Goofy Footer

Halloween Hangover nOOb Ride

Is everything Weestrom(Vstrom 650) friendly? I'm not a noob to the dirt, but definitely am on the big bike. Would like to go out and get it dirty.

I've seen ride reports by you before. The trail is 100% Stromable. If KTMrad and Afry bring their big bikes, you'll be in good company.

No plans that weekend, so I plan on going.

Goofy, thanks for organizing another ride.

Randy, it'd be great to ride with you again! There should be a few big bikes too.

I think the title suggests we all be hungover for this ride :blink:

Halloween sugar or or the traditional type hangover - pick your poison.

I'm in. I have parts on order for next week, so hopefully they make it in time. Looking forward to finally meeting some of you. Had to deal with a broken foot for the last few months. Does anyone have a mileage estimate for the route though?

I remember your first post here. I don't think you even had a DS bike yet, only quads. This would be a great first DS ride. I'm glad you can make it. No need to worry about gas mpg, there are multiple gas stations along the way. Ramona, Santa Isabel, Julian, Descanso and Alpine.

Is everything Weestrom(Vstrom 650) friendly? I'm not a noob to the dirt, but definitely am on the big bike. Would like to go out and get it dirty.

No problem for a weeee!

I'm in on the 9 fity - you have me at beer.....

Superb. It'll be great to see the big beauty in action.

i'll see if i can make this... if i'm hungover it's from the MPRE, and post exam festivities...

If KTMrad and Afry bring their big bikes, you'll be in good company.

Don't worry we'll save some beer for ya!

BUMP!

Post up if you're interested in the ride or have any questions!

If you're riding to the ride, post up because somebody may be able to tag along with you.

Any route or gps questions - post up!

This will be a fun route with good riding, views and food! Hopefully tntmo and I will be able to scout the Ramona sections of the ride to better assess current road conditions of Red and Blue options there. Blue is the nOOb/beginner/big bike friendly route.

I can also draft a loop from Alpine back to Ramona - anybody want to ride :cowboy:

I'll plan on swinging over for breakfast/say hello......I'll probably just ride out to Mesa Grande with everyone then hang a U-Turn or a left towards Lake Henshaw/Hideout when you turn right towards Santa Isabel.....

I'll be at Amerient (same parking lot as Packard's) at 8am for breakfast if anyone wants to join me (they don't open until 8am).......

FYI - Please DO NOT leave your trucks in the Packard's/Amerient parking lot if you're trailering up to Ramona.....they need the limited space throughout the day......plenty of parking on the nearby side streets.....

My wife will be riding once again, I'm trying my best to get her involved in dual sport riding. Ladies, get out here and make her feel welcome!

I'll try to get Kathy to ride over to Packard's on the CRF230F.....not likely but I'll give it a go.....

I'll plan on swinging over for breakfast/say hello......I'll probably just ride out to Mesa Grande with everyone then hang a U-Turn or a left towards Lake Henshaw/Hideout when you turn right towards Santa Isabel.....

I'll be at Amerient (same parking lot as Packard's) at 8am for breakfast if anyone wants to join me (they don't open until 8am).......

FYI - Please DO NOT leave your trucks in the Packard's/Amerient parking lot if you're trailering up to Ramona.....they need the limited space throughout the day......plenty of parking on the nearby side streets.....

Great point on the parking situation at Packard's - Thanks!

See you Sunday.

tntmo - - "My wife will be riding once again, I'm trying my best to get her involved in dual sport riding. Ladies, get out here and make her feel welcome!"

I'll try to get Kathy to ride over to Packard's on the CRF230F.....not likely but I'll give it a go.....

Excellent! Lure her to Packards with fresh coffee and good brunch.

bboyle9 probably wants to check out your WR and I'd be interested in seeing the CRF230F in action.

Don't worry we'll save some beer for ya!

I don't trust that for a second. I'll have the TW pinned to the Brewery!

Sorry can't make this one- a n00b ride would be perfect for me on the new one.

Besides another great NoOb ride you guys have a serious problem if you are still hungover since Halloween is on Wednesday the 31st and this ride is on the following Sunday Nov 4th :rolleyes:

Sorry can't make this one- a n00b ride would be perfect for me on the new one.

don't be a tease - details please!

Besides another great NoOb ride you guys have a serious problem if you are still hungover since Halloween is on Wednesday the 31st and this ride is on the following Sunday Nov 4th :rolleyes:

By registering for SDAR, we've all clearly acknowledged that we already Have A Problem!

My budddy Carlos may join us, he got a KTM 450 a few months back and has only rode it around his neighborhood. Justin plans to be there as part of the DR350 crew, and another friend of mine may represent another DR350.

Teresa and I hiked 24 miles of the Pacific over the weekend. I saw some knobby tire tracks in a few areas, would have been a lot easier than walking it.

The " Weasels M/C " I think it was their quote..A drinking club with a motorcycle problem... :drinks:

This ride sounds like it will have a big turnout...I suggest we split into a few different groups. May I suggest one group for the 650cc and above bikes. I'll lead that group if nobody else wants to.

1351575048[/url]' post='136369']

In! I'll be dressed a hooker for halloween.

Thanks fr the visual...22 minutes and counting..........Watch channel 8 news tonight at 11 o'clock.

Just told my Manager and “Bauleiter” that I will go on a ride with you instant of working on the remodel. I plan to bring a KLR rider, with me.

Mr.JAJA :)

bboyle9 probably wants to check out your WR and I'd be interested in seeing the CRF230F in action.

I asked Kathy if she'd like to ride the CRF230F on Sunday with Da Boyz......the PG version of her reponse is "Hell No!"......my daughter Caitlynn *may* step up....

The WR is currently on a stand with no forks.....tires/oil need to be changed.....filters need to be changed/cleaned.....I'll try to get to that on Sat....if not I'll just show up on The Smoker.....

100% friendly for the Strom. See you there!

Great, I'm going to try and clear my Sunday and head down. I might just take the 79 after lunch through Temecula and back over Ortega due to time/distance since I'm coming from OC.

I asked Kathy if she'd like to ride the CRF230F on Sunday with Da Boyz......the PG version of her reponse is "Hell No!"......my daughter Caitlynn *may* step up....

The WR is currently on a stand with no forks.....tires/oil need to be changed.....filters need to be changed/cleaned.....I'll try to get to that on Sat....if not I'll just show up on The Smoker.....

Tell Caitlynn that I go and she will jump in. (I hope so) till march is enough time to finish the W-place.

Is it possible to join this ride without having a GPS? I'm unfamiliar with the terrain/trails but would like to go just to putt-putt around and learn a bit of the area. Is there a hard copy map or do I need GPS to follow at a geezer pace?

Is it possible to join this ride without having a GPS? I'm unfamiliar with the terrain/trails but would like to go just to putt-putt around and learn a bit of the area. Is there a hard copy map or do I need GPS to follow at a geezer pace?

Goofy Footer, jump in and correct me if I'm wrong....

It's Goofy's ride, but this is what will probably happen.....

You don't need a GPS. We'll be split up into groups if there is a large turnout. Our motto is "nobody gets left behind" so everyone looks out for the riders in their group.

There will be varying paces in the different groups. If it's a big turnout, there will probably be a fast, medium, slower group and possibly another big ADV bike group.

I have never used a GPS on any rides. Not sure how it's possible, but I always make it home....much to the chagrin of the rest of the group.

No GPS will be required.