ADV Bum

What would you want in a trailer?

I am in the process of creating a new camping/ utility trailer. Being that I come from the DS world and not the Jeep world, my starting point and wants were different than theirs.

I would like to know what you guys feel is a MUST have if you were going to spend your hard earned money?

Guest Crusty

450X

XR 680L

CRF 150

a couple of surfboards

2 mountain bikes,

My wife,

in a Fun Mover!

The best setup I have seen is the Fun Movers.

I see one at Pala all the time, Saturday he is at the track, Sunday I see the same rig across the street at the beach.coolio.gif

He has 2 -450Rs 2 surfboards, 2 mountain bikes and a dog.

Found a nice one cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...RVsQ5fCampers#h

The toy hauler you had at the last DD seemed to fit the bill.

A place for the bike/s, or??

Heat/A.C

Enough HOT water for a good shower(tankless)and enough holding tank to store it for a few days. My water heater sucks, takes too long to heat and doesnt last long enough. Searching for inexpencive replacement. Home version $950.

Light weight and easy to pull.

3 way appliances Propane, 110V, 12V.

Varied tiedown positions. Something I had to redesign for Jeep/Bike/Quad or anything else.

Seperate living quarters/rooms. Just a barrier if someone was sleeping, you could still have guest.

Easy to maintain. solar battery charging system.

In/out music and showers are cool.

Outside BBQ that has a quick hookup to the RV propane

Well when will my new trailer be done??

The toy hauler you had at the last DD seemed to fit the bill.

Jon as far as Toy haulers go, I love the one I have. I am building something smaller that can be an Off Road camping/ utility trailer. Something that is perfect for Coon Cabin, Corral Canyon, quick overnight trips.

I want a bed, fridge, stove top range, sink, lights, furnace, cabinets, toilet, shower....oh wait a minute....that's what I'm getting. :rolleyes:

Quick overnights...?

Enclosed 10-12 footer w/side door. Porta potty, 2 burner portable camp stove, plastic dish set, ice chest, maybe one battery for lighting.

Minimalist.

Quick overnights...?

Enclosed 10-12 footer w/side door. Porta potty, 2 burner portable camp stove, plastic dish set, ice chest, maybe one battery for lighting.

Minimalist.

Thats what I want. :)

Anyone want my 21 ft hauler ?

Metaltwister(Bob) was working on something with a popup trailer a while back. Superlite and just the basics.

If you want to take the trailer "off-road" look for one with good ground clearance. I'm going to try to make my own and plan on setting it up to take the same wheels/tires as the tow vehicle so I can use a common spare.

After my trip to the Sierras I have been thinking about making my old jeep trailer into a camping trailer, fold out bed/tent, 20 gallons of water, outside shower, ice chest, hot water, kitchen of some kind , hmmmm

Mine will look like this, but without AC or graphics. ;)

109_1119.jpg

I would like to know what you guys feel is a MUST have if you were going to spend your hard earned money?

Room Service.

One of these would be great for quick overnighters. Adventure Trailers. I like the Teardrop trailer. What they really need to do is make one that can be pulled with an adventure bike.

I purchased this trailer a couple of years ago. It was someone else's prototype. I like some of the design elements and the minimalist approach. When he went to produce them he ended up doing something very close to the AT above. That market is already saturated with good products for what they do, although very expensive. I am going to expand on this and add some of my unique design elements.

offroadtrailer001.jpg

offroadtrailer005.jpg

offroadtrailer004.jpg

I looked into this model of Microlite, since it only weighs 950 pounds (base weight), but the manufacturer is in Wisconsin and has no dealers or delivery service. Still, it looks like a nice item. They also make a slightly beefier model called the Vymeron. I looked into both models actually.

http://www.microlitetrailer.com/MLThome2a.htm

Mimi - nice selection - What I would probably do if I did it again. Mostly cuz I'm the only one who likes to go out. I just want hard sides around me. If I'm going to be in a tent, I can't see paying the $$$ for one on top of a trailer.

Bum - I'm no trailer expert but I'd think a 350 lb bike in the rear would make the thing unstable....?

Mimi - nice selection - What I would probably do if I did it again. Mostly cuz I'm the only one who likes to go out. I just want hard sides around me. If I'm going to be in a tent, I can't see paying the $$$ for one on top of a trailer.

Bum - I'm no trailer expert but I'd think a 350 lb bike in the rear would make the thing unstable....?

That is why he set the axle so far back. Like all trailers, it is about balancing your load. That receiver can be used for many things besides a joe hauler/ motorcycle. I will not be using this trailer to build off of. I have a custom trailer being made that I can finish and modify to my hearts desire.

These look cool for a lightweight minimal trailer.

http://www.jumpingjacktrailers.com/index.html

on there, i saw this. Image-NewsEvents-02.jpg

kinda similar to them all i suppose, although bikes on top is interesting too

B)

I like the idea of being able to bring your quad/ motorcycles. This is a must have. Most adventure trailers lack that ability.

I would like a few added amenities like these in a trailer.

Covered in Silk

This is what I want in my trailer...... :coolio:

I would consider these amenities "optional upgrades". Both will run approx 500-1000 a night.