Chris in Wildomar

Sad news ...... fallen member :(

I never met him, but Dan Diego told me about it yesterday when we had lunch, Dan told me he road with him on his first trip to Mikes, Dan mentioned that he was a great guy and that he loved Baja, and would ride it when ever he could. I am sorry and feel for the loved ones that he left behind.

Let him live for ever in dirt bike heaven.

I never met Dana but, he automatically gets a +1 for riding dirt. My condolences to his family & friends.

I just returned home from riding Big Bear and found this thread, what incredibly sad news. I never had the pleasure of meeting or riding with Dana but I did spend several hours on the phone with him helping to plan his Cabo ride. His interest, excitement, and overall positive attitude regarding that ride are how I will remember him.

Ride on my friend, y vaya con Dios!

Wow. Damn. I didn't know Dana, but from the comments here I know I would have liked him. :( Roost in Peace Dana!

I missed this thread until now....sorry to hear about Dana, I did not know him.

Always sad to hear about a fallen rider and an SDAR member.

Condolences to his family and friends and to everyone who knew him here. GODSPEED DANA.

Here is the update I received tonight. Dana was brought stateside around 6:00 PM. His family will do a private viewing on Thursday and he will be cremated with a memorial service to happen at a later date.

Can anyone PM the GPS coordinates where the accident happened? I'd like to visit there soon. If anyone is interested in going.

Update- I have the coordinates...thank you.

:crying_anim02: Very sorry to hear this yesterday. My condolences to his family and friends.

I was just down there heading southbound through Laguna Hanson and we had some close calls with cars/trucks coming up from Ojos Negros. I had another riding buddy get hit by one (hit and run) south of El Rosario two years ago. Luckily he was just banged up a bit and we spent the day trying to get his front wheel fixed. Since then I tell everyone I ride with that your biggest risk down there is hitting another car/truck (or cow/burro) on these narrow dirt roads. I always hug the right side and slow down at a crest or turn for that reason. We owe it to ourselves and our families to absorb and learn from these tragedies so we can all keep enjoying such great lives together.

Rest in peace, Dana.

I couldn't get photos to load here. I started a public album on FB page : https://www.facebook.com/sondra.lagnado/media_set?set=a.101521521710

Just add me...Sondra Lagnado if you want to add photos, hopefully this will work.

I talked to Randy and a close family friend. A memorial ride will be scheduled in about two months, a plaque will be made for Dana and a photo picture frame for his family. If anyone is interested in making a donation, let me know.

I couldn't get photos to load here. I started a public album on FB page : https://www.facebook.com/sondra.lagnado/media_set?set=a.101521521710

Just add me...Sondra Lagnado if you want to add photos, hopefully this will work.

I talked to Randy and a close family friend. A memorial ride will be scheduled in about two months, a plaque will be made for Dana and a photo picture frame for his family. If anyone is interested in making a donation, let me know.

Let us know how / where we can make a donation... ;)

Dana was a great guy to ride with in Mexico. I had a great time watching him and Sondra negotiate a trade of changing a flat tire for a air pad one night on the beach of Baja. He is and will be missed.

CiD

Oh.. that was a funny moment CID.....he never complained about sleeping a tad more comfortably that night and I happily woke up to him changing my flat. I loved riding with Dana, he always had my back, my bike and pulled me out of many dumb self-imposed moments. Bless his heart and he never really gave me a hard time about any of it.

Hopefully this link will work on Snapfish of the memorial I made for him: http://www2.snapfish...3A%22s%22%7D%7D

Dana Neisler Memorial-No Flat Tires in Heaven

I was incredibly blessed to have celebrated with Dana in life and it was a privilege to ride with him. May he Ride in Peace. Why 12 tires? To represent all the flats he got on his Cabo trip-1 street tire to represent the street bike taco run, we never had a chance to take after he got his new bike. If you stop and pay your respects, please send me a photo.

If you make your way to Mike's, please sign the little "pink" book for his family. If you knew Dana, you would know that he would laugh so hard that I made his little black book-"pink".

There is a tire marker in a zip lock bag behind the sign to write on the tires. If you visit, take him tacos, beer and tequila and some photos for me. Special thanks to Vey's Powersports, Carrera Delante Sietesietesiete andMikes Sky Rancho. It is with a heavy heart, I say good-bye (for now) to a close friend, a Baja brother, an avid adventurist. Dana Neisler remember....there are no flat tires in heaven. Ride on my friend...that Tecate was for you.

More photos I compiled-

http://www2.snapfish...3A%22s%22%7D%7D

Ride in Peace Dana

Dana's Celebration of Life was last night, great turn out, many fun stories and lots of love.

1556214_10101142990335068_1930626375_o.jpg

Yes huge turn out- He did a lot of things in his life other than motorcycles. I was impressed with his paintings he made at 10 years old. They looked like they were made by a seasoned adult.

I was saddened to hear of the lost of Dana. He pulled me through the Baja run the last time I saw him. I'll be chasing him for a while now. May you rest in peace StevoDaDevo!

post-15232-0-96748700-1397770010_thumb.j