr Switchbacks around 1 PM