KTMrad

300K & Counting....a Testament to Ford

My F150 now has over 300,000 miles on it, bought new in '98.....original 4.6 Litre V-8 motor and tranny (5 speed).

Only major work I had done was the valve job, which was my fault for burning the valve due to running with lean condition too long.

Front end ball joints now need to be replaced....wow, they lasted this long, that's pretty damn good. Everything else has been maintenance that you would expect on any vehicle.

Wow thats great. Mine lasted to 168 k then had a head gasket problem. It was a auto and I sold it as is fearing I would have to fix the trany after the heads. Good for you.

My li'l Ranger is still going strong at 160,000 miles. It needed a clutch a couple of years ago, but other than that, it's going strong. It could use a little body work and some fresh paint, :coolio:

We have almost all Fords in our white fleet, well maintained but never babied and driven like a rental I'm sure. Most have over 200,000 who'd a thunk, they aren't Toyotas but that is a darn good track record.

Randy I have a good recommendation for ball joints if you want.

C-Ya.

Let's not ruin the mood by discussing the "89 Taurus. coolio.gifdirol.gif

Every time I would talk to the folks at the dealer, " Oh yeah, we have that sorted now." crazy.gif

I know, trucks are different.

Rad, glad it worked out for you.

05 F150 with 150,000 on it, 3rd tranny. I sux, next truck will be a ford. I am 50 years old, my first ford truck i got when i was 16, this is my 3rd ford truck.

good news my 02 explorer sport trac has 110,000 on her and I sure hope to keep her into the 200 zone.

Ford trucks are a testament to NAFTA and international cooperation. I still find it amazing that the product produced is of pretty high quality.

Makes my Tacoma with 152k seem like a youngster

How old is your Taco? My Titan is 5 years old with over 100k. Seams like Randy is right on target.

Yo Randy I saw you driving the other day Sightings Thread. Congrats on 300k. Makes my Tacoma with 152k seem like a youngster

That would make my taco with 9k an infant.