We rode on the dirt road for a while first thing to help everyone asses themselves

Might want to edit that to read "assess" :coolio:

Dunno what you're typing about ...coolio.gif

Dunno what you're typing about ...coolio.gif

:) Just my anal (no pun intended!) nature!

Looks like that was a great event, and I wish I could have attended. It appears a good time was had by all!

What Paul says is true. You will note that all the pictures I took were from a safe vantage point at the bottom of the rocky hills. While I'm not really a noob rider I am at a noob level in dirt. I don't really feel comfortable on anything rougher than groomed fire roads. Paul and BS explained what we were doing perfectly and made sure no one was left behind. If there are any new riders or new to dirt riders lurking here, not sure if you should join in on a noob ride, I assure you that these guys will take great care of you.

some more pictures...

some may be duplicates, but I didn't want to leave out any pictures of folks (if they want to see them)

this was the road for the "noob" ride... maybe 10 miles of stuff "just like this"... DSCN8742.jpg

DSCN8771.jpg

DSCN8768.jpg

DSCN8763.jpg

DSCN8766.jpg

DSCN8768.jpg

DSCN8777.jpg

DSCN8780.jpg

DSCN8775.jpg

DSCN8796.jpg

DSCN8794.jpg

DSCN8789.jpg

DSCN8782.jpg

DSCN8783.jpg

DSCN8785.jpg

DSCN8762.jpg

DSCN8761.jpg

DSCN8760.jpg

DSCN8759.jpg

DSCN8755.jpg

with this diverse of a group in age (from 20 something bboyle all the way to paulmbowers) and as diverse a group of bikes (husky 310 up the a GS800) and different experience level (Zara in her first few years of dirt to people like me that started 40 years ago... make no mention of my lack of skill)

I was very happy to have no "events"... Paul, trophy, bum, baldbeemer, and dave all were on radios trying to keep 22 diverse people interested... quite a few experienced guys helped with sweep duty... chillchick brought donuts :heh: (interesting side not; mistress and chillchick arranged to carpool... and figured out they actually know each other... FOR 8 YEARS NOW... they're horse people in ramona; small world)... bum found the magnificence of riding with two ways and music... jason went from noob to stud in one day (yeah... he probably hates me, but whatever... he survived :lol:)

all in all a great day, with special thanks to paulmbowers for the group photo, ride leader, and head cat wrangler (including the pre-ride pep talk atop the boulder)

by the end of the day, I think everybody had fun, ESPECIALLY DIVA... oh yeah... she whines and moans about "how do I let you talk me in to this?!?!" but I KNOW she is loving every moment of it

couple more pics

forget his name... this guy on the GS800 riding singletrack! Here is is coming back from checking out the cave

DSCN8732.jpg

DSCN8731.jpg

one of the first "spills"... no harm no foul, and he got up before the camera would even focus... this must be boyle or dave

DSCN8738.jpg

DSCN8729.jpg

I know this picture sucks... he was too fast on this obstacle

DSCN8767.jpg

O

M

G

!

is that a picture of blind with his front tire in the air?!?!?!?!!

oh yeah, speaking of which... we had 6 or so DRZs on this ride, 3 DR650s, and a couple of XRs... not your typical SDAR bike selection at all

O

M

G

!

is that a picture of blind with his front tire in the air?!?!?!?!!

that's what i said!!!!

nice timing, hoped i would see that and not the "i KNOW i was up!!" moment

THANKS MAN!!!

B)...glad that thing got found!!

oh yeah, speaking of which... we had 6 or so DRZs on this ride, 3 DR650s, and a couple of XRs... not your typical SDAR bike selection at all

and a BMW GS800 that ROCKED, a KTM690 with jumbo tanks, and a few regular KTMs- none of which overheated a single time.

You fixed "that one" "for ME"?

