GeoMoto

Flying Monkey Adventure Rally 2012

You got it Roger. I'll call them today and let them know.

Well the guys I was going with have bailed out on me. I'd have no problem driving my own truck up to the Flying Monkey but my wife and I made plans for her to drive up in our car on Sunday and then spend a few days touring the parks in the area together. So if anyone has room in their truck for a bike and passenger I'm happy to pay more than my share of the gas.

Covered in No Ride

Well the guys I was going with have bailed out on me......

Covered in No Ride

This seems to be a pattern. :thumbsdown_anim:

Though I'm not as fast and surely not as "handsome" as your other riding buddies of choice...

MY regular riding buddies are very fun, very reliable, and we always are covered in rides....and of course you are always welcome if you don't mind slowing down a bit :friends: or maybe you could just ride the trails twice..........(only because of me of course...the other guys are plenty fast).....

I am soooo looking forward to this ride. Deb we will be there Thurs. afternoon RV space #7. Can't wait to meet everyone and explore new trails.

Well the guys I was going with have bailed out on me. I'd have no problem driving my own truck up to the Flying Monkey but my wife and I made plans for her to drive up in our car on Sunday and then spend a few days touring the parks in the area together. So if anyone has room in their truck for a bike and passenger I'm happy to pay more than my share of the gas.

Covered in No Ride

Curtis, Roger and I are planning on driving out together (We're not leaving until Thursday night because the guy with a new job (me) can't get away any earlier)......we'll drive to Primm or Vegas on Thursday night....then roll into the Ponderosa on Friday morning.......riding by noonish....

If you and Brian head out in your truck, or in his truck, one of us can hop in for the ride back from Utah with Brian and your bike...

I plan on riding a full day on Sunday, but then "I" need to head back to Primm on Sunday night so I can roll into work by ~1pm on Monday......Roger or Curtis may have more flexibility on a return date.....

Well the guys I was going with have bailed out on me......

Covered in No Ride

This seems to be a pattern. :thumbsdown_anim:

Though I'm not as fast and surely not as "handsome" as your other riding buddies of choice...

MY regular riding buddies are very fun, very reliable, and we always are covered in rides....and of course you are always welcome if you don't mind slowing down a bit :friends: or maybe you could just ride the trails twice..........(only because of me of course...the other guys are plenty fast).....

Sorry Bro , 2 rides in a row now ! Im actually gonna pull my name from the next couple of rides as well. Were getting crushed at work right now, with force backs every day. You or Hobeii let me know if you want the site, or any body else interested in a Rv site with hookups at Ponderosa 19th -22 let me know and we can change it over to your name before I cancel it.

Sorry Bro , 2 rides in a row now ! Im actually gonna pull my name from the next couple of rides as well. Were getting crushed at work right now, with force backs every day. Sitting here 148 hours into a 240 hour straight shift I just cant think of a cute comeback for you. You or Hobeii let me know if you want the site, or any body else interested in a Rv site with hookups at Ponderosa 19th -22 let me know and we can change it over to your name before I cancel it.

I have a tent site reserved that I'm not using since I'm staying in a cabin with Roger/Curtis......figured I'd just flip that to CiD and Hobiee

I really wanted to do this Rally...but work must prevail since I had 2 slow months already this year (I'm self-employed), and the guy I work for is going on vacation next week, so they need me to help cover potential issues at the office or in the field.

I'm bummed, but I'm guaranteed more work if I stay in town and don't take off.

I am soooo looking forward to this ride. Deb we will be there Thurs. afternoon RV space #7. Can't wait to meet everyone and explore new trails.

Cool, we have another Deb who rides! Come by the wooded area with all the tents, we will be there thursday morning, some people wednesday night.

Chris, it looks like I have 3 bikes in my tundra already, but you are welcome to ride up with me if you can get a ride for your bike somehow. I am leaving wednesday after work, probably drive to mesquite and the rest of the way thursday morning early.

I mighht end up with only two bikes, if so I think I could fit yours, you are bringing your small bike, right?

