bikeslut

turn the page

PM-IMG01307.jpg

well- I have made a deal to let the WR go... obviously with mixed emotions

the powerplant on the bike was wonderful, and with the suspension work George did it was magic- It was just too cramped... I bought higher bars, and some people lower the pegs, and some people add a tall seat...

anyway- the bike belongs in the desert, and I don't hit the desert that often (irony alert... going to the desert this weekend :ph34r: )

So- it will be going to a good home, and I'll get the commuter I need

I have "penciled in" a deal on a KLR, just need to sign the papers in ink.

My DRZ does MOST of what I need it to do, the KLR will do most of the rest, and a 250 4t or 300 smoker will do the rest...I'll pull that trigger when the time is right (Strega... does your girlfriend still have the WR250? :coolio: )

(Strega... does your girlfriend still have the WR250? coolio.gif )

Strega has a girlfriend?

Even though I don't have my 07 KLR anymore, I am definitely a fan of the KLR for the right purpose.

Good luck with it Bob.

PM-IMG01307.jpg

the powerplant on the bike was wonderful, and with the suspension work George did it was magic- It was just too cramped... I bought higher bars, and some people lower the pegs, and some people add a tall seat...

anyway- the bike belongs in the desert, and I don't hit the desert that often (irony alert... going to the desert this weekend :ph34r:/>/>/> )

So- it will be going to a good home, and I'll get the commuter I need

I have "penciled in" a deal on a KLR, just need to sign the papers in ink.

My DRZ does MOST of what I need it to do, the KLR will do most of the rest, and a 250 4t or 300 smoker will do the rest...I'll pull that trigger when the time is right (Strega... does your girlfriend still have the WR250? :coolio:/>/>/> )

By the way. I am sure you know about Eagle Mike's source for the KLR. I know Mike Cowlishaw well. Saw him last week at a dance we usually attend. He still has his machine shop and does KLR maint days there. Well worth attending. He will help you and show you how to do just about anything on a KLR.

Why get a wr250? Same bike as the DRZ.

Wr250F... TOTALLY different bike than a DRZ

i had one before... great trail bike, and lots of fun on the track

Why get a wr250? Same bike as the DRZ.

Wr250F... TOTALLY different bike than a DRZ

i had one before... great trail bike, and lots of fun on the track

AHH, gotcha.

BS, If you want to try a couple of different 300 2 strokes let me know, I have 2010 KTM 300XC and 2012 KTM 300XC with linkage, heavily modded for single track but very different bikes.

BS, If you want to try a couple of different 300 2 strokes let me know, I have 2010 KTM 300XC and 2012 KTM 300XC with linkage, heavily modded for single track but very different bikes.

Dai- I really appreciate the offer...this club never ceases to amaze me (especially since you've seen me ride :lol:)

I always post where I'm riding, so if I'm @ Lark sometime you are, I would like to check it out

I "think" I'm a 4 stroke guy. I like a nice linear tractor motor, and I use compression braking...but I've been wrong before, so would kindly take you up on that

and a 250 4t or 300 smoker will do the rest...I'll pull that trigger when the time is right

I *may* be selling my 09 300 XCW (loaded).......haven't decided yet.......

I have "penciled in" a deal on a KLR

Yeah, baby, come to the dark side!

Win some, lose some. I know what you mean about cramped.

I think you're right about a strong 450 being a bit much around Lark or Corral, but I think it's about perfect for riding in the Sierras or other higher elevations. From 6000' and above my Aprilia 550 is much more manageable and an absolute hoot to ride. At Lark it's overkill and a lot of work to control. Perhaps something to consider as you shop.

Good luck with your search.

I think you're right about a strong 450 being a bit much around Lark or Corral, but I think it's about perfect for riding in the Sierras or other higher elevations. From 6000' and above my Aprilia 550 is much more manageable and an absolute hoot to ride. At Lark it's overkill and a lot of work to control. Perhaps something to consider as you shop.

hence my 250 4stroke option

I just met with the new owner and he didn't cry when he handed me the cash, so i'll buck up

Now to go spend it...

Jon- you're going to the show next week, right?

I bought tickets for you, Julie and Meri.... see you there

Im thinking of going tonight... you didn't even offer me free bar popcorn

But I'll take a ride around the track on your future 250F!!

Yes. We'll be there.

I was thinking a 250 wouldn't have enough poop to climb a hill at 7000' so more of a midsize 350-400 cc bike. Like Beta 400RS or 350 or 400RR or the like.

Everyone is a winner, just took care of my wedding anniversary gift. My wife is loving the WR450, she is already looking to get a Seat Concepts seat. Now....do I keep the DR350 or sell it? Turn the page.....

Everyone is a winner, just took care of my wedding anniversary gift. My wife is loving the WR450, she is already looking to get a Seat Concepts seat. Now....do I keep the DR350 or sell it? Turn the page.....

Keep the DR, sell the DRZ-250!

Keep the DR, sell the DRZ-250!

Already traded the DRZ250 for two DR350's!