Spaugh

socks and sandals

33 members have voted

1. 1. is it ok to wear sock with sandals?

• yes
    • no
    • only if you are over 50
    • only if you are married
    • only if you ride pinned in 5th once a month

I do it all the time. I were slide on type sandles, hate flip flops. I find it comfortable. Then again my work attire is usually cut off sweat pants, t-shirt (sleeves removed) and either sandles (with or without socks) or work boots. My attire has been compared to a shipwrecked sailor. It serves three very good functions 1) comfortable 2) cheap 3) I look homeless or crazy, so I can work without any interuption.

Luckily I work for myself, have no employees and all internet sales so looks ain't important.

When I have to work in an office sometimes, I usually wear flip-flops (no socks ! ), shorts and t-shirt. Luckily it's a laid back, casual company and most of the crew here dresses similarly, unless we gotta go to a meeting or whatever.

Gay???? I think it is gay for a guy to notice what another guy is wearing and comment about it. Is this Queer Eye for the straight guy? Just my opinion of course. Besides I wear socks and sandles all the time, I would be upset if I knew you all were making fun of me behind my back.

I'm looking at picking up something like this for bike packing trips: http://www.rei.com/product/821017

Riding the bike to dinner wearing flip flops on road trips is pretty lame (ask me how I know :wacko: ).......with or without socks..... :blink:

I was thinking of going with something like this for those runs to the restaurant or to the store while camping

sandle.jpg

On the SoCal coast socks with sandals have always been a major clothing faux pas. If you wear them at the beach you will be known as a KOOK.

I was thinking of going with something like this for those runs to the restaurant or to the store while camping

sandle.jpg

They look great for shin protection while trail riding! :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm watching this post cuz I gotta know -- I'm going on the Bar 10 and tennis shoes take up too much room :unsure:

Papa Smurf: when doing your internet sales, you don't use Skype, right? :blush:

By the way, I'm over 50 ... :thumbsup_anim:

Hey, I'm watching this post cuz I gotta know -- I'm going on the Bar 10 and tennis shoes take up too much room :unsure:

Papa Smurf: when doing your internet sales, you don't use Skype, right? :blush:

By the way, I'm over 50 ... :thumbsup_anim:

Well, when you're camping who cares? Function before fashion all the way.

Flip Flops (w or w/o socks) will suffice at Bar 10 because you're not going anywhere else once you arrive.....that said, I like the close toed sandals because they crush down compact and offer a bit more support/protection ;) (and hold up AARP signature socks :o:lol: )

While we are discussing important topics, What Up with those synthetic Skirts the athletes call shorts? Back when I played pick up basketball, the 3" drop was the Style. Think Bill Walton 1975,,,Or try not to think of it. Watching the NCAA Tournament, it's hard to believe the coaches let the combatants where skirts they could trip on with dot 3 seconds to play and the game tied. Matter of time 'till a kid trips over his skirt on the way down the court for the winning layup.3493487845_0e42a9accf_m.jpg

sandle.jpg

Come on Tracy don't post something like this without a link. The rest of us might want to get them also.

Covered in I don't know what to call them

While we are discussing important topics, What Up with those synthetic Skirts the athletes call shorts? Back when I played pick up basketball, the 3" drop was the Style. Think Bill Walton 1975,,,Or try not to think of it. Watching the NCAA Tournament, it's hard to believe the coaches let the combatants where skirts they could trip on with dot 3 seconds to play and the game tied. Matter of time 'till a kid trips over his skirt on the way down the court for the winning layup.3493487845_0e42a9accf_m.jpg

Some of us need a little more room in our shorts.

Covered in Comfort

I don't care what anyone thinks about them.

Thats a good thing

If you wear them at the beach you will be known as a KOOK.

After reading Schwinn's "Marine" post I realisted something. As a Marine I killed Iraqis for Uncle Sam, as a civilian I kill fashion with my sandal and sock combination. Did I tell you my socks don't always match?