KLXBEN

KTM mystery

I have not had my KTM too long but have had a few people ask me what KTM stands for. I tell them Kost's Too Much or Kost's Tons of Money :lol: Does anybody really know what it means? I looked on KTM talk and surprisingly there is no thread on the subject (they have one on everything else!).

All explained here: KTM History

I have not had my KTM too long but have had a few people ask me what KTM stands for. I tell them Kost's Too Much or Kost's Tons of Money :lol: Does anybody really know what it means? I looked on KTM talk and surprisingly there is no thread on the subject (they have one on everything else!).

Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen

I'll stick with KTM

:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTM

AHA moment I always thought it's Kronreif und Trunkenpolz Mattighofen from the startup, but that name is only after ( now) Kronreif became the major shareholder. Luckily his name started with a K!!! for a no letter change logo.

and we're off to the races witht he KTM jokes.

Kick Till Monday

I knew it would be much easier to ask you guys than do "actual" research.

Keep em coming!

Thanks, Ben

For ME!...KISSS THIS MACHINE!!!! (Because I LOOOOVE it so much....) :wub:

(I still own a few OTHER manufacturers bikes, which get used on much rarer occasions now).......there is NO CONTEST for performance, horsepower, light weight, amazing suspension, ......and delivering sheer JOY when riding it......my 03' 450exc also consistantly got 65 MPH for the 4 days (hundreds of miles) of riding in Utah....high elevation, I'm not pushing it all the time...etc, etc......unheard of I've been told?....and not even my norm, BUT, I must give credit to the GREAT CARB WORK and settings by Tim at All american KTM in Ramona...!! :good:

The bike might Keep Taking Money...but you know ALL the bikes and manufacturers will do that!!!....(2 of my good friends with honda's JUST spent BIG bucks on engine rebuilds)...maintenance and repairs happen to everyone....

Kill That Motha (what it does to the competition)