Just got a call from RiggerDan- they're in Valle de Trinidad and have had some trouble- everybody is medically stable, but bikes are broken and some members unable to ride out.

I've never been there and would waste a LOT of time trying to find them- they are at the pharmacia- apparently only one in town.

Two riders, two bikes to come out-

Can anyone help?

call me 619 233 7059 ASAP

Just got a call from RiggerDan- they're in Valle de Trinidad and have had some trouble- everybody is medically stable, but bikes are broken and some members unable to ride out.

I've never been there and would waste a LOT of time trying to find them- they are at the pharmacia- apparently only one in town.

Two riders, two bikes to come out-

Can anyone help?

call me 619 233 7059 ASAP

I will call you in a few minutes, on hold with insurance. Are you going down there? I can go with you if you want to come by get me and I know Valle T. It is so small you can't miss them. There is a good place for them to stay for $ 25.00 right next to the Pemex as you enter Valle T.

Agreed-

I encouraged them to set down for the night and am in easy mobile contact. I'm willing to go with my trailer, but someone who knows the area might be a better choice, and my timing here is difficult.

Do they need to be picked up tonight? if so I will go if someone goes with.

myself and a couple others from here who couldn't go today with them are scheduled to depart from Tecate to Mike's at 7am tomorrow. There is supposed to be a bronco or something going as well?

other option is we go get them tomorrow? How many bikes are broke? How many trucks do we need?

I am currently at my daughters in Sprint Valley someone just call me if you need someone to go with you tonight. I like Paul don't know the way.

626-372-0109

Do they need to be picked up tonight? if so I will go if someone goes with.

myself and a couple others from here who couldn't go today with them are scheduled to depart from Tecate to Mike's at 7am tomorrow. There is supposed to be a bronco or something going as well?

other option is we go get them tomorrow? How many bikes are broke? How many trucks do we need?

I am currently at my daughters in Sprint Valley someone just call me if you need someone to go with you tonight. I like Paul don't know the way.

626-372-0109

They'll likely be able to overnight there, and get picked up in the AM.

2 riders, 2 bikes coming out.

I am happy to go as help - been there once a couple weeks ago but my suburban only holds one bike. Sounds like we need a truck - Left my number with Paul.

I am happy to go as help - been there once a couple weeks ago but my suburban only holds one bike. Sounds like we need a truck - Left my number with Paul.

Unable to go, but I have a 5x8 utility trailer that can be used if needed. PM me or erickmagnuson at gmail dot com, I'm in South Escondido.

UPDATE:

Dan and Mark have secured transport home- all is OK and handled.

Resume your normal activities.

Wow, what a great group of support people we have here in our little community.

I offered to go for the tacos & beer in Valle T, plus it is extra points in the moto karma bank.

This community is Awesome.....can't call this just a "website"........so much more..... :friends:/> :drinks:/>

.For future reference...I have a 6 x 12 trailer, always available for help.....and anyone feel free to put me in their spot contacts.........

I probably wouldn't be a good choice for this one......don't know baja.....but always willing to help....very glad it worked out...

So, Paul, Who is going after our boys?

Nobody.

Dan's charmed a local into driving them to the border, and his wife to pick them up.

So, Paul, Who is going after our boys?

Nobody.

Dan's charmed a local into driving them to the border, and his wife to pick them up.

It will be interesting to hear the story on this. I could have gone as well and have a trailer. It is always a pita to break down in Mexico and try to figure out who is willing to help drive into Mexico to help you out. Most of my friends are scared of Mexico. It IS nice to be part of a community.

DD

If you haven't been to Baja, one thing you may not know is there is an awesome community of people willing to help down there. I broke down outside of Valle T. on a solo trip, what could have been bad turned into a the beginning of a great adventure. I made new awesome friends that dropped my bike and me off at my doorstep and a week later ended up driving their chase truck for the 500 and camping with their families. Baja adventures are the stories you can't make up.

Sorry I missed a chance for a meal at Mi Pueblito. Wish I had seen this sooner. :angry:

Anyone can PM or call me if they (or a friend) need a hand in Baja. I have the equipment and the yearning to go.

Darn, I just gave a helmet to Mark so he could ride! Good to see the group taking care of each other.

Sorry I missed a chance for a meal at Mi Pueblito. Wish I had seen this sooner. :angry:/>

Anyone can PM or call me if they (or a friend) need a hand in Baja. I have the equipment and the yearning to go.

Yeah, me too. I would've jumped all over this. I still have Peso's in my pocket from last week!

Thank you for the support - when your on the other side "of happiness" its nice to know there are people that are willing come out to help.....

A true genuine appreciation for the SDAR crowd that was standing by to help

Another trip to Baja and another story to tell around the campfire

All in all good times, just unfortunate circumstances................

Thanks again SDAR

and thanks to Paul Bowers for picking up the phone and organizing the effort....

riggerdan

Wow what a great response to two riders in need. I too have found the Baja locals to be ready to help in an emergency situation with everything they have at their disposal. That said, they don't have much to work with. When better technology became available on our trips down there we would carry a GPS, a satellite phone, and a Bi National Committee card.

and thanks to Paul Bowers for picking up the phone and organizing the effort....

M. Never for get the M.

heh.gif