97xr400r

Trail report?

So, I was getting my google earth on and ran across this set of "Truck Trails" post-15238-091814300 1370554793_thumb.jp

Does anybody know if they're open? If so can you give me some details? Thanks

Is this gate open? OPEN?

Palomar Divide is open but I haven't had good luck with Half Way.

- Palomar Divide (where your link goes) is OPEN

- Halfway Truck Trail was close the one time I tried to go up that way

- Barker Valley Spur is CLOSED. A very nice place to hike in and camp tho, rumor has it that there's native trout in the West Fork of The San Luis Rey up there.

A quick after work ride will answer that. .....You up for it?

Let's do this.... :ph34r:

lez goo! :party:/>/>

Thought we talked about this trail last weekend when we were on the top of Palomar. Maybe you were talking to someone else at the time. But the consensus was how awesome it would be if we could connect Palomar devide with Nate Harrison...then you could put together a nice loop instead of an out and back.

What day you thinking??

Afry and Sneeker - YES!!!!, thanks for the info! This is on my asap list, guys wanna go? :good::big_boss:

Sunday?

can't do sunday, gotta work ride planned. ducati monster, gsxr750,harley davidson, honda nc700, honda xr400r supmo, BMW car! should be interesting :coolio:

lez goo! :party:/>/>/>/>

Thought we talked about this trail last weekend when we were on the top of Palomar. Maybe you were talking to someone else at the time. But the consensus was how awesome it would be if we could connect Palomar devide with Nate Harrison...then you could put together a nice loop instead of an out and back.

What day you thinking??

me, myself, and I must have been deep in discussion... i think i missed the first half of that one, I can't hear jack with my helmet on. hah!

But the consensus was how awesome it would be if we could connect Palomar devide with Nate Harrison...then you could put together a nice loop instead of an out and back.

Sad to say, there is no open connection between Palomar devide with Nate Harrison.:(/>

Sunday is out for me. But Saturday looks possible but not sure yet.

But the consensus was how awesome it would be if we could connect Palomar devide with Nate Harrison...then you could put together a nice loop instead of an out and back.

Sad to say, there is no open connection between Palomar devide with Nate Harrison.:(/>/>

What about this Gomez Trail which goes all the way through to Palomar Divide, according to Bing Maps?

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?q=nate+harrison+grade&mkt=en&FORM=HDRSC4#JnE9LmdvbWV6JTJidHJhaWwlN2Vzc3QuMCU3ZXBnLjEmYmI9MzMuMzYyNjQ4NzAwMzg1OSU3ZS0xMTYuOTczNTMxMDg5NjM3JTdlMzMuMzM0MTQ4NzEwMTI4NSU3ZS0xMTcuMDEzNDQyMzU5Nzc5

What about this Gomez Trail which goes all the way through to Palomar Divide, according to Bing Maps?

http://www.bing.com/...DEzNDQyMzU5Nzc5

I'm fairly certain that that trail goes through the Pala Rez.

Those guys don't like whitey on the rez without permission. They'll give some lumps if they catch you!

Gomez Trail has a locked gate about a half mile up from the Pauma Valley base. I went up Nate Harrison Grade instead:

IMG_0127_zps291f8629.jpg

Then down East Grade Rd (where Henshaw Truck Trail also has a locked gate BTW):

IMG_0129_zps3534adb5.jpg

Then a stop at the Hideout and down Black Canyon Rd:

a2bc5d68-4098-4ad8-8992-c610214970bd_zpsa890a4da.jpg

Cool pics and stat of Gomez Trail! Thanks!

Thanks for the update... I too spotted Gomez Trail on Google earth... it looks perfect. Does anyone know if that is a seasonal gate, private, Cleveland Nat'l Forest?

It is hard to pick out gates, that damn google earth connects everything... zoom in all the way and I find there is not even a dirt trail, just brush.

I tried to get up there back in January and am not exactly sure if I had the right trail head, but I found this locked gate very close to where Gomez should have been. Looked like a forest service gate and looked locked. Are these gates ever just closed with no lock and you can open them and close once through?

Mf5XahY.jpg