I am planning on doing a night ride on July 16th. It will be a full moon which is always awesome.

The plan is to meet at bobcat camp in CC for some optional afternoon single tracking. Then meeting at bobcat meadows at 5pm and depart from corral canyon (bobcat meadows campground) and head towards pine valley.

We'll meet up with the night only riders at pine valley cul de sac around 6:30 and head out from there.

We can ride up through pine valley at high elevation (over 5000ft) in the mountains north of pine valley and out to thing valley road and to la posta area and back down to the cars or optional camping at bobcat camp.

The terrain is beginner level rider and big bike friendly. everyone is welcome.

here is the link to our ride from a few years back.

http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5225-saturday-night-ride-072509/page__p__50961__hl__%22night+ride%22__fromsearch__1#entry50961

This sounds good. I'm in. Will give me a chance to take the Big Orange Pig out for a change. I would be up for camping at at Bobcat too.

I'm thinking this would be a nice ride. I'll try to make it.

Hey- I have a big headlight- maybe I should give it a try, huh?

Hey- I have a big headlight- maybe I should give it a try, huh?

but will that big headlight work :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Guest Crusty

Is this a green sticker or plated ride. Should be 110% by then, but I threw away all my bloody gear.heh.gif

Oops- maybe I can't make this after all.

I'll let you know.

My son Brad and I are going to try to make this one.

Is this a green sticker or plated ride. Should be 110% by then, but I threw away all my bloody gear.heh.gif

street legal for the night ride. If you want to ride 110% save it for the pre game show. I'll show up at noon and ride as hard as you want all day.

But for the night ride, we'll take our time and enjoy the fresh air and other happy stuff. no racing, flashing our gang colors, ending in the ER, etc please!

This is a relaxed ride on easy fire roads through the forest.

This is a relaxed ride on easy fire roads through the forest.

I love a nice nice mellow paced scenic ride, especially when the scenery is bathed in moonlight. :wub:

I'll try to come out after work- that should still give me an hour or so on the trails, before we start the other ride

Another popular loop: Pinion-Fish creek-Borrego-Grape vine.

This ^ sounds like fun, anybody wanna join in? Dont want to start a new thread, will be leaving from Temecula. Thinking about adding Oriflamme Canyon from Banner to the beginning...

I would suggest you DO start a new thread... or else we'll have people responding to each ride, and it will get confusing (just my opinion)

yes, if you want to do a desert ride please start your own thread.

I did consider those exact trails for this ride as we have done them many times (in day and night). but from experience its still hot at night out there. so I would like to stick to higher elevations in the lagunas.

I would suggest you DO start a new thread... or else we'll have people responding to each ride, and it will get confusing (just my opinion)

if anybody is interested they can pm me

Hopefully I'll be in town and afternoon ride sounds great, haven't ridden at night for ages so maybe up for that also. How about anyone camping an early work day to hit some of the more overgrown trails (like ranger) on sunday morning?

dai, sunday morning trail work is good with me. i can run ranger and trim it before leaving.

This sounds fun and I was ready to jump on board - till I checked the calendar - gonna be backpacking that weekend. Definitely want to join in on the next one. Given a full moon, how powerful of a light is necessary. I have a NiteRider HID that I use for mtn biking at night. If I attach it to my helmet, will that be enough????? Have never done a night ride on the dirtbike - but want to!

Given a full moon, how powerful of a light is necessary.

depends on how fast you want to go, and whom you are following... follow paulmbowers, and it's like riding in daylight

I've ridden with JUST a helmet light on mountain bikes at Corral, and the downhills are scary.

The "easy" part of this ride requires a plate... the afternoon to dusk part does not

But you could absolutely ride the perimeter roads and a lot of the trails with just an HID helmet light

I ride night rides with just stock headlights.

The 950 headlight works great at night.