Cool, we have another Deb who rides! Come by the wooded area with all the tents, we will be there thursday morning, some people wednesday night.

Chris, it looks like I have 3 bikes in my tundra already, but you are welcome to ride up with me if you can get a ride for your bike somehow. I am leaving wednesday after work, probably drive to mesquite and the rest of the way thursday morning early.

I mighht end up with only two bikes, if so I think I could fit yours, you are bringing your small bike, right?

Ian, are you camping with your new camper? That is the best ? Tent camper I have ever seen. See you Thurs.

Thanks for the offer Ian, Hobiee and I worked it out. He's driving up and we rented a house. Not sure when we'll roll in, but not before Friday morning.

Chris

Sorry Bro , 2 rides in a row now ! Im actually gonna pull my name from the next couple of rides as well. Were getting crushed at work right now, with force backs every day. You or Hobeii let me know if you want the site, or any body else interested in a Rv site with hookups at Ponderosa 19th -22 let me know and we can change it over to your name before I cancel it.

hey eddie,

I know your life is crazy right now..with work and family stuff.....and I'm sure chris understands that too.....I apologize..I didn't mean that to be an insult to you.....hang in there!!!!...hope to ride with you again soon....

Ian, are you camping with your new camper? That is the best ? Tent camper I have ever seen. See you Thurs.

Oh yes, definitely. Camped in lone pine recently during a windstorm, it is like being in a house. Really love the thing. Much easier to lug around than a toy hauler, too.

See everyone soon! Debs ktm is playing up at the last minute, she may have to resort to riding the klx. I love that little klx. It is always more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slowly. I may have to bring the GS as well so we have at least one backup bike in the group.

Kind of a Tough Weekend...I have 3 bikes, and only one is up to this trip right now.... :( was planning on taking 2 for a back up...in case someone bikes breaks....

I'd LOVE to have my #1 KTM when taking the biggest riding trip yet in my life .......it decided to "die" at nearly the end of a ride yesterday with trophyhunter and fakename......luckily it could be bump started and run at high RPM....but totally dies at low speed and WON'T START at all, (except bumping it).....

Ken was a gentleman and rode the bucking bronco the few miles back to the truck.....so I got to ride the DR650.....different feel for sure...I found that similar to a KLR...but only riden both a short ride....BUT way better to happen where it did, than at the top of a 13K pass in colorado right?.....

Thanks to my great friend Ian, who tore into it last night to try to find the problem.....Not the spark, not the carb, not the air intake....mystery right now...still MAYBE can figure it out...but running out of time...and thanks to Paul for the ideas of things to check also....

My #2 KTM, (son uses) is at All American with an oil leak near the pipes......(I will call and beg tomorrow morning, but Not sure I can get it back by tuesday night before takeoff.....so yes, I may ride the #3 trusty KLX....Not near as much fun or horsepower, or riding range..., but it is a great bike also....

Now if you want to slam KTM's ...I WON'T join you, so please just leave that alone...feels bad enough already........these bikes are AWESOME, and I put ALOT of hours on them....and no matter how well you try to keep up and maintain them, ALL bikes get repairs....just tough timing to have BOTH mine down now... Life goes on....Still excited for this great trip.... :D

Deb I had a blocked jet on my KTM a few years ago and it did exactly what you describe. Took me a couple of carb cleaning to finally find it. Bike has run great ever since. I always run a fuel filter now.

CiD

It is always more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slowly.

:smile_anim:

Hope you get the KTMs sorted out.....see you guys Friday

Deb I had a blocked jet on my KTM a few years ago and it did exactly what you describe. Took me a couple of carb cleaning to finally find it. Bike has run great ever since. I always run a fuel filter now.

CiD

I have cleaned the jets three times now, they are practically sparkling. I even installed the carb from my bike onto hers, and it still would not start. The plug is getting nice spark, and there is no airflow restriction. The only reason left in my mind why it would not run is timing...? I have one more evening wrench session to try to figure it out.