Wintyfresh

Precision Motorcycle Racks?

Does anyone here have any experience with Precision Motorcycle Racks?

They're a local business, and I'd be much happier supporting them than ebaying something from China made by a guy that's never even laid eyes on the bike it's supposed to fit. The pictures the fabricator's sent me of his previous work look good, his prices are reasonable, they come with a lifetime guarantee and I've found a few positive mentions on ADVrider. Just curious if any of you have opinions of his work or have heard of/dealt with them in the past, thanks!

Great stuff - especially for the price. I had the side racks on my DR650. He and Nomad Racks guy Justin worked together and their products are pretty much identical. They have an agreement to stick with the bikes they had when together so you probably won't see any overlap of products.

+1 for Nomadic, great service , good guy.

-1 for Nomadic Racks. Doubled his estimate for a job and no contact/updates. I'll take my business to Precision next time.

I forget his name but he's located in North Park. He seems like a good guy, met him outside of Cycle Parts West a few months ago. I'll be going to him for my work as well because he lives around the corner from me, among other reasons.

+1 for Nomadic Racks - -he did some beautiful custom work to put a rack on my SE

+1 for Nomadic Racks - -he did some beautiful custom work to put a rack on my SE

Arnie,

I went to Justin because of the work that he did on your bike. He was very enthusiastic to work on my bike, gave me a fair estimate and reasonable time to keep my my bike for R&D (he was going to use it as a template for the racks and make me some custom engine guards.) He had it for two weeks with no contact or updates of any kind. After two weeks I emailed him and find out he hadn't done anything with the bike and now wanted double his original estimate for the engine guards. I'm glad you had a positive experience. I think he did an awesome job on your bike, and if I were just looking to buy something that is part of his normal product line, I would consider buying from him. But I will never go back for any custom work, period. He can run his business his way, but he did me wrong and I don't have any guilt telling everyone about my experience with him.

Rant off

Justin's a great guy..I've bought his racks for gifts.....if I hadn't already invested in a ProMotoBillet rack, (which I do love btw)......I would've bought one for myself...(.about 1/4 the cost of PMB)....

Just a followup in case anybody comes across this old thread in a search, Lee did a fantastic job with the racks. Definitely recommended, I'll go back to him if I ever need another set of racks in the future.

Just a followup in case anybody comes across this old thread in a search, Lee did a fantastic job with the racks. Definitely recommended, I'll go back to him if I ever need another set of racks in the future.

Good to know. Justin at Nomadic did a great job on my DRZ. gave me a great discount and free installation. I'd buy from him again. But for the price on the racks Lee seems to have a great edge. I'm looking at his rear lugg racks for the KLR.

I have some metal tubing and I'm trying to make my engine guards my self. But it's not easy. These two have a great skill.

You have any pix of the racks you got?

I've lent a bike to each and am more than happy with both. Lee(PMR) made my DR rack and did a great job on it. Even included a BBQ rack extension that can be removed with 4 threaded nuts for a lower profile. I can't find a good pic so I'll have to go take some. Then last year, I lent my KLR250 to Justin(Nomadic) when it wasn't running(never does) and he turned out a great little rack also. I would gladly have paid for each now that I've used em. Both of mine and several others are drilled for Rotopax if that's your thing.

P.S. If you buy a new model bike(a redesign)...get in touch with these guys and there is a good chance you can loan your bike and get a free rack. Trophyhunter mentioned in another thread that one of the new CRF250L's is currently desired.

944547_463547743731129_101182530_n.jpg

Here's a pic with the racks installed, I'll take s'more this weekend.

I just picked up a set for the KLR today. Lee did a fantastic job with the racks. Definitely recommended, I'll go back to him if I ever need another set of racks in the future.

post-15232-058257300 1370401054_thumb.jp