Wanna ride...all options open...nice long street ride with some dirt thrown in

Black diamond single track

Lark-jacumba-corral

Whatcha got? Anybody up for a ride? Not supposed to be TOO warm

Lurking. If it goes full street, I'll bring out the USS RK but haven't had the DR out since the overnight drinking trip, so..........

I won't keep up either way but am game for this if it heads in the mild direction. Weather looks perfect.

May be up for either or? Lurking right now, Dr has some new shoes to break in, but as Ken said if it goes full street may just add another RK in the mix !!

I might be up for a ride that day....though for me, I'll probably pass if it's a long street ride or black diamond single track....neither my favorites :coolio:/>

any surprises on the east county gates that are SUPPOSE to be OPEN , that might not be ????? :angry:/>

Haven't done a border road ride in a long time........

I'll be watching to see what you boys decide :D/>

I'm like, SO totally lurking on this ride...ph34r.gif

I suppose if one posts that one is lurking, one is then no longer lurking..

Looking for a fun ride that morning. Bit of a big bike noob (Tiger 800XC), but plenty of dirt experience. Black diamond may be above my pay grade, but if leans more towards the blue I'll be lurking.

OK- sounds like there is interest, leaning on the not so difficult side with plenty of dirt

which leads me to Otay or Lark- if we do Otay, I'll ride the KLR to and from on street shoes, so the Tiger should be fine... I'll need a ride leader for that ride

Lark- I would take the DRZ on the truck. We have had a Tiger out there before and a BMW GS800, and we would not hit the really tough stuff for a while.

Tom- your SuMo would be fine for either ride

so- we've whittled it down to two rides- please begin to vote

<----------lurking for a dirt based ride....or possibly throwing on the SM shoes if TNT wants to drag a knee?

which leads me to Otay or Lark- if we do Otay, I'll ride the KLR to and from on street shoes, so the Tiger should be fine... I'll need a ride leader for that ride

I'm game for either.

I'll lead an Otay ride if everybody promises not to fall down. We can connect from there to Corral, Pine Creek, Fred Canyon/Thing, etc. Maybe a combination of all.

See, I'm an open-minded, thoughful and caring kind of guy.

OK- Lark sounds more enjoyable to me right now... and, it's all about me, so:

Oak tree in the day use area; I'll get there early and we'll try to stop by the tree on the hour... there are different options we have, depending on which bikes show up... easy fire roads, double track and singletrack

This is just what I was thinking of as well. Very interested, can't commit yet, but close...

OK- Lark sounds more enjoyable to me right now... and, it's all about me, so:

Oak tree in the day use area; I'll get there early and we'll try to stop by the tree on the hour... there are different options we have, depending on which bikes show up... easy fire roads, double track and singletrack

:good:

I probably won't go unless it's later, kind of forgot that we're doing a BBQ/party at the house the day before and I'll probably not be in any condition to ride first thing in the morning.

By the way, we're doing a BBQ at the house and any SDAR members are more than welcome to attend. :coolio:

Need directions to lark...can't confirm I am in yet but will post in or out tomorrow evening. Just figured I would ask where it is ahead of time, also is any adv pass needed?

Need directions to lark...can't confirm I am in yet but will post in or out tomorrow evening. Just figured I would ask where it is ahead of time, also is any adv pass needed?

It's BLM land so no ADV pass needed. 8 East to Boulevard Exit, go right (south) to Old Highway 80. Take Hwy 80 Left (east). A couple of miles down the road you will see the sign for McCain Valley Recreation Area - hook a left. You'll eventually come to a fork in the road - go right (onto the dirt). Follow the graded dirt road for a few miles until you will see a turn off on the left. There will be a toilet, large tree and multiple trucks parked there. The staging area is visible from the road, you won't miss it. Look for the Day Use area.

It's BLM land so no ADV pass needed. 8 East to Boulevard Exit, go right (south) to Old Highway 80. Take Hwy 80 Left (east). A couple of miles down the road you will see the sign for McCain Valley Recreation Area - hook a left. You'll eventually come to a fork in the road - go right (onto the dirt). Follow the graded dirt road for a few miles until you will see a turn off on the left. There will be a toilet, large tree and multiple trucks parked there. The staging area is visible from the road, you won't miss it. Look for the Day Use area.

Or go here:

http://goo.gl/maps/sQSqU

Just a note in case some didn't know, Corral is hosting a MTB race this weekend 18/19th,

so there will be crowds+mountain bikes+the non-MTB areas will have extra quads etc., so......

Just a note in case some didn't know, Corral is hosting a MTB race this weekend 18/19th,

so there will be crowds+mountain bikes+the non-MTB areas will have extra quads etc., so......

Good reminder, thanks

Quads, in general, are no fun @ lark. The trails are smaller, and v shaped.

Most people @ Lark stay on the main trails. Its also another good reason I ride early; lots os people (like tntmo) sleep in a bit, and I don't have to share the trails.

If it starts getting crowded, maybe I'll pack up and hit Jacumba- only 5 miles away and I hardly ever see ANYBODY out there

Well..

I'm still hung up on a longer DS ride.

Anyone interested in starting early with me at the beach in San Ysidro, then as much dirt as we can legally find east to McCain? Lots of riding, little stopping and chatting.

Unfortunately I"m out....my son has both my KTM"s apart to upgrade signals ,LED tail light etc for mothers day (very nice gesture I do appreciate)....but he's working tonight/tomorrow, and finals at college this week, so both bikes are apart right now and won't be back together....and I sold the KLX........ so for the rare occasion , I have no bike. :(/>

but things happen for a reason, perhaps i"m not suppose to ride this weekend....

Will plan something for NEXT weekend for sure...so those who can't make this one, we'll plan another