TexasDualler

New guy in PB

Hey everybody. I just got stationed down here last month. I'm 26 and ride a '14 CRF250L. I've gone out to coral canyon a few times and ridden a bunch of the trails and single track out there. Got kind of tired of always riding by myself so I thought I'd try to meet some people to ride with on here.

I always try to ride whenever I can which for the most part ends up being on the weekends when I'm not on duty. Overnight camping is pretty fun too. I used to do that a lot back when I was in South Carolina.

I guess would classify myself as an intermediate level rider, a very slow intermediate level rider. I've yet to come across anything that I couldn't overcome with a little patience and strategy, which is a bit of an understatement considering I ride mechanically, gearing, and suspension-wise stock CRFL. I do feel like I've outgrown my bike, I just haven't decided if I want to spend the money to improve it or just trade it in for something better. The problem is I've become very attached to it.

Hope to see some of you guys out there!

Devin

Welcome to the forum. If you like your bike, just hang on to it until you don't. Then it'll be time for a new one. :coolio:

Most of us are weekend warriors too...ride the bike you have, and enjoy it for now

There is always a "latest and greatest", but the real joy is in the views, the camaraderie and just being on the trail

Welcome aboard. As mentioned, keep it and ride it. Sunday we had a '94, '99 ' '03, '05 and 2 newer bikes. Everybody had a great time and got where we needed to go.

Look forward to seeing you out there.

Welcome to the board. You'll find plenty of opportunities to ride Lark, Corral, etc, with great guys/gals from SDAR.

Guest Crusty

Welcome to the site.

PM Surfnride, he upgraded his,night and day !!

he did go from 73 to 63 MPG. though.coolio.gif

I am also in PB... maybe we can carpool out sometime...

Welcome...

Welcome to the group. A buddy of mine has the 250L, it's a capable machine even if it's not the most powerful. See you on the trail.

Welcome to the group and PB. I'm at the North end of Mission Blvd. I'm always happy to help out with moto projects or just go ride.

Someday, hopefully soon, I'll have a bike maintenance work day at my house.

Someone please help me out. I have been on a xr250r and a crf250x. Where does the 250L fit in? Water cooled? Street legal? X suspension?

The Honda promo sites are not much help.

Thanks

bob

Someone please help me out. I have been on a xr250r and a crf250x. Where does the 250L fit in? Water cooled? Street legal? X suspension?

The Honda promo sites are not much help.

Thanks

bob

250L is street legal, liquid cooled, heavier, suspension looks good but is soft, engine is eager but not very powerful. It's a good bike with limitations. Probably will run forever.

650hucker took his on Ranger- as Tom says, very mushy suspension, even considering Wil weighs less than 150

seemed well-balanced, though that could just be that Wil is well-balanced

he took the trail 11 bailout, because he and the bike were just getting beat up

It's a fun bike. A great bike to start out on too. Not to mention a good commuter bike as well, as long as you don't mind getting passed by everyone on the freeway. Monday through Friday it gets me to work and back and saves me a ton on gas. Just don't want to slow anybody down!

Welcome to the group, it's a great place with awesome people...see you out there sometime...

Welcome to the club Devin. The SDAR PB contingent continues to grow - I'm in North PB. Do you have knobbies on the CRF-L? Have you rode our local desert yet?

Pasta Pilot - a PB tech day would be sweet! Maybe bikeslut could come over on his lunch break and change some tires for me

Oh yes Goofy Footer. I got some Pirelli MT21's. Vast improvement over the stockers. Not sure if I've really ridden the desert yet but I rode on a lot of deep sand back in South Carolina before I got the Pirellis so I'd say I'm pretty comfortable on sand.