KTMrad

Think We Should Approve This New Member ?

This was from a new guy trying to register and get approved......I gave him a piece of my mind in response to this.......

"We came over from ADVrider (several probably) because Xcountry rider got banned, and we are doing a ride with him.

I logged on and registered two f'ing days ago. I have a whole garage full of bikes and I'm 54 years old and you need me more on your site than I need your site.

Either open up the f'ing thing or forget it."

I am brand new here, but that's not the guy I want to have looking out for me in the desert.

Damnit...he just missed out on the noob ride...he wouldve had so much fun

Seriously- WE need him more than he needs us?!?! I don't need him, in the least...what kind of egotestical (sic) jackhole would send an email like that?

Wow-

Seriously- WE need him more than he needs us?!?! I don't need him, in the least...

Wow-

And he's got a garage full of bikes, and he's 54....WOW, I'm impressed. Must be the only guy around with a garage full of bikes :rolleyes:

what kind of egotestical (sic) jackhole would send an email like that?

Exactly what I said, in similar words.

Maybe he was kidding??

Really ??

That's some positive thinking. :lol:

I figured it was soooooooo far out there it had to be a joke ;)

But what I really want to know is what you wrote back :heh:

I'd like to know how he got through. I've tried joining 4-5 times and your box is always full or had no response.

I hope he is not on XC,s ride next week. It will be eazy for me to ride home.

I am brand new here, but that's not the guy I want to have looking out for me in the desert.

EXACTLY!

Maybe you're new here, but you grabbed the thought right out of my keyboard.

I suspect we'll somehow manage to keep up the good work without that guy, despite the tremendous loss of his contributions.

I read it as if he was kidding as well....

Mainly because of all the posts and face to face conversations I have had. People have been frustrated with the amount of time it takes to be "approved" and have a username to log in to this site. Way too much of a hassle in their eyes as most other sites are instant.

Besides the amount of time it takes to have your member status be updated with all of the shops for discounts etc.

just passing info....no need to get defensive

Guest Crusty

I feel his frustration, took me two years and a lot of counseling to get approved.heh.gifheh.gif

We all know "approval" isn't automatic, and in some cases takes a while...

That is because there is an approval process...somebody checking to make sure SDAR isn't bombarded with spammers, bots and viruses.

That's my take anyway

We're NOT just an "on-line" club. We ride together, know each other and take care of each other when we need it. Randy has aid it before...we don't have or need a JoMomma here, because we're not advrider. And that's not a slam on advrider or JoMomma; we're just different.

If that's his sense of humor, I guess you have to know him to find it funny (and not all of us that THINK we're funny are perceived as such by others) IF he gets approved, maybe he can get "the vibe" here and meet some great friends, great riders and find we don't care how many bikes you have...

And he's got a garage full of bikes, and he's 54....WOW, I'm impressed. Must be the only guy around with a garage full of bikes :rolleyes:

We already have a resident mid 50s member with a garage full of bikes (one inside the house, too). :rolleyes::coolio:

Surprisingly, I've know swell guys that have only one bike in the garage.

unsure.gif

I say let him in on Double Secret Probabtion......give him some leeway/rope and see what he does with it....he'll either pull himself up or hang himself....

I say let him in on Double Secret Probabtion......give him some leeway/rope and see what he does with it....he'll either pull himself up hang himself....

I was thinking the same thing.

Whats your take on this X country rider?? Do you know him. You seem like a stand up guy and going thru the hassles of putting on a good ride in 2 weeks.

We all know "approval" isn't automatic, and in some cases takes a while...

That is because there is an approval process...somebody checking to make sure SDAR isn't bombarded with spammers, bots and viruses.

That's my take anyway

We're NOT just an "on-line" club. We ride together, know each other and take care of each other when we need it. Randy has aid it before...we don't have or need a JoMomma here, because we're not advrider. And that's not a slam on advrider or JoMomma; we're just different.

If that's his sense of humor, I guess you have to know him to find it funny (and not all of us that THINK we're funny are perceived as such by others) IF he gets approved, maybe he can get "the vibe" here and meet some great friends, great riders and find we don't care how many bikes you have...

The forums where approval is done automatically by computer aren't bombarded with advertising and spam posts. The reason is simple. Genuine users report spam posts, the posts get deleted, and the offender gets banned immediately. So if it takes a long time for someone to be approved, it has nothing to do with avoiding spam.

Another ADV Rider who seems to think his exhaust doesn't stink.

This was from a new guy trying to register and get approved......I gave him a piece of my mind in response to this.......

"We came over from ADVrider (several probably) because Xcountry rider got banned, and we are doing a ride with him.

I logged on and registered two f'ing days ago. I have a whole garage full of bikes and I'm 54 years old and you need me more on your site than I need your site.

The reason we do an approval process is, we like to know who is joining our site.

that's it.

I will be getting someone else to help with the approval process, someone with a lot of free time on their hands. Already have a member in mind.

Not the most tactful way to put it, but I can understand his frustration. He wants to get in on a ride that I guess is happening in a few days and he isn't getting approved for membership here.

Whether you approve him or not. I really don't care either way.

So now my question is, should we keep track of people trying to join SDAR, or should we make it automatic approval via computer. The spammers will be blocked due to forum software security.

I always say "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I don't see anything wrong with having to wait a few days for approval. Anyone can still read the site just can't respond.

Covered in Dust