Covered in Dust

Not your grandfathers Husky

Great rider.

But...

When, oh, when will people stop making videos that begin with an animated logo, music that builds during 30 seconds of close-up detail shots with a little tracking dolly, then cutting to action shots as the music crescendos?

Havent we seen this 1000 times already?

(sorry pet peeve.)

PMB they just need to add a slowmo comin at ya wheelie shot with a fiery explosion in the background to really top it off!!!!

PS as long as these companies (like KTM) keep paying and signing off on the advert agencies to create these clone ad campaigns we will continue feeding on them. (I know you all ready know all that)

they are having S model enduros for 2015 FE350S FE501S will be plated dirt bikes.

Is it me, or was the rider shifting his weight to the outside of the turn and pushing the bike lower into the corner? As opposed to shifting weight towards the center of the curve...

In case you are wondering what your grandfather's Husky looked like, this is my brother Pooch on one of our early 70's Huskys. I have 5 of these bikes that I still ride.

Notice the protection gear. Good leather boots and pants, open face helmet, goggles, gloves, and full protection long sleeve shirt. Standard equipment for the day. Pretty much what I still wear today. Gave up the leather pants, too hot. Neither my brother nor I suffered any major injuries with this protection.

post-6274-0-75017700-1410920664_thumb.jp

I was wondering if I'd hear from you Don. I meant no disrespect to the Huskys of old, they were the bike to ride back in the day.

Covered in Respect

In case you are wondering what your grandfather's Husky looked like, this is my brother Pooch on one of our early 70's Huskys. I have 5 of these bikes that I still ride.

Notice the protection gear. Good leather boots and pants, open face helmet, goggles, gloves, and full protection long sleeve shirt. Standard equipment for the day. Pretty much what I still wear today. Gave up the leather pants, too hot. Neither my brother nor I suffered any major injuries with this protection.

attachicon.gifPooch.jpg

Still one of my all time favorite photos!

Still want a Husky some day. Maybe cuz Dad put some miles on 'em & they won't leave my brain. Agreed Tracy....great pic of Don's brother. Women ran, men hid, dirt got out of his way.

FH000059_zpscc5b18e1.jpg

I was wondering if I'd hear from you Don. I meant no disrespect to the Huskys of old, they were the bike to ride back in the day.

Covered in Respect

No disrespect taken Chris. Especially comming from someone with his own collection of cool Vintage bikes.

Just didn't want the younger members on the board who never got to ride these bikes to get the impression that

Vintage meant boring.

Ken, I like the photo of your dad enjoying his Husky.

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/heritage.html

Vintage,,,Ah yes the 60's. I remember them well. :coolio: No one taking me to the desert, just a poster infatuation with Joel Robert and the European Outdoor Motocross seen. Imagine, stand at the track just outside the flag barrier. As close as a barefoot kid from El Cajon could get.

It is an infection, you never quite recover from.

Pushing the bars down to get less tire on the ground. This in turn will get the back end of the bike to break loose more easily to power slide for the video.

Not what you'd want to do on the track while actually racing, but power slides look cool.

All I know is that I am riding my supermoto Husky to about 50% of the bikes potential. If that.