:lol:

I know I don't edit photos at all before I post, but my photobucket account is public...feel free to edit at will

Yea that picture is capturing one of the 17 falls i think i had. im sure blind got a pretty good view of the other 16 considering he was riding behind me. good news is that im getting really good at jumping off and trying to back on the bike before anyone can notice. btw leave it to me to find the rain rut on the SIDE of the road thats 20 ft wide....

again thanks for everyone who coordinated it is greatly appreciated!

one of the first "spills"... no harm no foul, and he got up before the camera would even focus... this must be boyle or dave

DSCN8738.jpg

That is most certainly bboyle9. He told me he was racing for "DR650 Cup" points and apparently thought the rut would be the faster line.

What nobody sees during Blind's airborne shot is the huge smile on his face. Its hidden behind the helmet and beard but I guarantee its there. Ha nice work man!

Glad to hear Jason made it. But he got DeNoobed by the 'Slut... whatever that means?

I hope I can make the next one.

I was actually testing out my new tires...i wanted to see if they would be able to get me out of the deepest rut possible. i also wanted to see how they reacted when i grabbed a handful of front brake...

Nice photoshop on the front tire.

Didn't touch the tire, just added a little "air" underneath. rolleyes.gif Used the "air tool".

Just to help out Bob.

by the end of the day, I think everybody had fun, ESPECIALLY DIVA... oh yeah... she whines and moans about "how do I let you talk me in to this?!?!" but I KNOW she is loving every moment of it

Guilty as charged!!!!!

I know I don't edit photos at all before I post, but my photobucket account is public...feel free to edit at will

That almost sounds like a dare! I sure hope nobody takes advantage of that statement :ph34r:

That is most certainly bboyle9. He told me he was racing for "DR650 Cup" points and apparently thought the rut would be the faster line.

What nobody sees during Blind's airborne shot is the huge smile on his face. Its hidden behind the helmet and beard but I guarantee its there. Ha nice work man!

I hope I can make the next one.

ok, point of reference here:

bboyle--YOU ROCKED IT MAN!!!! a couple vegetation assessments aside, i think the bulk of your riding was good...

there was MANY instances where you could have gone down, but your skills to keep it together at times was pretty stellar.

something i noticed which i am guilty of as well, was front brake, as discussed...but learning has a curve for a reason!!

the mass of the bike and the little things the trails needed(*quicker throttle response for me...) made for late decisions,

and just not enough tricks to save some of those...like a cat, you were up on a couple of those...but, the cholla visual is all mine thoCaco_the_Cactus_by_cLoverWine.gif

GLAD you came out with us to those trails, i think you got better because of it.

B)...some rough stuff you persevered thru...GOOD JOB!!!

as for the picture,

DSCN8794.jpg

i can say this--

me(*@work): YES!!!fistpump.gif *right click save*--wallpaper---

me(@work): (*self thinking looking @ it...)wait...is my back tire, am i??...naw...just the front but heck, i LIKE this...IT'S ME!!!(*like Goofy said,. all doofus smile...*shake fist @ Goofy...damn you!!)

me(@work):show co workers...receive heckling as standard.."bear in his habitat" style of comedy...DAGNABBIT IT...MY TIRE!!! FOCUS HERE, PEOPLE!!! I LOOK COOL!!!(*right??)

coworkers: "nice to see you out playing with your bike"--nice guys, those jerks are...

---OFF TO HOME---

i bring up site--pull up picture to show...also, wallpaper*

me:proudly show wife..."see, that's me!!" all goofy eyed, PROUD...

her: looking at it..."i can tell it's you."

her:"does that rock next to you, look 'wrong'?"

-----LONG QUIET MOMENT OF REFLECTION---

me:*sigh* "uh, yes, it seems to....uh...."

her:"ummmm, appear to have "ridges"...."

me:*quietly reflecting* resigned

clever framing BS, clever indeed. :torch: (*i liked the horizon line, the windmills...*shake tiny fist in air*)

B)...me:put wallpaper back to kids photo.

*sigh*

damn.

crop it.

FIXED....I'm so sorry to have missed this...one of my favorite places to ride.

post-13920-039672400 1328038124_thumb.pn