Went for a nice test ride this morning. Really liked the bike. NCY want $15,600.00 out the door. Lot of money but a really nice ride. I'm trying to get the wife on board right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Covered in Dakar

post-13540-074962700 1309638560_thumb.jp

Went for a nice test ride this morning. Really liked the bike. NCY want $15,600.00 out the door. Lot of money but a really nice ride. I'm trying to get the wife on board right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Covered in Dakar

Pfft. Looks like a color other than black or white.

Meh.

Covered in Envy.

I will be at NCY in a hour to cheer you on.

Knobys

Sterring Dampener

Woodys Wheels

Exhaust

Bark Busters

Skid Plate

ReMaping

Orange Chain

Orange Sprocket

Dakar Riding Suit from Europe

Arai XD Helmet

Jessie Bags

Pro Taper Bars

Extra Set Supermoto Wheels

You will get a discount I think !

Hey Chris they make a Rekluse Clutch for it and you can get one of those snazzy clutch covers with the Plexi Glass windows. Its cool you can watch the oil go round and round. :thumbsup_anim:

The wife says no. I need to sell a bike or 2 first. I guess I'll have to pour her a good bottle of wine tonight and try and use some of the charm I used on her 20+ years ago to get her to marry me to get her to change her mind.

Covered in Charm :wacko:

Are you taking that thing to Sturgs?

I was just checking that bike out at NCY a couple days ago !! Dude ..... I want to be you when I grow up !

Beauty!

Might have them throw in the high fender.....

But, that's me.....you may like the low fender. Congrats on the new bike!!

my 690 with the high fender...

SAM_0974.jpg

SAM_0973.jpg

Rally Raid makes a Carbon Fiber wind screen that looks really good :torch:

I'll probably have to sell my dogs to buy all the bling I'll be putting on this bike. I was already wondering about the high fender.

Chris

The comedy. I was looking at that bike a few days also, but just could't bring myself to drink the orange cool-aid.

Gotta say it is a nice bike and your gonna have lots of fun on it since I know that it won't be another Pavement-based Adventure Bike.

She's home with me now. Wife says I can't bring her in the house she has to stay in the garage when I'm not riding her. I think the other bikes are already jealous.

cn

"It won't be another Pavement-based Adventure Bike."

The thing about the KTM Twin is, It Can Be as big offroad as you are.

430027688_2xXwN-L.jpg

party.gif

Right now it scares me moving it around the garage. Give me a couple of months and I'll be ready for Ranger on it.

Covered it Dust

Not my picture, just where I want to be on the new bike as soon as possible.

post-13540-093723300 1309743693_thumb.jp

Nice bike. What year? Have then changed this bike any since going from 950 to 990?

Nice bike. What year? Have then changed this bike any since going from 950 to 990?

It's a 2011, I have no idea about the past bikes. I just took it for a test and fell in love. I'm going to hate when I give her her 1st scratch (the 1st cut is the deepest), but I didn't buy her for a street bike. Just a great bike to get me to the dirt in a hurry.

I'm going to hate when I give her her 1st scratch (the 1st cut is the deepest)

So true! Like the camping idea...another reason why I got my 690 as well. I will be watching for camping trips! :coolio:

Oh...thanks for that. song was stuck in my head all day yesterday.

Congrats on the new bike.....welcome to the world of big bikes ! It's an addiction.

Took the 990 out for it's 1st real ride this morning Escondido to Valley Center, up Nate Harrison down to the Hide Out, Mesa Grande to Julian, Back down to Ramona and then back home. About 150 miles. 1st time I've ridden a 450+ pound motorcycle in the dirt. Not quite like the 525 but not to bad either. I'm sure after a few thousand more miles off road I'll get use to it.Only real negative was the gas light coming on after about 100 miles. Then when I fill up it only took 2 1/2 gallons. I'd rather not have the light go on with 3 gallons still in the tank. Maybe 1 1/2 would be good, can't see needing more than 50 miles of reserve.

Covered in Gas