Goofy Footer

Death Valley ~ Spring ~ March 7-9, 2014

Gonna be camping , tent ect. Get off work thursday at 5, too late to ride up. So plan on leaving friday morning at 5 or 6 in hopes of a noon arivall time in an attempt to get an afternoon ride friday. Making reservations tomorrow for a tent site.

Jesse

Jesse, let me know if I might be able to haul up a small gear bag or something for you. I've left at 5pm before - it takes forever to get to DV. Thankfully my work is okay with me leaving a couple hours early on Friday. There is some dirt to explore near PSR if you arrive Friday at noon and we're already out.

Sounds good Vacman. Do you know where you'd like to ride Saturday? You could also hit some dirt Sunday morning on the ride home too.

CableJockey and Flexfab - I believe you're both coming up Thursday, do you have your Friday ride plans dialed?

ChrisW when are you riding up?

1NaAdv, you're taking your KLR up on Friday correct? Are you tenting or in the cabin? Let me know, I'm in PB too.

Seano, what is your plan?

rallymike, looking forward to seeing you and the Husky up there.

AdvBum, are you able to come?

SteveS, are you bringing up the DR or KLR?

Others? Post up!

Gonna be camping , tent ect. Get off work thursday at 5, too late to ride up. So plan on leaving friday morning at 5 or 6 in hopes of a noon arivall time in an attempt to get an afternoon ride friday. Making reservations tomorrow for a tent site.

Jesse

Jesse,

The group site still has free camping available. Join us if you want to.

John

"The ride up will not be leisurely-paced. "

Although there is a Racetrack in the park, The staff started frowning on using the whole park as a Track several years back.

I know your are talking about the pavement assault to travel up. Y'all have a good trip!

SandBagger

Maybe Saturday we could do the Darwin Falls loop (it appears we can return to 190 near Saline Valley?) then up Saline Valley to Lippencott and the Racetrack returning the same route sans Darwin?

Sunday I'm open to visiting the Hot Springs along Saline Valley as I've never been.

My plan is to leave Friday morning, but I don't know when we'll arrive. My brother in law is coming too (and maybe his wife) and he suggested we hit some alternate roads on the way up (he's far more experienced than I am - I would have just taken the freeway). Since I don't know what he's got planned I'm not sure when I'll arrive. Saturday is definitely set aside for riding with the group, wherever we end up going.

Just wanted to chime in that I'd love to go along on the ride to Saline Valley on Sunday; the pics I see on here look amazing.

I'll PM my phone number to you to get things started. Can't wait to get out there!

CableJockey - Do you have space for one more tent/bike? If so, will the site be marked?

vanjoosten,

Yes, there is PLENTY of room for more tents and bikes. Please join us. The group site is in the back row to the far right (as you enter the campground)

John

Soooooo, I have a problem at work and may not make it to the ride. I will make sure that Panamint knows the site will still be used even if I'm not there so please use it.

flexfab,

I sent you a PM

I'm ignoring this whole thread based on my immature personality and being unable to go...hope you guys have a great trip

Soooooo, I have a problem at work and may not make it to the ride. I will make sure that Panamint knows the site will still be used even if I'm not there so please use it.

flexfab,

I sent you a PM

Crap! I hope you can make it. I was looking forward to checking out those mines. I took the bike out for a test run and discovered some small issues. I should be able to fix them tomorrow.

I'm ignoring this whole thread based on my immature personality and being unable to go...hope you guys have a great trip

You have a personality?

flexfab,

I sent you a PM

Rats! Keep us posted John, I'm hoping things work out and you're able to make it up. Even if you could load the DRZ on your hitch-hauler for a quick trip it would be great to have you!

flexfab,

I sent you a PM

What? Fix it. You need to get out there. Conditions should be perfect!

flexfab,

I sent you a PM

What? Fix it. You need to get out there. Conditions should be perfect!

Between the wet sand, no dust, and washouts this will be an adventure that spawns some great stories.

In.

Camping in group site.

Driving the suburban.

Riding the DRZ.

Final answer...

I know I have been a bit all over the place. I had some last minute repairs on my car that needed to be completed... they are done.

I should be leaving San Diego Thursday afternoon... arriving at camp late.

See you all there...

In.

Camping in group site.

Driving the suburban.

Riding the DRZ.

Final answer...

I know I have been a bit all over the place. I had some last minute repairs on my car that needed to be completed... they are done.

I should be leaving San Diego Thursday afternoon... arriving at camp late.

See you all there...

Yes! Hey, want to carpool...?

Couldn't find my post....I can't make the ride....too busy at work and don't have a new rear rim for the 950 yet.

Bummer....looks like its gonna be a good one !

Y'all have fun.

Gps says 5hrs or...

Tim & I are on the way...

Someone leave the light on...

Gps says 5hrs or...

Tim & I are on the way...

Someone leave the light on...

See you tomorrow!

Buffalo chicken philly and jamba juice - dinner of champions!

Who else will be at PSR tonight? We're in a red pickup with two DRZs

RallyMike, I like to sleep in lol but plan on covering some miles on Saturday. See you there!

Problem fixed, got hall pass from the program office, trailer hooked up, mobile in 5, be there around 12am.

Problem fixed, got hall pass from the program office, trailer hooked up, mobile in 5, be there around 12am.

Excellent!