kkug

KUG,s Mystery Ride #2 3-22-23-14

Join me for a random ride and overnighter ( bikepacking ) in our local desert. The parameters are I 15 to the west - I 10 to the north- The Mexican boarder to the south- and the western shoreline of the Salton sea to the east. So this gives you a good ideal where we will be riding. This edition will not be as long as our last ride and will be more local.

Well prepared smaller dual sport bikes preferred You can take a big adventure bike but you need a riding buddy to help you out in the sand.

Overnight gear and most likely we will stop for gas and supply's before we hit camp for the evening.

My guess max -- 90-100 -120 between gas stops. Mabey 200-220 miles total for the ride . All Approx.

Tentative Meeting place will be the Ranger station at Ocotillo Wells ( By the Bathrooms ) at 11: 30 AM. 3-22 this way people that want to trailer their bikes out can leave their rigs their or who ever wants to ride can take all morning to do so .

All of this is subject to change at the whim of the organizer due to that's it is a Mystery Ride .

We will have a very good option to pick up Mystery Meat and Tube Steaks :smile_anim: to grill at the camp so I will bring my grill and my charcoal .

On Sunday morn we can ride to breakfast .

I am taking one firelog. Can someone else bring one ? or two :thumbsup_anim:

Any Takers ?

IN LIST

Kkug- IN

Tree - 100% IN

Covered In Dust -IN

Bagster - IN and may sleep outside near the Boarder ?? not afraid anymore

Crawdaddy -In

Fabless-IN

Texas Dualler-IN

Dress for less-In

Beezz- IN

Sicvic -IN

Dirtdriver -IN

Racebob --_ Mabey if not late

Jack In Bonita -? ?

Socalmotorrider -?? Shoping fpr bags ?

Throphyhunter -out

Acherron800 -Lurking

Manic - Out

Two Wheelsgood - out

Oracle- Out

Tracy - out

Is it scary to sleep outside?? :shiftyeyes_anim:

Depends how close to the Boarder you get !

Interested. Haven't joined any rides with SDAR since joining. Bone stock KL 250. Will that be sufficient bike/enough gas?

Oooh I don,t know. Have you rode out in the desert yet. ? Like Occtillo Wells,Plaster City. Superstition Mtns. Lots of deep sand. We might be hitting some sand and long sand washes. Your bike may be a bit more suited for the Ottay Mtn.. and Anza Truck trail rides.

Others may chime in on this please.

Hello Jack,

KKug and the rest of his wanderers always like to see new faces on the trail. That said, you will have a better experience if you are confident in you deep sand skills.

A large attribute of Kug's rides is We Don't Know where he is taking us. Last time out we turned west after camping over the hill from the Salton Sea and, We All had a tough go of the trail including some Suck it Up because your buddies have their hands full sections. Long tight and deep tracks, loose rutted tight climbs. Most of the routes are relaxed, but Kug is exploring stuff he hasn't necessarily ridden because he is an explorer.

So, this is not a Desert Starter. If you are comfortable out there, we want to see you. Feel free to join me on any of my Anza Borrego outings if you want a taste of the Dez.

Dave

I definitely want to do some overnight camp trips just ordered a giant loop coyote bag to carry my stuff. In Baja we always stay at a hotel thus far but I have more options now. I don't know if I can swing this trip yet if not I'll plan for the next one.

I definitely want to do some overnight camp trips just ordered a giant loop coyote bag to carry my stuff. In Baja we always stay at a hotel thus far but I have more options now. I don't know if I can swing this trip yet if not I'll plan for the next one.

Yes in the future we will make another run for the river ,

Ok I am going to post updates on the first thread.

Lurking big time! I'll try and move some stuff around!

Lurking big time! I'll try and move some stuff around!

Tracy PM sent -look for it .

Sand - how much and how deep? The 650 with me on it doesn't like sand much but if the rest is doable, I'll bulldog the sand sections.

Scared to miss out, Therefore In on the fun.

Trying to get Sic on-board. If he can collect his gear.

i-k2dtZNg-L.jpg

Sand - how much and how deep? The 650 with me on it doesn't like sand much but if the rest is doable, I'll bulldog the sand sections.

Its the desert -so sand is a issue --- BUT mabey you can meet us at certain points and you will be good to go .

"in"

I have a 5.3 gallon tank.......I'll fill it.......so bring it on Kugmeister!

I was hoping to work this into my schedule, but my sister is coming into town. Been wanting to try bike camping for a while. Maybe the next one, I still need a bit of gear anyway.

Lurking,

Appx mileage total?

Appx mileage max between gas stops?

My guess max -- 90-100 -120 between gas stops. Mabey 200-220 miles total for the ride . All Approx.